Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Police Speak On Abuja Explosion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Speak On Abuja Explosion (28786 Views)

London police speak on Dokpes's Arrest, Say it’s Connected to A Rape Allegation / Gloria Okolie Is A Member Of IPOB/ESN, A Spy Girl - Police Speak On Arrest / IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by izubext007: 10:04pm On Jan 24
Who should we believe, police or the people
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by Tremple8v: 10:05pm On Jan 24
He be like say Gaza even make sense pass 9ja now
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by whatmoreng: 10:06pm On Jan 24
Larryndelaw:
It can . It depends on what's in it
Well they didn't tell us what is in it. Going by the report a metal refuse bin exploded because us heat and injured two persons.
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by jabolo(m): 10:11pm On Jan 24
Proffdada:
They don't explode. There has to be combustible substances to cause explosions. Get knowledge

Likely there are.

If you have mostly organic matter (food waste etc) in a bin that is unopened over a period of time, decomposition produces an accumulation of methane gas which can build up and explode when the metal bin subsequently gets heated in the sun.

Or, by a fire source such as burning cigarette carelessly introduced in or near the bin.

2 Likes

Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by iamtardey: 10:14pm On Jan 24
Malroux:
Nigeria is now like Gaza.
I don’t get again o undecided
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by iamtardey: 10:15pm On Jan 24
tongue
ogododo:
Testing de microphone.
I thought he said he retired now I mean TerryG undecided embarassed
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by Usmanovic95(m): 10:20pm On Jan 24
Elofokanbale πŸ’£
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by nurudeen181(m): 10:22pm On Jan 24
Malroux:
whether na joke or misinformation, whats happening in Gaza is unlikely to happen in Nigeria even after my childrens children generation
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by Inspirer1: 10:27pm On Jan 24
whatmoreng:
Can a metal bin explode cos of heat from sun? Nigerian Police need to explain this physics
I actually don't understand too, when it's not hollow, has gas enclosed and tightly fixed without any opening.
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by Malroux: 10:30pm On Jan 24
Proffdada:
Anywhere Wike goes there's chaos
I de tell you.
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by blackjack21(m): 10:34pm On Jan 24
Alliswell248:

Pls metal can explode.
Zinc... aluminum..bronze and more can explode.
Knowledge is important. Get knowledge

Mr. Knowledgeable, nobody is saying that metal cannot explode, but the circumstances of the ignition is what is unlikely. It was less than 40Β° in daytime and 27Β° in night-time in Abuja.

If that temperature can cause explosion without tempering even the truck with which the waste disposal agency use to collect trash would not be safe anywhere in the world since they are entirely made of metals.

Knowledge is not usually wisdom, try to be wise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by justmondris: 10:36pm On Jan 24
whatmoreng:
Can a metal bin explode cos of heat from sun? Nigerian Police need to explain this physics

How can a sun heat that cannot even melt a plastic bottle make a mental bin for to explode. What was the temperature of the Sun?
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by Inspirer1: 10:38pm On Jan 24
Just sad
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by loswhite(m): 10:38pm On Jan 24
Alliswell248:

Pls metal can explode.
infact they want to believe so badly that it is a bomb...lol. The problem of Nigerian is the citizens. They caught Chinaza one tribe say na to spoil their name...lol is that not madness?
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by kelvinovie25(m): 10:40pm On Jan 24
Overheated metal refuse bin, chemistry is laughing
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by StarRida: 10:48pm On Jan 24
Zeebuy:
Oh chim. 7 months of Tinubu and Nigeria is already worse than a war zone
okwana oooh Chim
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by Reza69(m): 10:48pm On Jan 24
whatmoreng:
At 1145hrs not even noon yet, when the sun still have some traces of vitamin D fa. Such poor report.
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by BondRiv: 10:59pm On Jan 24
Ha!
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by mignone(f): 11:18pm On Jan 24
Alliswell248:

Pls metal can explode.
... kinda square metal with one fully open side?
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by mignone(f): 11:20pm On Jan 24
Alliswell248:

Pls metal can explode.
Really?
Even ones with a wide fully open side?
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by blossom72(m): 11:21pm On Jan 24
It was actually an explosion, I saw it happen live just at a site opposite ours at maitama 2, the explosives were set up to blast a rocky site, it was so loud that it shook our site and others around it. Please no love was lost neither was it a terrorist attack
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by mignone(f): 11:22pm On Jan 24
Westerhoffe:

Ibadan, and now Abuja.
They should keep playing hide and seek.

What will make a refuse container overheat when it's not on a heating property?
... I wonder o, and not tightly closed
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by ufotunang: 11:25pm On Jan 24
Malroux:
...Gaza?.....I reject it πŸƒπŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒπŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒπŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒπŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒπŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒπŸΏβ€β™‚οΈ
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by splendournoni: 11:33pm On Jan 24
May God continue to protect us....

In Nigeria anytime you see government response like this, my people just know that what you are thinking is right...

Just imagine the English the police is saying... bomb simple and it will save them all these English
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by BABANGBALI: 11:40pm On Jan 24
Tinubu came really prepared for Nigeria.
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by Akaegwu(m): 11:49pm On Jan 24
adolfHitler1934:
Samuel Nwanosike, please check if this one is linked to Sim Card.
Wike should immediately call Nwanosike the police detective to know what, where, why and who is involved in this incident. This your private detective is more active than the conventional police.

Meanwhile, this is my first time in my whole life to hear that dust bin, be it metal or plastic do overheat to the extent of exploding to the magnitude of causing harm.
God save us from the lies from Nigeria Police and APC.
I'm happy Nwanosike is not Igbo man
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by onuman: 12:04am On Jan 25
iwaeda:

Same way they started with GEJ. grin grin grin grin grin

Obasanjo's administration, they adopted unconstitutional Islamic sharia criminal laws to spite Obasanjo.
Buhari at the same period - 2001 - announced before a huge crowd of Muslims in Kaduna that he would not stop until Islamic sharia criminal laws are applied in all the states of Nigeria. That's when he became a political idol among Muslims in the far north and started in 2003 to win millions and millions of votes of far north Muslims. Sotay, Tinubu had to woe Buhari to return in 2014, after Buhari had announced his retirement from election politics.
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by viodemus: 1:42am On Jan 25
The current sham forces need to become a fair, equal, properly trained, and paid on time forces. Is this too much to ask for?

How can one even trust anything now. Who is to say that over 60% to 70% of those in the current forces, are not behind all these atrocities. May God help us all.
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by Amudeneogu: 2:05am On Jan 25
Better tell the truth so that Nigerians will know how they will comduct themselves whie going to their nomal duty to avoid many casualities as it happed in 2014 in the same Abuja.
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by bamitinn(m): 3:19am On Jan 25
That’s what the north want us all in Nigeria to think and if you investigate it the northern politicians are behind it all, the way they did to GEJ, God help us and protect us from these criminals

Zeebuy:
Oh chim. 7 months of Tinubu and Nigeria is already worse than a war zone
Re: Police Speak On Abuja Explosion by Optional09: 3:55am On Jan 25
ogododo:
Testing de microphone.

kokoko

gbin gbin gbin

ke ke ke

Ok! ookk!!!

o!!

Okokobioko!

party started

e joo e ba wa joko sebeyen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Rivers Senators Plan To Pull Amaechi Down At Screening / APC Reacts To Parallel Congresses In Lagos, Oyo, Kwara, Others / Photos From Peter Obi Rally In Umuahia, Abia State On Saturday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.