Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) (13982 Views)

10 Things Fashola Should Do To Solve Housing Problem / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / photo: Nigerian Voters Usin Stones And Bottles To Keep Space Ahead Of Votin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by buzor(m): 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2011
sometimes, i do wonder how we think in this forum. whether forward or backward.
how do u think a plastic filld sand can burn. the structure is fire resistance and even stronger than normal block. maintains a const. temp. of 18'C. infact this has being in existence for over 10Yrs now. thinkB4Talk
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Francis5: 6:01pm On Nov 07, 2011
Pure copy-catting
This has been done in Mexico and several South American countries in the past. It was even carried on CNN 1-3 years ago.
Anyways, at least they are copying something positive for once.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Swagahyk(m): 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2011
Nice concept, very creative and artistic, kudos!
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2011
@POST

Madness in creativity if the alleged thread is remotely true. Not only the house built of plastic bottles a fire hazard, the houses built of glass bottles are explosion hazard as bottles are not good resistant to either tension and compression forces. Northern region with its issue of madness knows no boundary.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 07, 2011
Dede1:

@POST
Madness in creativity if the alleged thread is remotely true. Not only the house built of plastic bottles a fire hazard, the houses built of glass bottles are explosion hazard as bottles are not good resistant to either tension and compression forces. Northern region with its issue of madness knows no boundary.

Poser:
When you can spare some time, feel free to fill up a plastic bottle with sand, encase it in concrete, and then try to set fire to it.
You results should help clear up any misconceptions held by those who are either for or against what you regard as a 'fire hazard'. wink
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by yommysomguy(m): 7:52pm On Nov 07, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Poser:
When you can spare some time, feel free to fill up a plastic bottle with sand, encase it in concrete, and then try to set fire to it.
You results should help clear up any misconceptions held by those who are either for or against what you regard as a 'fire hazard'. wink
dont mind him jor. These ppl have don somtin good for themselves. Let em enjoy it
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 8:32pm On Nov 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

Plastic is plastic my friend!
It's highly flammable! Moreover, why waste energy sand filling the bottles when you can easily create a mould that will make bricks of the same shape?
The project doesn't make sense.

1. did you read the topic at all
2. would you cook in the house
3. Brick is made for clay which uses more energy to fillter off impurities and also uses alot of water before drying in a Hot surface.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2011
alj_harem:

1. did you read the topic at all
2. would you cook in the house
3. Brick is made for clay which uses more energy to fillter off impurities and also uses alot of water before drying in a Hot surface.

Where do you cook? On the street?
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Where do you cook? On the street?

where do people living in "face me I face you" cook ? Is it in the house

Is it not just outside the front door or the backyard.

Have you been to "face me I face you" houses before ?
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2011
alj_harem:

where do people living in "face me I face you" cook ? Is it in the house

Is it not just outside the front door or the backyard.

Have you been to "face me I face you" houses before ?

Yea, [size=18pt]that's one of the many reasons why Nigeria stinks[/size]. Couldnt breath when I landed in Lagos, nasty stench everywhere. Proper Greenhouse, 4 real.

They should outlaw cooking outside, it's very unhealthy.

BTW, you saying some FMFU dont cook in their home? I wouldnt know, anyone wanna confirm this?
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Yea, [size=18pt]that's one of the many reasons why Nigeria stinks[/size]. Couldnt breath when I landed in Lagos, nasty stench everywhere. Proper Greenhouse, 4 real.

They should outlaw cooking outside, it's very unhealthy.

BTW, you saying some FMFU dont cook in their home? I wouldnt know, anyone wanna confirm this?

LOL Ileke Idi, you are funny o

so because a few people are cooking outside, it means the WHOLE country smells .

It is even greener to cook outside than inside. let me explain

In side the house, the kitchen is not well oxygenated and as such would not have complete combustion aka burn duing cooking

while outside there would be more chance of a complete combustion. I am such you have seen those standing fire-gas cylinders

CO2 is better than CO
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL Ileke Idi, you are funny o

so because a few people are cooking outside, it means the WHOLE country smells .

It is even greener to cook outside than inside. let me explain

In side the house, the kitchen is not well oxygenated and as such would not have complete combustion aka burn duing cooking

while outside there would be more chance of a complete combustion. I am such you have seen those standing fire-gas cylinders

CO2 is better than CO

Teacher dont teach us nonsense.

I guess I'm going to have be bring an oxygen mask with men next time I come to Nigeria, prolly after separation.

Anywayz, I'm hungry. Go "outside" and make me food jare.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Teacher dont teach us nonsense.

I guess I'm going to have be bring an oxygen mask with men next time I come to Nigeria, prolly after separation.

Anywayz, I'm hungry. Go "outside" and make me food jare.

grin grin grin grin grin grin. That is my ileke idi, alway on point cool
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 07, 2011
In the absence of meat,you can make do with pomo.Atleast this is better for the northerners than living in thatched huts.Bottle house indeed. . .mschewww
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by moshoodn(m): 11:31pm On Nov 07, 2011
Thank God i can still afford cement.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Decryptor(m): 12:20am On Nov 08, 2011
@Ileke-Idi, if it was in the western part of Nigeria that this innovation took place, would you be so critical about it like you are now? JUST A QUESTION O!!
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 08, 2011
Decryptor:

@Ileke-Idi, if it was in the western part of Nigeria that this innovation took place, would you be so critical about it like you are now? JUST A QUESTION O!!

If it was from the Western part, I'd be more critical with my criticisms because  how would a group of ppl who boast with so much education prowess think that this is a brilliant idea?

only in the North, let it stay there. it will benefit them more because their land is 80% sand anyways.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 1:06am On Nov 08, 2011
All those criticizing this initiative, the main reason for this is to reduce the much damage being done to the environment.

A question for you? Haven't you ever heard or saw the glass house

[img]http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/fnart/fa267/pj/glasshouse1.jpg[/img]

Is this the dumbest creativity then? Can't they cook inside? Will the glass blast??

Typically, you are just sharing your ignorance to the world. Wake up, Learn more, and accept defeat wherever you find it (though this is ain't a defeat, because we are still in Nigeria, as in the Arewa republic you were all mentioning).

Consider the environment before printing this post.  wink
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 1:09am On Nov 08, 2011
The picture below shows the initiative is an old attempt to clean the environment. What else can we do since we don't have the power to MELT this plastics and turn them into something else? Answer; Build homes! grin

Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 08, 2011
auwal87:

All those criticizing this initiative

Oi!! Dont be shy, post names.

Comparing a glass house to a water bottle house? Can't decide between which one is worse between the two abi?

auwal87:

The picture below shows the initiative is an old attempt to clean the environment. What else can we do since we don't have the power to MELT this plastics and turn them into something else? Answer; Build homes!  grin

Use common sense and ask yourself if the 21st cent homes  are built like the one in this picture. And why not.

Like I said, i support una sha, since it takes bomb time away from una.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 1:12am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Oi!! Dont be shy, post names.

Comparing a glass house to a water bottle house? Can't decide between which one is worse abi?

Use common sense and ask yourself if the 21st cent homes are built like the one in this picture. And why not.

Ok ok ok, see below and shut your mouth off!

Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 1:13am On Nov 08, 2011
Bottle house

Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 08, 2011
auwal87:

Ok ok ok, see below and shut your mouth off!

Post the link of that death trap.

Post the structure and the all the components used in its structure, then compare it to what is used in this crap called the plastic bottle house.

Brilliant idea my plum azz.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 08, 2011
[img]http://greennigeria.files./2011/08/01b.jpg?w=490&h=369[/img]

Lawd have mercy.

grin

This will begin and end in the North sha. Arewa n sindodo.

E now remain for una to spread mat and face mecca.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 1:18am On Nov 08, 2011
Link?? here http://www.homedit.com/awesome-bottle-house/

Shut your mouth off after seeing.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 1:20am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Lawd have mercy.

grin

This will begin and end in the North sha. Arewa n sindodo.

Ileke Idi that house is not completed, stop hate  angry angry

which one have the west done ? I am waiting

Houses are falling every time in Lagos because of cheap contractors, well this has more strenght that those houses, Block fo Block because strength is flexibility ask any structural engineer . Any structural engineer would tell you that. angry
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 1:21am On Nov 08, 2011

Commot jare!!!
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 08, 2011
auwal87:

Link?? here http://www.homedit.com/awesome-bottle-house/

Shut your mouth off after seeing.

Where's that? in Pakistan? grin

So you this is all just a copy cat of what others are doing? Not everything going on on another side of the continent makes sense nor is it compatible for every environment.

Initiation my plum bottom. as long as it stays up North  kiss If una like, create una's rubberband home.

Name all the components being used in those homes and the ones in the north and compare them. . . .
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by nolongTing: 1:24am On Nov 08, 2011
Fascinating stuff, Northerners seem to be very pragmatic. I think that it would be great if the government could invest in the idea - it would be an effective way to reduce unemployment and encourage innovation in the North.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:24am On Nov 08, 2011
alj_harem:

Ileke Idi that house is not completed, stop hate  angry angry

[size=18pt]which one have the west done ?[/size] I am waiting

Houses are falling every time in Lagos because of cheap contractors, well this has more strenght that those houses, Block fo Block because strength is flexibility ask any structural engineer . Any structural engineer would tell you that. angry 

Nothing like this, I pray.

kiss
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 08, 2011
nolongTing:

Fascinating stuff, Northerners seem to be very pragmatic. I think that it would be great if the government could invest in the idea - it would be an effective way to reduce unemployment and encourage innovation in the North.

Fascinating ko.

As long as it stays in the north and gets those almajiris off the street. kiss
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 1:29am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Where's that? in Pakistan? grin

So you this is all just a copy cat of what others are doing? Not everything going on on another side of the continent makes sense nor is it compatible for every environment.

Initiation my plum bottom. as long as it stays up North  kiss If una like, create una's rubberband home.

Name all the components being used in those homes and the ones in the north and compare them. . . .

Yet again, exposing your ignorance! lol

Those people look like Pakistanis to you? Well, no wonder, you no fit my size here, go back to primary school first, then join secondary school, after that join university, finish, then come to nairaland, then we can listen to you. You do that first, then the first response you will give here is, You were the dumbest person in Nigeria! grin

I hate haters!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tambuwal Has Not Defected To APC- Aide / FIRS Seals Peter Obi's Company, Other Companies In Lagos, Kano / Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.