Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi (1173 Views)

See How We Barbecue Rams In Birnin Kebbi Today Sallah Day / The 200 Naira Suya Meat I Bought today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / N150 Tomato With Pepper In Birnin Kebbi (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by ManirBK: 6:35pm On Jan 24
I just bought these potatoes at 500 Naira today in Birnin kebbi.

Cc mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala seun nlfpmod

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by saintjimos(m): 6:37pm On Jan 24
This can't be in Aba
Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by ManirBK: 6:38pm On Jan 24
saintjimos:
This can't be in Aba
how much in aba
Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by saintjimos(m): 6:45pm On Jan 24
Between 800 and 1000
ManirBK:
how much in aba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by longetivity(m): 7:27pm On Jan 24
Too expensive, I'll get for #300 or less in Lagos.

I'm serious cool

8 Likes

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by slim75d(m): 7:36pm On Jan 24
Food inflation is real,even in kebbi state they sold these ipomea batatas for 500 naira? Lord have mercy

1 Like

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by mariahAngel(f): 7:49pm On Jan 24
slim75d:
Food inflation is real,even in kebbi state they sold these ipomea batatas for 500 naira? Lord have mercy

Is that another name for sweet potatoes? 😀
Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by munavi: 9:34pm On Jan 24
I was expecting to see a dustbin basket. You will get this in the outskirts of Abuja for 200 naira.

1 Like

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by dominique(f): 11:26pm On Jan 24
Too small. What we buy here in Lagos is around same quantity for same price.

3 Likes

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by Gadafii: 2:22am On Jan 25
This is like 200-300 in Lagos na
Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by benuejosh: 5:39am On Jan 25
That qauntity in the plate? In Benue State that should be like N100 and if it is too expensive then N200 but depending on how or from whom you got it from. N500 sweet potatoes in places like Kwande or Vandeikya here in Benue State should be about half level of a 25kg sack if not more and i am not kidding. If you're in Makurdi the state capital then it may be expensive because it is not farmed here and those who farm it just do it at the backyards for their personal consumption and it is farm on a very small portion of land.

Some of these food get wasted in the state because the market is not really there and the supply exceeds the demand in most areas. If that quantity of Potatoes was to be sold for N500 in makurdi, the expect the size to be very very big and i mean BIG not those fingerlines.

Go to the orchards and see how oranges are wasting. Go to Ushongo and Konshisha and be sure of getting a 20Liters paint bucket full of oranges for N200 and also see as oranges waste and get rotten. I can beat my chest and say Benue supplies the whole northern states with oranges and even some states in the South West i won't even talk about the East because na just our backyard them der so they have access to it and then we send alot to Cameroon also. Hundreds of truck load upon hundreds of truck loads go out of Benue almost on a daily basis yet the amount of rotten and wasted oranges you'll see will marvel you.

And yams? We have the largest yam market in Africa located here in Benue State in Ukum Local Government. Cassava we have in abundance or is it sesame seeds, bambara nuts, rice, groundnuts, just name it.

Benue is indeed the Food Basket of the Nation.

3 Likes

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by RepoMan007: 5:46pm On Jan 25
That your fake bernin kebbi is a village o ... manna
Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by Mom007(f): 9:52pm On Jan 25
Sweet potato is one one of the easiest and most productive plants to grow. Nigerians go and farm ooo! If you can't farm then buy it like that! This talk is getting stale undecided
Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by mariahAngel(f): 10:29pm On Jan 25
Mom007:
Sweet potato is one one of the easiest and most productive plants to grow. Nigerians go and farm ooo! If you can't farm then buy it like that! This talk is getting stale undecided

Do you farm?
If you do, what do you grow?

1 Like

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by Mom007(f): 8:47am On Jan 26
mariahAngel:

Do you farm?
If you do, what do you grow?
Yes. A whole lot! I used to farm potatoes, cassava, corn, pepper, okra, efo, waterleaf. A littleyam but grass cutterdug up and ate all my yams then i got a trap and then i got bush meat as well grin. Grow these stuff on a plot for one season and you will save half d money you spend annually on food for a family of 4. Nigerians are lazy. Stop waiting for government to give you food. They will not.

1 Like

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by mariahAngel(f): 9:42am On Jan 26
Mom007:

Yes. A whole lot! I used to farm potatoes, cassava, corn, pepper, okra, efo, waterleaf. A littleyam but grass cutterdug up and ate all my yams then i got a trap and then i got bush meat as well grin. Grow these stuff on a plot for one season and you will save half d money you spend annually on food for a family of 4. Nigerians are lazy. Stop waiting for government to give you food. They will not.

WoW! How interesting and exciting!😀

I am becoming more interested in agriculture (as I love everything about food), so there's this man I follow on YouTube, and I'm learning quite a lot from him.
He's Australian.
I can share his YouTube channel with you if you want.

As for Nigerians, I think want they need is awareness.

1 Like

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by Mom007(f): 4:19pm On Jan 26
mariahAngel:

I am becoming more interested in agriculture (as I love everything about food), so there's this man I follow on YouTube, and I'm learning quite a lot from him.
He's Australian.

I may revisit the yam farming if I ever get the opportunity. But I will do box farming for that. The severe pains I felt when grass utter ate up more than 30heaps of my yam plants was terrible. I can't go through that again.
Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by verminnel(f): 9:07am On Jan 27
So interesting pls what are the common foodstuffs Benue is known to producing ?
benuejosh:
That qauntity in the plate? In Benue State that should be like N100 and if it is too expensive then N200 but depending on how or from whom you got it from. N500 sweet potatoes in places like Kwande or Vandeikya here in Benue State should be about half level of a 25kg sack if not more and i am not kidding. If you're in Makurdi the state capital then it may be expensive because it is not farmed here and those who farm it just do it at the backyards for their personal consumption and it is farm on a very small portion of land.

Some of these food get wasted in the state because the market is not really there and the supply exceeds the demand in most areas. If that quantity of Potatoes was to be sold for N500 in makurdi, the expect the size to be very very big and i mean BIG not those fingerlines.

Go to the orchards and see how oranges are wasting. Go to Ushongo and Konshisha and be sure of getting a 20Liters paint bucket full of oranges for N200 and also see as oranges waste and get rotten. I can beat my chest and say Benue supplies the whole northern states with oranges and even some states in the South West i won't even talk about the East because na just our backyard them der so they have access to it and then we send alot to Cameroon also. Hundreds of truck load upon hundreds of truck loads go out of Benue almost on a daily basis yet the amount of rotten and wasted oranges you'll see will marvel you.

And yams? We have the largest yam market in Africa located here in Benue State in Ukum Local Government. Cassava we have in abundance or is it sesame seeds, bambara nuts, rice, groundnuts, just name it.

Benue is indeed the Food Basket of the Nation.

1 Like

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by benuejosh: 9:14am On Jan 27
verminnel:
So interesting pls what are the common foodstuffs Benue is known to producing ?
i have listed them in the comment. Aside cocoa, plantain and bananas you can find anything. That's why it is called FOOD BASKET OF THE NATION.
Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by verminnel(f): 5:02pm On Jan 27
benuejosh:
i have listed them in the comment. Aside cocoa, plantain and bananas you can find anything. That's why it is called FOOD BASKET OF THE NATION.
thanks a lot
Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by ceeceeuwa: 2:34pm On Jan 30
mariahAngel:

He's Australian.

Please do share his YouTube channel. Thanks
Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by mariahAngel(f): 7:23pm On Jan 30

1 Like

Re: 500 Naira Sweet Potatoes In Birnin Kebbi by ceeceeuwa: 2:48pm On Jan 31

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do Yu Eat Dog And Snake / Eatries That Caters For Weight & Health Conscious People;how Viable? / What Is The Fastest Way Of Making A Soft And Tasty Old Layer Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.