Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Editing Joomla Source Code - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Editing Joomla Source Code (3277 Views)

Source Code For A Program / How To Encrypt Your Source Code / Ever Seen The Source Code Of Google.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Editing Joomla Source Code by BigStar1(m): 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2011
Good day to you all. Please i need help on how to put google analytic code and comm100 live chat on a joomla website. I edited the html of the default template and put the code there, both the live chat and the google analytics reflect on other pages except the front page. Please i need the live chat badly on the home page. Any clue please? Thanks
Re: Editing Joomla Source Code by yawatide(f): 4:01am On Nov 07, 2011
All Joomla "pages" work off the same default template. This means that unless you are writing conditionals for each page you have, what you have one 1 "page" will show up on all "pages". If what you added is not showing up on all pages, then either:

1) You have a conditional on the template which displays stuff on certain pages, OR

2) You edited the wrong template, OR

3) You have added the code to a section that has a conditional in it by default and then via the admin interface, you inadvertently set it to publish on all "pages" but the home page, OR

4) You actually added the code via the admin interface and not directly in the HTML template.

Of course, this list isn't exhaustive. These are just off the top of my head.
Re: Editing Joomla Source Code by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 07, 2011
1. Joomla runs of a single index.php so attach the analytics in the main joomla installation folder just don't mess up ur file or u can put it in the template folder.

2.go extensions.joomla.com there are tons of chat apps or pay a developer to create one for you
Re: Editing Joomla Source Code by joomlaman(m): 8:51am On Nov 07, 2011
@BigStar,
For google analytics, I use an extension called "J!Analytics" no much technical hassle.

For live chart, just as PCGuru said there are tons of extension around. Just search for one.

Enjoy!
Re: Editing Joomla Source Code by BigStar1(m): 9:51am On Nov 07, 2011
Thank you all for your response. But the problem is that. I actually wish to use comm100, i just prefer it to others. Moseso i want the chat icon/image to float one my pages to the left side (outside the website container) it works fine on other pages except homepage. I just want to know the source file that render the joomla homepage. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Editing Joomla Source Code by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 07, 2011
i think what you should do is create a module in Joomla template page and style it to float left assuming the module will be called ChatCom so what u do is just assign the module to the ChatComm Position, joomlaman can give u deep insights on this am far from my system. @joomlaman how did the hotel stuff go sorry i couldn't respond on time my BIS went off(Still is off). cry
Re: Editing Joomla Source Code by yommysomguy(m): 7:03am On Nov 08, 2011
pc guru:

i think what you should do is create a module in Joomla template page and style it to float left assuming the module will be called ChatCom so what u do is just assign the module to the ChatComm Position, joomlaman can give u deep insights on this am far from my system. @joomlaman how did the hotel stuff go sorry i couldn't respond on time my BIS went off(Still is off). cry
that should probably do it
Re: Editing Joomla Source Code by BigStar1(m): 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2011
Thanks so much. That's exactly how I did it. I worked for other pages except the home page.
Re: Editing Joomla Source Code by Seton(m): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Google Adsense Not Showing On My Website, What Could Be The Problem ? / How To Remove Localhost From My Site ? / How To Generate Massive Traffic From Forums Like Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.