Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

"God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members (158 Views)

Man Caught Drinking Holy Communion Wine After Stealing It From Church In Lagos / Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) / Saint Dikeji Miyerijesu Receives Lexus Jeep As Birthday Gift From Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members by Visblog: 6:03am On Jan 25
“God told me to do it,” U.S. pastor who stole $1.3 million from church members

A US-based pastor, Eli Regalado, says it was God who instructed him to st£al over $1.3 million from his Christian community in a cryptocurrency scheme.

Eli and his wife, Kaitlyn, are accused of vi%lating Colorado’s anti-fr@ud, licensing and registration laws after they created and sold their cryptocurrency, known as “INDXcoin,” to Christians in the state.

The couple allegedly told potential investors that the Lord had told them people would become wealthy if they invested, according to a recent press release issued by the state’s division of securities.

However, prosecutors stated that INDXcoin was “practically worthless” in actuality. Investors lost millions of dollars while the Regalados lived lavishly, TheGuardian reports.

In a video statement posted on INDXcoin website, Eli admitted that the pair squandered $1.3 million raised through cryptocurrency.

“The charges are that me and Kaitlyn pocketed $1.3m. I just wanted to come out and say those charges are true.

A few hundred thousand dollars went to a home remodel the Lord told us to do. We took God at his word and sold a cryptocurrency with no clear exit,” he said.

Regalado added that the couple still believes that God will “work a miracle in the financial sector”.

INDXcoin raised around $3.2 million from more than 300 people between June 2022 and April 2023. The Regalados spent at least $1.3 million, or more than half, on personal luxury goods such as jewellery, an au pair, and a costly house improvement project.

The Regalados also collected at least $290,000 for their online-only church, Victorious Grace Church, despite the fact that it has no physical location.

The Regalados also have no expertise with cryptocurrency. A third-party auditor also reported serious technical issues with the INDXcoin code, but the Regalados continued to promote the cryptocurrency as a low-risk, high-reward solution.

https://www.visblog.ng/2024/01/god-told-me-to-do-it-us-pastor-who.html

Re: "God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members by Apus: 6:07am On Jan 25
Agba yahoo pastor. This is massive, even in the U.S!

The More reason why people are now staying away from churches. Yahooboiz cum pastor don takeover.

2 Likes

Re: "God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members by immortalcrown(m): 6:13am On Jan 25
Was he discipled by an African pastor? 🤔

He has not learnt to use the formats of tithes, "first fruits" and "sowing of seeds of faith". 😂

In Africa, the Church members will find Bible quotes to defend him.
Re: "God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members by munavi: 6:19am On Jan 25
Gather here if you're surprised to see a White kiss
Re: "God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members by Mvnster: 6:28am On Jan 25
munavi:
Gather here if you're surprised to see a White kiss
But na whites de rule investment fraud normal
Re: "God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:28am On Jan 25
Yeah... The god of this world.

The thief that comes not but to steal, kill and destroy. John 10:10a

Makes perfect sense.
Re: "God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members by dawnomike(m): 6:35am On Jan 25
Visblog:
“God told me to do it,” U.S. pastor who stole $1.3 million from church members

A US-based pastor, Eli Regalado, says it was God who instructed him to st£al over $1.3 million from his Christian community in a cryptocurrency scheme.

Eli and his wife, Kaitlyn, are accused of vi%lating Colorado’s anti-fr@ud, licensing and registration laws after they created and sold their cryptocurrency, known as “INDXcoin,” to Christians in the state.

The couple allegedly told potential investors that the Lord had told them people would become wealthy if they invested, according to a recent press release issued by the state’s division of securities.

However, prosecutors stated that INDXcoin was “practically worthless” in actuality. Investors lost millions of dollars while the Regalados lived lavishly, TheGuardian reports.

In a video statement posted on INDXcoin website, Eli admitted that the pair squandered $1.3 million raised through cryptocurrency.

“The charges are that me and Kaitlyn pocketed $1.3m. I just wanted to come out and say those charges are true.

A few hundred thousand dollars went to a home remodel the Lord told us to do. We took God at his word and sold a cryptocurrency with no clear exit,” he said.

Regalado added that the couple still believes that God will “work a miracle in the financial sector”.

INDXcoin raised around $3.2 million from more than 300 people between June 2022 and April 2023. The Regalados spent at least $1.3 million, or more than half, on personal luxury goods such as jewellery, an au pair, and a costly house improvement project.

The Regalados also collected at least $290,000 for their online-only church, Victorious Grace Church, despite the fact that it has no physical location.

The Regalados also have no expertise with cryptocurrency. A third-party auditor also reported serious technical issues with the INDXcoin code, but the Regalados continued to promote the cryptocurrency as a low-risk, high-reward solution.

https://www.visblog.ng/2024/01/god-told-me-to-do-it-us-pastor-who.html
Lianus Mba the brother of Lai Mohammed
Re: "God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members by paxonel(m): 6:35am On Jan 25
He was a former disciple of....

in Africa
Re: "God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members by Cassandraloius: 7:12am On Jan 25
I thought that it is only black people that practice fraud. See him face, thief!
Re: "God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members by Boomboost(m): 7:50am On Jan 25
Pastor wey no sabi...

"God" say make you steal, you no reason 10 CMDMNT, you no consider SIN, e no touch you say na GREED de advice your spirit.

Yahoo boys suppose collect you that money.
Re: "God Told Me To Do It,” U.S. Pastor Who Stole $1.3 Million From Church Members by Westerhoffe(m): 7:52am On Jan 25
Greed, not GOD.
Next time mind your vocabulary.

(1) (Reply)

Gay Marriage: Churches Are Leaving Methodist Church (UMC) After Disaffiliation / How True Is This About Flying In The Dream? / How I Miraculously Received N100,000 After My Pastor Declared A Financial Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.