Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Hon Gbenga Yusuf JK Sponsors 2024 WAEC Fees For 300 Students In Offa, Oyun Lgs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon Gbenga Yusuf JK Sponsors 2024 WAEC Fees For 300 Students In Offa, Oyun Lgs (88 Views)

Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 / Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees / Bola Tinubu Promises Free WAEC Fees For Every Nigerian Child If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hon Gbenga Yusuf JK Sponsors 2024 WAEC Fees For 300 Students In Offa, Oyun Lgs by Jimsonjaat96(m): 6:19pm On Jan 22
Honourable Abdulwaheed Gbenga Yusuf JK, the distinguished Member representing Essa/Shawo/Igboidun Constituency at the Kwara State House of Assembly and the Chairman of the House Committee on Works and Transport, has once again showcased his dedication to the welfare of the people.

The lawmaker, at his private residence in Offa on Monday, January 22, sponsored the 2024 WAEC fees for 300 students in Offa and Oyun local government areas of Kwara State, paving the way for their academic pursuits. This noble gesture reflects Honourable JK's understanding that education is a key driver of progress and prosperity.

The beneficiaries, students drawn from Government Day Secondary School, Moremi High School, Ansarul-Islam Secondary School Offa, Ansar-Ud-Deen College Offa, The Federal Polytechnic Offa (FEDPOFFA) Staff Secondary School, Iyeru Grammar School, Ira Grammar School, Omolabake College, Anglican Comprehensive College (ACC), Tawakalitu Grammar School (TGS), Nawar-Ud-Deen Secondary School, St Mark Secondary School, and others.

Speaking during the scholarship, Hon JK said he is immensely grateful to God for the successful 12th edition of the WAEC scholarships.

"We are here, as we always come every year. This is the 12th WAEC scholarship. I have been doing it before I was elected as a House of Assembly member.

"When I started 12 years ago, I only gave WAEC scholarship to 5 students. All of them are now graduates and working class; even one of them is my lawyer, and one is currently a Ph.D. student. Alhamdulilah, today we want to do 300 students; I gave 200 WAEC scholarships to indigent students last year. It is a huge improvement. It is something to be grateful for.

"While this is not too much, I am of the opinion that there is nothing too little to give to society. The people believed in me and voted for me twice. We have vowed to do good for our people.

"We didn't see an opportunity like this doesn't mean we should not contribute our quota for the betterment of society. You will subsequently relay this as part of your history. We will see doctors, teachers, engineers, and other highly placed persons amongst you in the future."

The Chairman of the Transition Implementation Committee (TIC) in Offa LG, Honorable Olajare Olatundun, showered accolades on Honourable JK.

Hon Olatundun, who was ably represented by his vice, Honourable Raji Aisha, said, "We thank God we meet today; we were here last year. The beneficiaries were 200 last year, 300 this year, and we pray the number will be double next year.

"I want to thank Honourable JK for this feat. May God strengthen him.

"To the students, I say 'failure is a gradual process, success is a gradual process'; I therefore enjoin the students to be steadfast and focused on their studies.

"They should be thinking futuristically as to when and how they will give back to society too. 300 WAEC scholarships are being given to them today; they should be thinking about how to give 3000 in the nearest future."

He also enjoined them to be prayerful.

Commissioner for Health in Kwara State, Dr. Amina Ahmed El-Imam, was also represented by Mrs. Dundu Sherifat; the event was also graced by APC stalwarts, women leaders, and ward leaders.

(1) (Reply)

Adamawa APC Chieftain Praises Fintiri Over Infrastructural Devt / Generous Donations Enhance Security And Support Transformation In Abatete / Is The Two Weeks Passport Issuance Still In Force In Nigerian Immigration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.