Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? (3329 Views)

Germany: Four Nigerian Siblings Deported Despite Being Integrated Into Society / Tony Oneweek: "Why Didn't Police Investigate E-Money's Poverty?" / Reno Omokri: Why Didn't Aisha And Her Children Celebrate Buhari’s 76th Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by gartamanta: 1:40pm On Jan 24
Lagos is the economic engine room of Nigeria, and the most developed. It is the smallest but also the most populous state. The only state that has land border with Lagos State is Ogun State

Despite the wealth and potential of Lagos, its closest neighbour, Ogun State, never managed to tap into that wealth.

The capital of Ogun State, Abeokuta, is a glorified village. The only other places worth mentioning, Sango-Ota and Sagamu, are nothing to write home about.

Why is it that Ogun State never developed to the level of Lagos, despite being closest to Lagos?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by PrinceOfLagos: 1:47pm On Jan 24
Ogun state isn't safe for investment

22 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Nbote(m): 1:53pm On Jan 24
Because most state Governors are dumb and can't think beyond integrate ongoing developments from states they share proximity into theirs

18 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by DMerciful(m): 2:18pm On Jan 24
Lagos was developed by the colonialists, and later Nigerian govt by virtue of being capital. Ogun state has never been a capital. This tells you Lagos was developed mostly by all Nigerians and not Yo..........
gartamanta:
Lagos is the economic engine room of Nigeria, and the most developed. It is the smallest but also the most populous state. The only state that has land border with Lagos State is Ogun State

Despite the wealth and potential of Lagos, its closest neighbour, Ogun State, never managed to tap into that wealth.

The capital of Ogun State, Abeokuta, is a glorified village. The only other places worth mentioning, Sango-Ota and Sagamu, are nothing to write home about.

Why is it that Ogun State never developed to the level of Lagos, despite being closest to Lagos?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by christejames(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24
Because the governors of the State have all been shortsighted undecided, they never had that zeal and passion for development but just want to lead a state...

Won't blame them much, because they were enabled by some 'clueless' electorates cum our faulty electoral process!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Olachase(m): 3:23pm On Jan 24
DMerciful:
This tells you Lagos was developed mostly by all Nigerians and not Yorubas
since you said lagos was developed by Nigerians and not Yorubas those that means Yorubas were not part of Nigeria?

can you mention the Nigerians, i am here to learn

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by DMerciful(m): 3:27pm On Jan 24
You changed what I wrote so I cannot respond to you
Olachase:
since you said lagos was developed by Nigerians and not Yorubas those that means Yorubas were not part of Nigeria?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Olachase(m): 3:30pm On Jan 24
DMerciful:
You changed what I wrote so I cannot respond to you
how did you mean i changed what you wrote oga if you dont have anything to say you, dont step on a Tribes like that

i see you are dump so make the conversation end there. undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Akiara: 3:30pm On Jan 24
Ibrahim Babangida gave you third mainland bridge..and built alot of federal roads..he is not Yoruba

Abacha upgraded Apapa Sea port and other infrastructure. He is not Yoruba.

The Military establishment, dominated by Non Yoruba built Lagos. The only Yoruba man worthy of mention is Lateef Jakande, whose legacies exist till today

So do your research, instead of believing Tinubu Propaganda that claims he built LAGOS.

What did Tinubu build in LAGOS?

Olachase:

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by DMerciful(m): 3:35pm On Jan 24
Quote me verbatim them I'd respond
Olachase:
how did you mean i changed what you wrote oga if you dont have anything to say you, dont step on a Tribes like that

i see you are dump so make the conversation end there. undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Babalegba(m): 3:35pm On Jan 24
Ogun state has no functioning governor

12 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Workch: 3:36pm On Jan 24
gartamanta:

I don't know what you are saying but Abeokuta is more developed tha Sango and Sagamu.

However, Ogun state has a leadership challenge. They have not been lucky with governors to maximize their potentials. Although Amosun tried small

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Olachase(m): 3:42pm On Jan 24
Akiara:
Ibrahim Babangida gave you third mainland bridge..and built alot of federal roads..he is not Yoruba

The Military establishment, dominated by Non Yoruba built Lagos. The only Yoruba man worthy of mention is Lateef Jakande, whose legacies exist till today

So do your research, instead of believing Tinubu Propaganda that claims he built LAGOS.

before i reply this ur dumb write up which state are you from, if you cant mention to me ur state then remain silent

koni da fhun iyalayayin undecided undecided

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Akiara: 3:45pm On Jan 24
It's called 'dumb' not 'dump'

What has State got to do with our statement? You are just Worthless..

Olachase:
before i reply this ur dump write up which state are you from, if you cant mention to me ur state then remain silent

koni da fhun iyalayin undecided undecided

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Olachase(m): 3:46pm On Jan 24
DMerciful:
Quote me verbatim them I'd respond
o ma shunku ni undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by PureFace1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 24
gartamanta:

You are myopic if you call Abeokuta a glorified village, what are you looking for in Lagos that's not in Abeokuta ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSM0hkrywmA?si=em98HGSLIcTVPhf8

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by History555: 3:48pm On Jan 24
What surprises me about ogun is that agbara with all the factories, the road is so bad.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Olachase(m): 3:49pm On Jan 24
Akiara:

your brain should tell you that's a typo error

make the conversation end there

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by PrinceOfLagos: 4:00pm On Jan 24
Olachase:
before i reply this ur dump write up which state are you from, if you cant mention to me ur state then remain silent

koni da fhun iyalayayin undecided undecided

quote author=Akiara post=128104940]
Shut up your mouth if you have nothing sensible to say .

The guy you quoted has disgraced you but here you are trying to go tribal because your brain couldn't produce anything sensible to counter the obvious truths that he pointed out.

Lagos was built by all Nigerians and not by tinubu.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by PrinceOfLagos: 4:03pm On Jan 24
Akiara:

What has State got to do with our statement? You are just Worthless..

Sorry that I quoted you wrongly

9 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Rolings: 4:08pm On Jan 24
Akiara:

All the economic infrastructure in Lagos including Apapa and the industrial estates in isolo oshodi mushin were all properties of western Region bult by Awolowo that were Seized by FG when the regions were abolished.
Wester Region House in London was even. Taken over .

So Lagos is built by the Yorubas.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by abhosts(m): 4:14pm On Jan 24
That would be assuming that all parts of Lagos are prosperous. Areas like Makoko and Agegunle are worse off in comparison to some parts in Ogun.

Haiti is 1700km from the United States but still poorer than many countries in Africa.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Akiara: 4:18pm On Jan 24
Typo error you made in all the posts that you used 'dump' instead of 'dumb'?

Shame on you...you are extremely worthless.

Olachase:
your brain should tell you that's a typo error

make the conversation end there

11 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Akiara: 4:21pm On Jan 24
Awolowo built LAGOS?

Just imagine the dead brains that want to engage in discussions.

Sincerely it's either you are an adult that is a bloody foolish person. Or you are an illiterate KID that is being schooled in a free education setting.

Western region of Awolowo has no say in LAGOS. The Western Union Nonsense..started and finished in the SW except LAGOS.

Stop making your stupidity obvious. All these Tinubu Supporters sef..

Rolings:

All the economic infrastructure in Lagos including Apapa and the industrial estates in isolo oshodi mushin were all properties of western Region bult by Awolowo that were Seized by FG when the regions were abolished.
Wester Region House in London was even. Taken over .

So Lagos is built by the Yorubas.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by deeptechcool(m): 4:28pm On Jan 24
Akiara:
Awolowo built LAGOS?

Sincerely it's either you are an adult that is a bloody foolish person. Or you are an illiterate KID that is being schooled in a free education setting.

Western region of Awolowo has no say in LAGOS. The Western Union Nonsense..started and finished in the SW except LAGOS.

When in an argument, always get your facts right and present them intellectually. Can you tell the difference between Lagos and Lagos State?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by APCNig: 4:40pm On Jan 24
gartamanta:

Have you been to Ogun State before or are you just assuming while lying on your bed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Akiara: 4:44pm On Jan 24
Can you imagine this question? Are you in tune with current events on this thread?..

What is the difference between OYO and OYO STATE? when speaking of regional impact of a person or organization.
Did the ODUA nomenclature of Awolowo have or develop anything in LAGOS?

The greatest monument built by Awo are the

TV Station
Cocoa House building
Free Education
Foolish tribalism

Now tell how LAGOS was affected directly, when LAGOS was occupied and governed by Non Yoruba, as the capital of NIGERIA.

Educate me if I am wrong..or just shut up... Nonsense

deeptechcool:

When in an argument, always get your facts right and present them intellectually. Can you tell the difference between Lagos and Lagos State?

14 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by yoruboid: 4:46pm On Jan 24
The most industrialized state in Nigeria with the second highest IGR after Lagos isn’t developed?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by IVORY2009(m): 4:47pm On Jan 24
gartamanta:

To start with Lagos was a former federal capital territory, and most of the development you see today is as a result of the federal government, now the reason Ogun state is not taping from the development of Lagos state, despite been neighbors, is as a result of the government in power, since the days of Obasanjo as president of Nigeria in 1999 and the president is even from there, Ogun state, the past and present government have no initiative, but when it comes to embezzlement, they are champions.

6 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ogun State Develop Despite Being Closest To Lagos? by Iziquiel(m): 4:54pm On Jan 24
Akiara:
Awolowo built LAGOS?

See the way you are firing on all cylinder, insulting people. When they return the fire now you go start to call the mods.

Continue!

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Software Engineer Faults Inec’s N74bn Budget For Voter Registration / Nigeria @ 51: Any Reason To Celebrate? / Nigeria Ranks 40th In Quality Of Governance In Oil And Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.