Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers (15784 Views)

Court Dismisses Suit Seeking To Stop Fubara From Re-Presenting 2024 Budget / Festus Keyamo Screened After Apology to lawmakers / ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Sctests: 7:57am On Jan 24
Fubara is a goner if he continues to implement that agreement.

1 Like

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by onatisi(m): 8:06am On Jan 24
fubara has been boxed into a corner. tinubu and wike did their planning very well, now it is either fubara decides to damm all consequences and fight on or he just quietly succumbs and becomes a lame dog to wike .

1 Like

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Judolisco(m): 8:11am On Jan 24
Brendaniel:

Oga, Fubara should stand his ground, it will reduce god fatherism and teach others not to impose leaders on the people, let the people be choosing their leaders.....
no, he cannot plant d fruit of godfatherism and claim he doesn't want to eat it.... Let's be truthful to ourselves.... Before d last election can fubara win as a senator, dat even 2 much... He won't win as a local government chairman in any elections in rivers... Godfatherism made him governor.... Agreement is agreement

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by APCNig: 8:15am On Jan 24
State of Emergency loading.

New Sole Administrator will be Retired Major General Jamal Adamu or Retired Major General Oluwaseyi Ogunbadejo.

Everybody eyes go clear
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Brendaniel: 8:21am On Jan 24
Judolisco:
no, he cannot plant d fruit of godfatherism and claim he doesn't want to eat it.... Let's be truthful to ourselves.... Before d last election can fubara win as a senator, dat even 2 much... He won't win as a local government chairman in any elections in rivers... Godfatherism made him governor.... Agreement is agreement

Oga , I don't care if he could win or not, let them stop picking leaders for the people, if Fubara is able to have his way now, it will teach others a lesson to stop doing it, it is a win for the people, I am not saying Fubara is a good person.

But why should I be happy that someone is pickinf the person to govern me in a supposed democratic era?

Let Fubara fvck Wike up, god fathersim should die, it has kept the country back, so I should be happy that a god father is milking my state after picking a leader I did not choose?

It will also teach Fubara himself that when he finishes he will allow the people pick their leader, it is a step in the right direction.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:01am On Jan 24
Judolisco:
godfatherism aka looting of state funds

Since you say agreement is agreement

What about the agreement he signed on May 29 in the full glare of the world to bear true allegiance to tthe constitution and the people of Rivers state? Abi agreement is agreement nor reach that side?

Supporters of looters and nonsense

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:04am On Jan 24
APCNig:
State of Emergency loading.

New Sole Administrator will be Retired Major General Jamal Adamu or Retired Major General Oluwaseyi Ogunbadejo.

Everybody eyes go clear
I always find it hypocritical that APC rats will be calling for removal of a governor via state of emergency

All the things you derided OBJ for is what you support your god for

The other day it was reported that your god asked a Deputy gov to write an undated resignation letter and submit to him. All of you hailed him. Yet that is same thing OBJ and the Uba brothers used for Ngige for which you derided OBJ till today

You lots don't deserve to be citizens of a country. You're better off as animals kept in a zoo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by gigabyte13: 9:09am On Jan 24
So civil society is now more powerful and lawful than the court.
Make Dem no sha encourage Funbara into destruction.
Na so Dem go give am liver, disappear when the heat plenty.

1 Like

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by jattopeter(m): 9:13am On Jan 24
But i doubt.
cbrezy:
So lately I've been noticing this guy "Siminalayi Fubara (Governor of Rivers State)" lately on the news headlines, I just hope he's not trying to do pass his predecessor "Nyesom Wike (Minister of the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria)" but anyway I hope and believe it's for the betterment of Rivers State. angry
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by commoditiesnig: 9:16am On Jan 24
I tell you.. Shame indeed
PapaFejiro:
These are the CSOs and Elders that are causing trouble in the State.
They want to assume themselves positions they don't have.

That 1st presentation of the budget to only 4 members was an aberration.
They didn't even look at the budget before they approved it.

What a shame for the so called Elders and CSOs to support such an anomaly.
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Shantyken(m): 9:36am On Jan 24
Brendaniel:

Oga , I don't care if he could win or not, let them stop picking leaders for the people, if Fubara is able to have his way now, it will teach others a lesson to stop doing it, it is a win for the people, I am not saying Fubara is a good person.

But why should I be happy that someone is pickinf the person to govern me in a supposed democratic era?

Let Fubara fvck Wike up, god fathersim should die, it has kept the country back, so I should be happy that a god father is milking my state after picking a leader I did not choose?

It will also teach Fubara himself that when he finishes he will allow the people pick their leader, it is a step in the right direction.....

Why did he accept Godfathers to sponsor him in last election
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Indispensable85(m): 9:37am On Jan 24
Fubara already recognised Martins as Rivers State assembly speaker. Isn't that why he sent the names of the commissioners to him for screening? I don't know what these clowns are saying. Besides is there any other house in Rivers State today? Edison has since resigned.
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Dchampion65: 9:38am On Jan 24
You are yet to find your feet and establish yourself into heart of the people and gain their confidence before picking fight. The wind of politics will blow you away.

In their desperation, they entire into an unholy alliance to get to the top only to rescind their parts of the agreement.

The four years will be turbulent for this young man.
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Shantyken(m): 9:39am On Jan 24
Agboriotejoye:

godfatherism aka looting of state funds

Since you say agreement is agreement

What about the agreement he signed on May 29 in the full glare of the world to bear true allegiance to tthe constitution and the people of Rivers state? Abi agreement is agreement nor reach that side?

Supporters of looters and nonsense

Bro But wen u dey sch u ask ur friend something for exam hall eve wen the rules is against that
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Ferrous(m): 9:53am On Jan 24
Brendaniel:

Oga, Fubara should stand his ground, it will reduce god fatherism and teach others not to impose leaders on the people, let the people be choosing their leaders.....

He should fight against the Godfatherism that brought him to power? Why didn't he reject it and come on his own?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by maasoap(m): 10:03am On Jan 24
Agboriotejoye:
If is even shameful that politicians will feel they can pick and choose when to obey the law and citizens will be supporting them based on party affiliation.
If those lawmakers can still keep their seats despite the clear provisions of the constitution, then nothing stops the 16 plateau lawmakers from keeping their seats as well!
One. What makes both cases the same?
And two. Do you honestly believe that 5 lawmakers formed quorum to pass a budget? You and those CSO's are joke

1 Like

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by maasoap(m): 10:05am On Jan 24
Brendaniel:

Without Godfather, he wouldn't get one vote during the primary election. He was the lowest of the low

1 Like

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by fxexperts: 10:26am On Jan 24
Agboriotejoye:
If is even shameful that politicians will feel they can pick and choose when to obey the law and citizens will be supporting them based on party affiliation.
If those lawmakers can still keep their seats despite the clear provisions of the constitution, then nothing stops the 16 plateau lawmakers from keeping their seats as well!
You are also a part of the people you are condemning above. Why won't they keep their seat? you guys are a huge joke. if you don't want them to keep their seat, why don't you sue them to court and demand the court to order them to vacate their seat. The PDP has the right to fight them in court to demand that they lose their seat, not for your uneducated fellow to seat illegally as speaker of the house to declare their seat vacant. The constitution gave a condition under which law makers can defect and still retain their seat or didn't you also read that part of the constitution. you are a cheap joker.

israelmao:
They have to include Wike and Tinubu in the about-to-be represented budget, it must be well padded to suit the two masters in Abuja.
You guys are just emotional wreck. you lots want illegality so long as it suits your interest and mindset, bunch of jokers.

PapaFejiro:
These are the CSOs and Elders that are causing trouble in the State.
They want to assume themselves positions they don't have.

That 1st presentation of the budget to only 4 members was an aberration.
They didn't even look at the budget before they approved it.

What a shame for the so called Elders and CSOs to support such an anomaly.
You are very correct.
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by fortunez1(m): 10:48am On Jan 24
azadus18:
Fire in the mountain
every group wan collect there own from the betrayal before e eye go clear finish. Not every one really cares for you during hard times ,some will be looking for what to steal or eat even where others are crying and and sympathizing with you.
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Ubongikouwem: 10:53am On Jan 24
Brendaniel:

How will he Bleep wike up? U guys don't even know what's breeding on ground till then.

This so called CSOs are his top enemies
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by BondRiv: 11:22am On Jan 24
lexy2014:

Regarding the budget, what's the right thing to do?

It should be presented to the properly constituted house for scrutiny and passage.
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:23am On Jan 24
fxexperts:
You are also a part of the people you are condemning above. Why won't they keep their seat? you guys are a huge joke. if you don't want them to keep their seat, why don't you sue them to court and demand the court to order them to vacate their seat. The PDP has the right to fight them in court to demand that they lose their seat, not for your uneducated fellow to seat illegally as speaker of the house to declare their seat vacant. The constitution gave a condition under which law makers can defect and still retain their seat or didn't you also read that part of the constitution. you are a cheap joker.

You guys are just emotional wreck. you lots want illegality so long as it suits your interest and mindset, bunch of jokers.

You are very correct.

The constitution does not say they should be sued to court before they lose their seats. The constitution says they lose their seats on defecting. You people like to turn the constitution to a lame duck when you have political interests. There is no court pronouncement on May 29th being the handing over day for Nigerian presidency but I am sure a lot of you will shout blue murder if any president attempts to stay beyond May 29th and asks you to go to court
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:30am On Jan 24
maasoap:

One. What makes both cases the same?
And two. Do you honestly believe that 5 lawmakers formed quorum to pass a budget? You and those CSO's are joke
Both cases are the same because they border on the seats of state legislatures and their occupants.
5 lawmakers can form a quorum if the remaining seats are vacant. Are you saying if God forbid an assembly of 23 loses 18 to a plane crash, the remaining 5 cannot sit until a bye-election holds?

1 Like

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by fxexperts: 11:32am On Jan 24
Agboriotejoye:

The constitution does not say they should be sued to court before they lose their seats. The constitution says they lose their seats on defecting. You people like to turn the constitution to a lame duck when you have political interests. There is no court pronouncement on May 29th being the handing over day for Nigerian presidency but I am sure a lot of you will shout blue murder if any president attempts to stay beyond May 29th and asks you to go to court
I do not know how you lots expect this country to work when you all want to disregard the constitution. The constitution gave a condition for defecting and the law makers said they defected because there is trouble in their parent party PDP. so that one does not resonate in your head as well. for the PDP does not have any court case currently against those defecting senators, that means there are really troubles in the PDP. because they are not united they cannot fight this case in court.
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by blueAgent(m): 11:41am On Jan 24
Judolisco:

ppl like you is the reason,Nigeria is a shithole.
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:53am On Jan 24
fxexperts:
I do not know how you lots expect this country to work when you all want to disregard the constitution. The constitution gave a condition for defecting and the law makers said they defected because there is trouble in their parent party PDP. so that one does not resonate in your head as well. for the PDP does not have any court case currently against those defecting senators, that means there are really troubles in the PDP. because they are not united they cannot fight this case in court.

PDP has actually instituted a case against the defectors. The condition in the constitution is clear. Stop supporting illegality because it is coming from your favourite politician. There is no division in PDP. What is in PDP is a disagreement over the post of national secretary and it is before a competent court. That has not split the party into two or stopped the proper working of the party.
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Judolisco(m): 11:54am On Jan 24
blueAgent:

ppl like you is the reason,Nigeria is a shithole.
what about people like fubara dat benefitted from d fruit of godfatherism?

1 Like

Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by lexy2014: 11:54am On Jan 24
BondRiv:

It should be presented to the properly constituted house for scrutiny and passage.

When you say "properly constituted house", who and who makes it up?
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by BondRiv: 11:58am On Jan 24
lexy2014:

When you say "properly constituted house", who and who makes it up?

Don't ask me stupid questions. Read your constitution. The speaker of the house has requested for the budget. The members of the house, presided over by him, properly constitute the house and form a quorum.
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:03pm On Jan 24
Shantyken:

Bro But wen u dey sch u ask ur friend something for exam hall eve wen the rules is against that

And your point is....
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Savedday2: 12:54pm On Jan 24
Truly, truly, I am say the governor is just a mumu man.

My father use to say " Any wey want blood, if u give am oil, e no go gree take".

Wike is a violent man, and you most speak to him in a language he understands
Re: Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers by Olaideolayemi(m): 1:24pm On Jan 24
All these political group and some civil organization are the causes of major political and economic problems in this country.. Political leader especially the good ones must pray, think and applied wisdom from God to make good decisions in all the time in administration..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’ve Seized N45 Billion Looted Funds, Identified Terrorist Financiers - FG / Western Govts ‘knew Where Chibok Schoolgirls Were’ / Northern Elders Declare “full Support” For Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.