Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation (359 Views)

US Court Slams Blogger, Funke Ashekun, With $50k Fine As MFM Wins Again / Funke Ashekun: You Have Set Up A Platform That Will Ruin You / Funke Ashekun You Are A Fraud And An Ingrate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by ReligiousCritic: 5:57am On Jan 25
For over three years now, a Nigerian lady, named Funke Asekun, who recently relocated to the US, has been on Social Media, spreading all manners of falsehoods against Mountain Of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) Church and her General Overseer with the sole purpose of tarnishing and damaging the reputation of the respected Man of God and that of the ministry - MFM

Being deceived by the illusion that she can hide in the US and successfully carry out the job of her paymasters to ridicule and tarnish the image of MFM and her General Overseer, she refused to heed all godly counsel for her to retrace her steps and refrain from her self-destructive mission. Thus, Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (US) successfully prosecuted its claims against her which did not last for a year. The US jury returned a unanimous verdict in favor of Mountain of Fire USA and its three pastors, Grace Ugeh, Kunle Ladipo and Adekunle Adekola.

The case thus represents a victory for Mountain of fire and miracles ministries, its local pastors and the General Overseer. The unanimous jury also awarded to Mountain of Fire USA the sum of Fifty Thousand US Dollars ($50,000) which is the full amount of all damages it claimed in the suit. The jury found that the postings of Ms. Ashekun had defamed Mountain of Fire and shown its pastors in a false light.
Mountain of Fire’s lead counsel Gilbert Garcia said that Mountain of Fire was gratified that the jury found in favor and vindicated the position of the ministry.

1 Share

Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by immortalcrown(m): 5:59am On Jan 25
All these mischievous bloggers are gradually beginning to learn the hard way. They will one day suffer the same thing in Nigeria. But the money is small (about ₦45 million).

Members of MFM in Nigeria will think prayer is responsible for the court judgement in the U.S. Yet, their prayers do not influence judgment in Nigerian courts.😂 Just as Israel uses weapons and soldiers to fights it's battles and Nigerians depend on the "God of the same Israel" to fight for Nigeria.

Everything is not by faith or by prayers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by 123yes(m): 6:01am On Jan 25
I pity some women. I don't know what they will derive by tarnishing the image of a man of God and thier ministry. I pray that this lady will realize her self and asked for forgiveness so as not to attract God's anger upon herself
Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by saintjimos(m): 6:05am On Jan 25
This is huge

1 Like

Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by MightySparrow: 6:24am On Jan 25
immortalcrown:
All these mischievous bloggers are gradually beginning to learn the hard way. They will one day suffer the same thing in Nigeria. But the money is small (about ₦45 million).

Members of MFM in Nigeria will think prayer is responsible for the court judgement in the U.S. Yet, their prayers do not influence judgment in Nigerian courts.😂 Just as Israel uses weapons and soldiers to fights it's battles and Nigerians depend on the "God of the same Israel" to fight for Nigeria.

Everything is not by faith or by prayers.

Lie.
I have witnessed a frame up case. The culprit had bribed a judge to rule in their favour. A week or so to the judgement the corrupt judge was transferred and replaced with a no nonsense Deeper Life member who struck out the case. I saw the culprits' lawyer begging their pastor who had followed his member to the church that the man should not claim damages.

Prayer works in all situations.

I was involved in this story.

3 Likes

Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by munavi: 6:34am On Jan 25
How do they enforce the payment of these fines?
Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by immortalcrown(m): 6:40am On Jan 25
MightySparrow:
Lie.
I have witnessed a frame up cast . The culprit shad bribed a judge to rule in their favour. A week or so to the judgement the corrupt judge was transferred and replaced with a no nonsense Deeper Life member who struck out the case. I saw the culprits' lawyer begging their pastor who had followed his member to the church that the man should not claim damages. Prayer works in all situations.I was involved in this story.
I am not surprised by your claim. This is how you people claim whoever becomes the president of Nigeria or the governor of a state is appointed by God. But why doesn't the "God" that answered this prayer answer Nigeria's prayers concerning more serious national issues?
Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by Kobojunkie: 7:09am On Jan 25
ReligiousCritic:
For over three years now, a Nigerian lady, named Funke Asekun, who recently relocated to the US, has been on Social Media, spreading all manners of falsehoods against Mountain Of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) Church and her General Overseer with the sole purpose of tarnishing and damaging the reputation of the respected Man of God and that of the ministry - MFM
Where is your source for this news? @Op undecided
Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by MightySparrow: 8:21am On Jan 25
immortalcrown:
I am not surprised by your claim. This is how you people claim whoever becomes the president of Nigeria or the governor of a state is appointed by God. But why doesn't the "God" that answered this prayer answer Nigeria's prayers concerning more serious national issues?

Any leader, good or bad, is appointmented by God. The appointee may not meet your expectations. It doesn't change anything.
However, God sees the end from the beginning. What you think is the worst now could be the best on the long run.

I believe in God and His judgement.

2 Likes

Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by immortalcrown(m): 9:27am On Jan 25
MightySparrow:
Any leader, good or bad, is appointmented by God. The appointee may not meet your expectations. It doesn't change anything.
However, God sees the end from the beginning. What you think is the worst now could be the best on the long run. I believe in God and His judgement.
Your logic means that human actions have no consequences. Whatever happens is caused by God and not by human actions.

And if this your logic is right, God didn't create man with freedom of choice. And if God didn't create man with freedom, man is not made in the image and likeness of God and no difference between man and lower animals.

Do you see the fallacy in your reasoning?
Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by MightySparrow: 5:20pm On Jan 25
immortalcrown:
Your logic means that human actions have no consequences. Whatever happens is caused by God and not by human actions.

And if this your logic is right, God didn't create man with freedom of choice. And if God didn't create man with freedom, man is not made in the image and likeness of God and no difference between man and lower animals.

Do you see the fallacy in your reasoning?

Your logic is not different from those people who mispresent God to people. God has choices, same is man. Man's choice must be within the confines of God's. If not God has right to punish man. The choice of a leader from God could be a whip to punish disobedience. It is still answer to prayers. Saul was anointed over Israel by a prophet. To Israel they had their wish, but to God, it was a rod of punishment.

O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help.
I will be thy king: where is any other that may save thee in all thy cities? and thy judges of whom thou saidst, Give me a king and princes?
I gave thee a king in mine anger, and took him away in my wrath.

Hos.13.9 - 11

The best of God is only for the righteous nation.

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.
Prov.14.34

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by immortalcrown(m): 5:38pm On Jan 25
MightySparrow:

Your logic is not different from those people who mispresent God to people. God has choices, same is man. Man's choice must be within the confines of God's. If not God has right to punish man. The choice of a leader from God could be a whip to punish disobedience. It is still answer to prayers. Saul was anointed over Israel by a prophet. To Israel they had their wish, but to God, it was a rod of punishment.

O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help.
I will be thy king: where is any other that may save thee in all thy cities? and thy judges of whom thou saidst, Give me a king and princes?
I gave thee a king in mine anger, and took him away in my wrath.

Hos.13.9 - 11

The best of God is only for the righteous nation.

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.
Prov.14.34

If the punishment is as a result of man's action, why do you claim human action is not responsible for the leaders that emerge?
Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Jan 25
ReligiousCritic, where is the source of this article of yours? I don search google but it is nowhere to be found for me. So can you at least post the source link so we can read for ourselves there? undecided
Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by Samunique(m): 8:54pm On Jan 25
123yes:
I pity some women. I don't know what they will derive by tarnishing the image of a man of God and thier ministry. I pray that this lady will realize her self and asked for forgiveness so as not to attract God's anger upon herself
In fact I'm very happy for this, not bcs it's a man of God or church, but bcs it'll serve as a big lesson to all these uncouth bloggers who will write anything in order to gain traffic.....
Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Jan 25
Samunique:
In fact I'm very happy for this, not bcs it's a man of God or church, but bcs it'll service as a big lesson to all these uncouth bloggers who will write anything in order to gain traffic.....
Do you have a source for the story at least? At least something to prove this tale here is at least real and not made up for traffic purposes? undecided
Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by MightySparrow: 9:43pm On Jan 25
immortalcrown:
If the punishment is as a result of man's action, why do you claim human action is not responsible for the leaders that emerge?

Re: MFM Wins As Court Awards $50,000 Against Blogger, Funke Ashekun For Defamation by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Jan 25
ReligiousCritic, at least provide the case number so I can maybe google it on the courts website, since Google does not seem to have any resources with the claim contained in your OP. undecided
According to a document obtained by SaharaReporters, the hearing of the lawsuit will begin today (Monday), January 22, 2024.

Ashekun, who is based in Maryland, USA, had on her Facebook page and YouTube accused an unidentified pastor whom she described as ‘Pharoah’ of sexually molesting ladies. She called the church "Pharaoh’s church."

However, the Plaintiff, Adekunle Adekola, through his attorney, Kent L. Greenberg in 2022 filed a complaint for defamation, accusing Ashekun of spreading misinformation, lies and accusations against the church and its leadership.

MFM Church Sues US-based Nigerian Social Media Influencer, Funke Ashekun Over Alleged Defamation
The only article online that comes close to your story does not in any way corroborate your claim at all, and it is by Sahara Reporters. So where does this your story come from abeg? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Biblical Truths / Preach The Gospel / Spiritual Digest For The Day 12th Of October 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.