Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ (32311 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Secretary Blinken In Lagos / Peter Obi Reacts To Anthony Blinken's Call To Tinubu / I Am In Disbelief Blinken Called Tinubu After A Fraudulent Election - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Fujiyama: 6:31pm On Jan 24
anonymous1759:
BAT is better than most of our governors in terms of vision though all of them have some fair share of kwaraption ,

but some people will never admit theirs. Like I always say this present Yoruba generation won’t acknowledge BAT but the next ones will Eulogies him when his legacies starts to pay off

But we can’t say much about our respective governors , instead of calling them out we will rather rubbish BATs legacies and say Lagos is a no man’s land . Let’s keep on giving our respective governors the impetus to do rubbish why we criticize only Lagos Governors who are still better in all ramifications.

^^^
Nonsense.

The clock is ticking.

In no time his tenure will be over and just like his predecessor, he'll be reduced to giving excuses for why he failed.

Time is running out. What he does with what's left of it is entirely up to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Kenochi(m): 6:31pm On Jan 24
There is a popular saying that if you want to hide anything from a Blackman,hide it in a book
For some of us who have at one time or the other used an American Corner,we are most grateful
I remember sometimes in 2014 and 2015,I was a regular visitor at the American Corner in Enugu state precisely around Edinburgh Road
That place contributed greatly to who I am today, no capping my people,you read books on practically every topic under the earth
The Environment was top notch,the staff were probably the most friendliest I have ever met

That place became my solace from everything around me,it was a place for me to be reborn literally
I can go on and on, but I must sincerely thank the American government,they understand that until you change the way a man thinks you are just probably wasting a generation
I will definately take time to visit the one in Lekki when I am chanced

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Princedapace(m): 6:31pm On Jan 24
anonymous1759:
BAT is better than most of our governors in terms of vision though all of them have some fair share of kwaraption ,

but some people will never admit theirs. Like I always say this present Yoruba generation won’t acknowledge BAT but the next ones will Eulogies him when his legacies starts to pay off

But we can’t say much about our respective governors , instead of calling them out we will rather rubbish BATs legacies and say Lagos is a no man’s land . Let’s keep on giving our respective governors the impetus to do rubbish why we criticize only Lagos Governors who are still better in all ramifications.

Oga, to fix all these, let Nigeria stop running unitary system of govt. For instance, u want to move national assets like CBN which is funded with all tax payers money to Lagos which would add up revenue generated by Lagos state. Then tomorrow, u want non Yorubas out of Lagos and u want them not to vote any candidate of their choice? Can u all sit down and talk senses to una heads?
The best thing is try as much as possible to decentralize Nigeria so that every region will be free from lagos, so that the general tax of Nigerians wont be going to lagos again rather the tax of yoruabs can be in lagos. This way, no body go follow u drag lagos. And as long as Nigeria runs a centralized system, people will always call BAT name or whoever is in power.
Even America that does not run a unitry system of govt, her citizens are constantly abusing their president even though their president has sense more than all Nigerian leaders.

4 Likes

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Anaskie(m): 6:31pm On Jan 24
anonymous1759:

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Seyitosino(m): 6:33pm On Jan 24
Why? This should be moved to Abuja to promote 'unity'. There will be consequences to this. In A_r_w_'s voice

2 Likes

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by cooljude(m): 6:33pm On Jan 24
joshjc:
The US is making moves to counter Russia influence in West Africa, and Nigeria will play a huge role, hopely this will bring a positive impact to us like it Did to South Korea

It won't bring anything good to us .... They will not bother to invest because they know they can easily get their wish with bride. Your leaders aren't patriots, they care about their personal enrichment.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Biola67: 6:35pm On Jan 24
Alexlalax1:
For urchins minds, this is one of ebola tilumbu making and feat
You go soon enter market as you Dey go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Rejouir: 6:36pm On Jan 24
MrProlific95:
Truth is we will never know what the REAL reason of Blinken visit to Africa is.
it's better, no matter what the agenda is. Most Africans behave like demons.

1 Like

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Noblemanonpoint: 6:37pm On Jan 24
CIA safe-house for spying and espionage activities in West Africa. Dey play. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Anunakeeh: 6:39pm On Jan 24
MrProlific95:

Hidden agenda as always.

They know the bms care less though.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by happney65: 6:39pm On Jan 24
Kobicove:
It will be seen as an American Corner but underneath it's probably a liaison office for American spies in the West African subregion grin

I wonder too. They claim it's a library sort of. The one at Ibadan is at Magazine road, Jericho.

I always wonder WTF do they do there. grin

5 Likes

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by spiSeyi: 6:40pm On Jan 24
Ugen:
Please the us should support us fight Bandits and others. The country needs their tech gadgets. Not just weapons
The USA is busy with the MS 13 terrorist group that are causing mayhem in the central America and the USA undecided
CNN & BBC have refused to report the dark side of the USA so that they can appear perfect to their black slaves.
Nigeria can defeat terrorism without the need of the USA but it is a political game & business for the northerners lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by jayAjoku(m): 6:40pm On Jan 24
why will they help you when they are benefiting from the Conflict? You think they’re your friend ? 🤣😂 naive Nigerians
Ugen:
Please the us should support us fight Bandits and others. The country needs their tech gadgets. Not just weapons

2 Likes

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by BondRiv: 6:40pm On Jan 24
MrProlific95:

What is certain is that he is here to promote and protect America's interest.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by OgaRico(m): 6:42pm On Jan 24
Do not be deceive o, slavery is still very much ongoing.

Is there anything like Lekki or Lagos corner in America?
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by omoadeleye(m): 6:42pm On Jan 24
Ugen:

So how should US solve their issues of gun violence?
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by aribisala0(m): 6:42pm On Jan 24
Anyone that thinks America will help Nigeria rise is incurably stupid.
Dangote refinery is the biggest thing probably that has ever happened in Nigeria. It. was messy but was done by a Nigerian. That is the only way we can rise We need the same in Garri production ,yam etc and to trade with our neighbours
Mobil,Shell,Chevron etc have made billions in our country but rather build refineries in Europe
No one is coming to develop Nigeria from anywhere
We need 10 more Dangotes across the economy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Dpharisee: 6:43pm On Jan 24
CIA Branch office

2 Likes

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by netmillionaires(m): 6:44pm On Jan 24
Most people up there don't even know what American corner is.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by autodoctor: 6:45pm On Jan 24
The Americanization of Lagos has begun.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Lumig: 6:47pm On Jan 24
grin
CIA secret corner
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by teebillz: 6:50pm On Jan 24
Kobicove:
It will be seen as an American Corner but underneath it's probably a liaison office for American spies in the West African subregion grin

Don't loud it. A hub for serious Intel gathering.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Zeebuy: 6:55pm On Jan 24
joshjc:
The US is making moves to counter Russia influence in West Africa, and Nigeria will play a huge role, hopely this will bring a positive impact to us like it Did to South Korea
hahahahahahaha....this one really thinks the West loves his shithole?

Funny guy
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Mubiola360: 6:59pm On Jan 24
Ugen:
be deceiving your self, let me tell you the bitter truth, the US would prefer to support the bandits rather than the country so to destabilize and call them for help . The deal is to get what they don't have and provide you with weapon. Both Bandit and military are Nigerians and they will be like "kill yourselves "
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by BarrElChapo(m): 7:02pm On Jan 24
Ugen:

Weapons wey Military go later go dash bandits ?
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by aribisala0(m): 7:05pm On Jan 24
Kenochi:
There is a popular saying that if you want to hide anything from a Blackman,hide it in a book
For some of us who have at one time or the other used an American Corner,we are most grateful
I remember sometimes in 2014 and 2015,I was a regular visitor at the American Corner in Enugu state precisely around Edinburgh Road
That place contributed greatly to who I am today, no capping my people,you read books on practically every topic under the earth
The Environment was top notch,the staff were probably the most friendliest I have ever met

That place became my solace from everything around me,it was a place for me to be reborn literally
I can go on and on, but I must sincerely thank the American government,they understand that until you change the way a man thinks you are just probably wasting a generation
I will definately take time to visit the one in Lekki when I am chanced

Popular sayings are the refuge of those who cannot think.
If you have anything sensible to say say it
As a Nigerian I am proud to say there is no group anywhere on earth better informed. None.
So your so called saying does not apply to us and reproducing it here can only be driven by your own inadequacy. It is unnecessary and adds no value to your following remarks.
It is a dumb thing to say. Stop
By the way it is
Sometime in 2014 NOT
Sometimes in 2014....
A very irritating and ubiquitous solecism

4 Likes

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Mubiola360: 7:05pm On Jan 24
SultanOfAbia:
An Eagle does not fly down unless he has seen meat.

Eagle no wan help us fight insecurity
If Eagle really like us him for help us dey wipe these terrorists wotowoto.

I sincerely hope the Eagle has not landed just for selfish reasons.

An Eagle doesn't fly down unless he has seen meat that will benefit him..

Nigeria get minerals uraniumm zinc
Chinese don dey romance our minerals for long but be like say Eagle wan follow chop too.
Oil dey your head. You know their modus operandi.
I won't even be surprise if they are indirectly behind all this insecurity going round so they can pose has helper to get what they want.
The refinery is a big problem for them . Accepting Naira instead of dollar is also not favorable to them.
Having a Lekki corner is dangerous , they will monitor the environment well and begin their evil operation. Don't be surlrise when you hear that the refinery is malfunctioning , not working or bomb blast within it vicinity . They never for once wish us well.

So I ask again
What brings the almighty eagle to the land flowing with uranium and insecurity

2 Likes

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by raskymonojendor: 7:11pm On Jan 24
lexy2014:

What is the vision that Tinubu has that no other human being has otr has ever had?

What are these Tinubu legacies?
Lamata and the Lekki free trade zone are some.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by THeUNIFIER: 7:12pm On Jan 24
anonymous1759:

Shun mediocrity my bro. Lagos would be a 100 times greater than it is presently if it were properly managed. You don't see it because you're eulogizing the very same man who's leeching on its resources
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by THeUNIFIER: 7:13pm On Jan 24
MrProlific95:

Remember the FBI has BAT's records and I fear our president may be a puppet.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by owolabi5: 7:13pm On Jan 24
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Herdsmen Flee South-East, Invade Benue Communities / Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 / 2023: Atiku Meets PDP Governorship Candidates (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.