Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

IBEDC: Electricity Billing Issues - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / IBEDC: Electricity Billing Issues (67 Views)

Why We Have Inaccurate Electricity Billing — NERC / How Do I Get Prepaid Meter From Ibedc / The Pain Of IBEDC On Ogun Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IBEDC: Electricity Billing Issues by Idaytesj29(m): 9:23am On Jan 24
Good morning good people, I will make it a quick read. It happens that I have a property in the suburb and IBEDC has been on the neck of the community leaders to force members to pay bills. The major problem is many houses are not on postpaid bills and IBEDC guy just come to collect 4k 5k from them and it's sorted, corruption if you ask me. grin

Now, huge debt on the transformer and the IBEDC head office is kicking the area office to get the money. A move has began to bring all unbilled properties under the IBEDC postpaid bills.

[/b]Now, they said each house will pay 15,000 naira to be on a bill but because of community involvement, they will subsidize it and each building can pay 5,000 naira to be on a bill.[b]

[/b]I checked all NERC documents, I didn't see it anywhere that the customer has to pay 15k to be on electricity bills. Please, is this fee legal?[b]

I am on a prepaid meter already, but I see this as extortion and I am not comfortable with it, that's why I am asking from experience people Incase my thought is wrong.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Have Properties (,land) For Sale In Abuja FCT / Itunu City Estate Land With Cofo For Sale In Lekki Lagos Opp Lekki Int'l Airport / Spacious And Clean Roomself In Good Area Of Bariga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.