Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem (582 Views)

Where Can I Fix My Corolla 2009 Gearbox In Abuja? / Is It Gear Box Problem Or Not / Sienna Gear Box Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by MrDevice: 8:14am On Jan 24
My 2009 corolla gearbox giving me issues. It will free itself and pick again.

Who's the reliable auto person in Abuja that can fix that? Or I should go for direct tok one instead?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by kingreign(m): 8:24am On Jan 24
MrDevice:

Who's the reliable auto person in Abuja that can fix that? Or I should go for direct tok one instead?

Send whatsapp, diagnosis first, this will give an informed view so you don't blindly go replace a part which may be fixed.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by Franklyspeakin: 8:27am On Jan 24
I replaced my Corolla 2010 gear box with 380k gear box 320k oil 32k. Labour and others took the remaining
Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by Dantedasz(m): 9:03am On Jan 24
MrDevice:

Do not rush to assume that replacement of the gear will solve this problem.
If the problem is related to your vehicle ECU/ECM then replacement of the gear system may not solve the problem.
Sometimes loose wiring or wrongly connected wires can cause gear problems.
I sincerely advise you to consult an expert who can scan your gear system to detect where the fault is actually coming from.

Be very careful about the type of expert you consult on gear related issues so that you don't pour water into a basket.
Do your proper research on gear issues in your type of vehicle before even talking to anyone.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by correctyourself(m): 9:29am On Jan 24
MrDevice:

Look for gearbox rewire to reconnect those gearbox sensors that's where the problem is coming from.

Please note: there are people who specialize in gearbox rewiring, not just all vehicle rewire oooooo.

Better still, you can meet with those mechanic that specialize in fixing gearbox once the are done fixing they have gearbox rewire they normally use when the movement of the vehicle is not sharp, they can recommend one for you.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by kingreign(m): 10:16am On Jan 24
Franklyspeakin:
I replaced my Corolla 2010 gear box with 380k gear box 320k oil 32k. Labour and others took the remaining

You bought a fake oil. If it's up to 9L
Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by Franklyspeakin: 12:44pm On Jan 24
Whats the difference between original and fake gear oil??
kingreign:

You bought a fake oil. If it's up to 9L
Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by kingreign(m): 1:32pm On Jan 24
Franklyspeakin:
Whats the difference between original and fake gear oil??
First questions first, what's the name of the transmission fluid you used for the car?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by Franklyspeakin: 7:44pm On Jan 24
Toyota. So wait you didnt know the name and you branded it fake sharp sharp.
kingreign:

First questions first, what's the name of the transmission fluid you used for the car?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by Franklyspeakin: 7:50pm On Jan 24
kingreign:

Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by kingreign(m): 9:10pm On Jan 24
[quote author=Franklyspeakin post=128108609][/quote]
These are two different fluids.
Which of these did you use?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by kingreign(m): 9:11pm On Jan 24
Franklyspeakin:
Toyota. So wait you didnt know the name and you branded it fake sharp sharp.
Yes, I branded them fake because if you use 7-9qrts they ought to cost more at the retail price given current exchange rates.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by melviniyke2002(m): 9:29pm On Jan 24
kingreign:

Yes, I branded them fake because if you use 7-9qrts they ought to cost more at the retail price given current exchange rates.
u no wot dis dude to sleep well tonight,d pixs above are Internet pixs....Getting original gear box fluid in 4 liters version is a huge task in Nigeria.....
Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by kingreign(m): 9:36pm On Jan 24
melviniyke2002:
u no wot dis dude to sleep well tonight,d pixs above are Internet pixs....Getting original gear box fluid in 4 liters version is a huge task in Nigeria.....

Na there the wahala start from. Even that WS is the fake type.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2009 Gearbox Box Problem by frangaddy: 6:31pm On Feb 09
How do I get the original Toyota Ws or pls recommend another good gearbox oil pls

(1) (Reply)

Car Buyers - Car Properties To Look Out For / Advice Needed Please / Thinking To Buy A Luxury Car Insurance? A Look At The Must Have Add-ons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.