Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 (20936 Views)

"Commando" - Wizkid X Mut4y X Ceeza Milli (Video) / Wizkid Ft Terri, Spotless, Ceeza Milli – "Soco" (video) / Wizkid Ft Ceeza Milli, Spotless & Terry – "Soco" (audio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by Chibuzoripob: 3:20pm On Jan 23
cool good nite Frank
Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by DivinegiftofGod: 3:20pm On Jan 23
Day169:
From ,'The rivers of Babylon' to ''Girl, you know it's true''.. R.I.P Sir! 🙏🏾

From the rivers keh? Abi by the Rivers of Babylon. It's a Bible passage.

2 Likes

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by Kobicove(m): 3:21pm On Jan 23
Rest In Peace to him!

The musical groups he founded helped make my childhood enjoyable

2 Likes

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by SavageResponse(m): 3:22pm On Jan 23
sad
Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by 9jaBloke: 3:24pm On Jan 23
Great bands

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by Goddyrichie(m): 3:26pm On Jan 23
Karlifate:
Watch as this thread will be scanty. cheesy

TikTok generation can't relate. cheesy
oya old papa 👴 let it go viral since you’re d oldest person on earth
Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by Amotolongbo(f): 3:26pm On Jan 23
The man that packaged those two frauds Milli Vanilli as singers that didn’t write or sing any song but won award 🤣

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by SaLongs1(m): 3:26pm On Jan 23
Cunny man die.....?
Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by kendrick9(m): 3:29pm On Jan 23
ReluctantAdult:
Milli vanilli grin
One of the world's greatest scammers grin
Read about them and yeah it's Crazy...
To think they had all them hits and sang none...

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:31pm On Jan 23
Hey oooh!

Baba don move!

😢
Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by Dougad: 3:32pm On Jan 23
Amotolongbo:
The man that packaged those two frauds Milli Vanilli as singers that didn’t write or sing any song but won award 🤣

The biggest fraud was the man himself. He signed the models under the guise of giving them a singing contract when he never actually wanted to do that. He already had the singers, thought they were unnattractive and paid the models fooling them that with time he would allow them do their thing.

But the one wey pain me pass na when I discover say no be the boney m front man dey sing. He also signed the dude under bogus contract as well

This guy is going to burn in hell and naptu2 dey praise am

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by PriceActionZ: 3:33pm On Jan 23
Wao, I never knew he was the voice behind. All I knew was that , someone was mimicking some of the songs . I thought it was pre recorded. RIP man. I heard he was a cunny person too.
"Daddy cool" and "ma baker" were some of my favourites.
Those are the real disco dance and music. Fela might have got inspiration from them. grin

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by SkengRay: 3:34pm On Jan 23
I only know one track which is Rasputin

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by ReluctantAdult(m): 3:35pm On Jan 23
kendrick9:
Swears man.
Grammy level lip-syncing grin

2 Likes

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by chudez0147(m): 3:38pm On Jan 23
Eya! MY dads favorite.
May his soul rest well
Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by muller101(m): 3:38pm On Jan 23
Rasputin and daddy cool my best songs from them.

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by AoifeNightfall: 3:41pm On Jan 23
RIP Frank. Thank you for the beautiful music! kiss
Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by naptu2: 3:43pm On Jan 23
naptu2:
I'm doing a Boney M sweep to calm myself down, I'm just not posting the videos here.

I did a Boney M vs Jacksons series some years ago, but I didn't finish it because the songs were just too many. If I do a Boney M sweep it'll overload this place. Nothing can contain it.

"Painter man, painter man, who wanna be a painter man"?

"E suke, pengele, e suke, pengele"

"Plantation boys!"

"Never change lovers in the middle of the night"

"Night flight to Venus"

"Let the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts, be acceptable in thy sight"

"Ra Ra Rasputin, lover of the Russian queen"

"In a gada davida baby, you know that our love is true"

"Jambo, Jambo Bwana"

Yuck! I said that I would never post that last one. Bobby wasn't in it.

naptu2:
They were playing Rasputin at the mall just now and it reminded me of something that someone said. It annoyed me very much.

She said, "Boney M? Aren't they just for Christmas songs?"

I can't tell you how much that annoyed me.

It seems like they are having a disco Friday at the mall, because they played another disco song after Rasputin.

naptu2:
Whoever wrote this soundtrack simply reconstructed Boney M's Rasputin.

naptu2:
Ra ra Rasputin,
Lover of the russian queen

smiley

Boney M - Rasputin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkG1J5SZ_kw?si=9gNGj8UwM8pyNHwu

2 Likes

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by olisaEze(m): 3:48pm On Jan 23
Someone said Boney M were a Christmas Carol singing group ....all these indomie generation sef, kikikiki! grin

As gifted as Frank Farian was, his real talent was scamming, and he scammed the world at least twice! First with Bobby of Boney M, then with Milli Vanilli. Non of those groups wrote or recorded their own songs. They were all performers miming on stage while the unsuspecting audiences danced to Frank's voice! grin

2 Likes

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by ednut1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
Are you saying the face we know was just lip synching? Miming?
yes . One of his artists was later exposed hahahha. Na there kasala burst

2 Likes

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:00pm On Jan 23
naptu2:

Exactly.

That's why they sacked him at a point in the 1980s, because he complained that he wanted to actually sing rather than mime.
Same reason also viniali dude lost the Grammy award

They fooled the whole world

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by Whatisurproblem(m): 4:06pm On Jan 23
GOFRONT:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oh no!!! Death why??..........This man here is too useful and beneficial to die this very early........over here, we have one very Useless, Good for nothing Old vegetable druggie occupying the top of a famous Rock in my country.

God why not do me a favor by taking the latter away and bringback the former.
what if next useless Boko Haram that will take over from him? The prayer should cover both.
Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by sterlingD(m): 4:17pm On Jan 23
Amotolongbo:
kendrick9:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by descarado: 4:19pm On Jan 23
This fraud of a man.
Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by naptu2: 4:19pm On Jan 23
naptu2:
Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number (1988).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhyzGDPwmYU

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by joseph1832(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23
naptu2:
Frank Farian was actually the male voice of Boney M, but he thought that he didn't look good enough to be on stage/in front of the camera, so he hired Bobby Farrel (picture below) to be the face of Boney M. Bobby was a dancer.
OMG! The deception.

He did the same with Milli Vanilli, no? I remember back then was it all broke out that the dynamic duo of Milli Vanilli can't actually sinh, all they do is mime...

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by sukkot: 4:23pm On Jan 23
Ahhh selfish man. Finally met his Waterloo. I was watching fab morvan on the net and he said he and rob didn’t want to lip sync again and decided they were going to form their own group and breakaway from frank , but frank was so selfish and didn’t want them to blow without him so he went on national tv and announced that rob and fab were fakes and didn’t sing the songs. He would rather destroy what he built than have them go blow up without him . Selfish guy

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by joseph1832(m): 4:25pm On Jan 23
naptu2:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68065904?

what this man did back then is actually fraudulent! Men he deceived so many, including me, with Boney M.

Actually thought Bob Farrell and the women were the ones who sung those songs back then. Chai!!!.

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by naptu2: 4:27pm On Jan 23
naptu2:
@whitemosquito

Arguments. Their producer, Frank Farian, sang most of the male parts on the albums. I listened to a BBC programme in which Marcia Barrett said that Bobby Farrel (the male member of the group) wanted more singing time. This led to an argument and Frank Farian fired Bobby Farrel (remember that another guy sang the male parts on their "Jambo" track).

They later patched things up, but they had lost their audience by then.

2 Likes

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by jaszplus12(m): 4:32pm On Jan 23
naptu2:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68065904?

Wow!! One hell of a creative human!! May his soul rest in musical eternity!!

1 Like

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by naptu2: 4:33pm On Jan 23
Aha! Here it is!

I had decided that I would never post this track, but I'll post it today.

There were disputes between Bobby Farrel and Frank Farian. Frank gradually allowed Bobby to sing in some concerts, but Bobby also wanted to sing on the albums, so Frank sacked Bobby.

I remember how shocked I was when I saw this. Boney M released this song sometime in the mid-1980s and there was a different male singer. His name is Reggie Tsiboe. He is British-Ghanaian.

However, Bobby and Frank later patched things up and Bobby returned to the group in 1986.

You can see that there is a different person in the video but the voice is the same.

Boney M - Jambo Bwana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cJMKhryJrw?si=f7mCDxmvBHgdk4UJ

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Frank Farian, Founder Of Boney M And Milli Vanilli, Dies At 82 by jamesversion: 4:37pm On Jan 23
She's crazy like a fool, while I'm Daddy cool. Back in the days grin

I don old sha.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube / Download Mp3: Tiwa Savage - All Over Mp3 / 54 RADIO STATIONS Sited IN Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.