Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Listening Before Speaking By Soibi Versatile - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Listening Before Speaking By Soibi Versatile (65 Views)

10 Powerful Prayer Points You Should Say Before Speaking To Anyone In The Mornin / Daddy Freeze: To Be Like Dangote, Bill Gates Stop Listening To Oyedepo & Adeboye / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Listening Before Speaking By Soibi Versatile by Dailymemoirs4: 12:17am On Jan 25
Daily Devotional
Scriptural Compositions
25/1/24

Listening Before Speaking

Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.

James 1:19

A while ago I had two friends who were having a disagreement on an issue and I was brought in to establish peace between them. The first thing I did was to give each side an opportunity to speak and each side an opportunity to listen.

Hearing an issue from two sides gives us a good and balanced judgement of the situation. We get to listen to each side speak and each side listen to each person’s complain.

Listening is sometimes more crucial than speaking. By choosing to listen we let humility take the place of ego when we are about addressing a situation. We let calmness take the place of panic when passing a resolution.

Most of us are not actually quick to listen but we can train ourselves to pay attention to words first before giving a verdict. One of the basics of great communication is in listening because listening brings about respect. When you listen to people they tend to respect your opinion of their situation than when you don’t.
Listening is an aspect of wisdom and we can all learn from James to be good listeners as much as we are good talkers.

Key Point: Good communication and resolutions are hinged on listening.

Prayer: Lord help me to listen to what others have to say as much as I want to have my own say.

Soibi Versatile is a writer for Jesus Community Network.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Do When You're Not Getting The Result You Desire? / Prayer Exercise For Tonight / Do You Need To Ask God For Forgiveness When You Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.