Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges (17499 Views)

PDP Condemns Arrest Of Governor Fubara's Loyalists In Abuja / Rivers Crisis: Fubara’s Loyalists Face Terrorism Charges In Abuja Court / Governor Amosun And His Loyalists To Dump APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by GuruboiNaija: 12:53pm On Jan 25
Justice Bolaji Olajuwon of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Thursday, ordered that the five Port Harcourt-based men arraigned by the Federal Government on terrorism charges be remanded at Kuje Prison in Abuja.

They are to remain in prison custody till February 2 when their respective bail applications would be determined by the Judge.

.ng reports that the five defendants are Chime Eguma Ezebalike, Prince Lukman Oladele, Kenneth Goodluck Kpasa, Osiga Donald and Ochueja Thankgod.

In the seven-count charges, the defendants were accused of committing terrorism offences by invading, vandalizing and burning down Rivers State House of Assembly during the wake of the political crisis that rocked Port Harcourt in October last year.

Beside allegedly burning down the State House of Assembly, they were also accused of killing a Superintendent of Police, (SP) Bako Agbashim and five police informants at Ahoada community of the state.

The police informants alleged to have been killed are Charles Osu, Ogbonna Eja, Idaowuka Felix, Paul Victor Chibuogu and Saturday Edi.

The Federal Government also accused them of using various cult groups, namely- Supreme Viking Confraternity, Degbam, Iceland and Greenland to unleash mayhem on the people of the state and their commercial activities.

However, when the charges against them marked FHC/ABJ/CR/25/2024 were read, they all pleaded not guilty to the offences.

Although the immediate past factional Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Hon Edison Ehie was not listed in the seven-count terrorism charges, he was however represented in court by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, Oluwole Aladedoyin on the ground that his name featured prominently in the alleged offences.

He challenged the allegations that he was at large alongside other suspects.

Justice Olajuwon did not however allow further arguments on the ground that he was not yet a defendant in the charges.

Shortly after the arraignment, the leader of the prosecuting team, Audu Garba applied for a date for full blown trial of the defendants.

However, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, Lukman Fagbemi, who stood for Chime Eguma Ezebalike and Prince Lukman Oladele who are 1st and 2nd defendants, sought to move applications for their bail on the ground that they have been in police custody since last year.

The government lawyer, Audu Garba vehemently opposed the bail application on the reason that he had just been served and that he needed time to study them and file a counter affidavit.

Justice Olajuwon agreed with the prosecution lawyer that the bail applications were not ripe for hearing and fixed February 2 for hearing of all bail applications.

Pending hearing and determination of the bail applications, the Judge ordered that the five defendants be taken to Kuje Prison on remand and be returned to court on the adjourned date.

https://.ng/2024/01/25/court-sends-fubaras-loyalists-to-prison-after-arraignment-on-terrorism-charges/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by immortalcrown(m): 12:53pm On Jan 25
Dirty games everywhere in the name of politics.

There is one touching song titled, "Wonderful DPO", dedicated to the Bako when he was alive.

4 Likes

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by slaawomirr: 1:10pm On Jan 25
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by victorikpe(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by SeeWahala: 1:11pm On Jan 25
Hehehe, very good for them.

You people allowed wike rig the whole of rivers state top to bottom koro-koro for tinubu and you people didnt even raise a finger in protest so anything you guys see over there make una take am like that shocked

On his mandate una go must stand gidigba

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by Perfectnumber6(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25
Fuvk
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by shiki(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25
Fubara 1-0 Loyalists

Supreme Court affirm Fubara's victory and then keep Loyalists in Kuje

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by korm2me(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25
Oh
Rivers Governor should go and learn how to play dirty politics from Obaseki.
He should have brought down the roof of the assembly building with a bulldozer alleging he wants to renovate the building .
Why use thugs, this could backfire.
I pity this clueless gov. You want to fight your boss but no sense

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by Dididrumz(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25
Na wah ooo.
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by sofeo(m): 1:12pm On Jan 25
Alright
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by rottenPussy: 1:12pm On Jan 25
G
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by bewla(m): 1:12pm On Jan 25
E
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by Vicana: 1:12pm On Jan 25
how are they Fubara Loyalits, I don,t understand. Can someone explain clearer.

4 Likes

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by princeade86(m): 1:12pm On Jan 25
And release back door

1 Like

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by money121(m): 1:13pm On Jan 25
Ok
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by thesolutions(m): 1:13pm On Jan 25
Dig deeper. Get more people involved for trial. These are not all that is.
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by AllahOfBlood: 1:13pm On Jan 25
cheesy

Terrors in government don do another one
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by Iykopee(m): 1:13pm On Jan 25
Lukman was my senior @ Govt Comprehensive Secondary School Borikiri in Port Harcourt. Agreed dude was one the leaders of the dreaded Debam cult group in PH.

Let's make no mistakes about this, the same guy and other group of bad guys were equally used by Ex-gov Wike to wreak havoc on opposition political groups in PH.

You need to see these guys living some quality lifestyle, sponsored by Wike himself. These guys own houses, they have their quota from NDDC allocation, and they are into oil bunkering too.

These same guys are currently working for Sim through Edison. Obviously, they aren't on Wike's payroll anymore and their action to burn down the Assembly was duly orchestrated by the Rivers State Govt.

Well, I disagree with anyone touting them for having a hand in the death of Superintendent Agbashim. But, hey, they should face the music.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by theophorus(m): 1:14pm On Jan 25
Instead make una jejely dey una house dey drink Garri and Kulikuli, una no gree.

Now una don enter 1-chance for political games of throne.
When una comot from this one una go learn to maintain una lane.

Fubara think say everybody go be like Buhari, wen kip kwayet let that Streetlight-MoU Gurnor dey misbehave anyhow.

Unfortunately that MoU Guvnor don dey regret hin gragra now, cos he get less than 10months for office.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by ProudNigerian01: 1:14pm On Jan 25
Na wa o, I don't even know what to say about this matter again.

May God intervene and make everything work for the good of the people.

NOTICE:

Let go of your pride, anger, evil thoughts, lust, immoral and uncontrolled speech and God will be pleased with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by zoedew: 1:17pm On Jan 25
Heavy stuff. Meanwhile Sim is safely kept in an expensive device recharged daily! Folks should learn to not take the fall for politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:18pm On Jan 25
Vicana:
how are they Fubara Loyalits, I don,t understand. Can someone explain clearer.

It looks a paid propaganda. Some people of a particular region of Ahoada were arrested for the murder of a policeman in their region. Due to the political tussle, Edison Ehie's name got into the mix. Remember, Edison is from Ahoada. However, Edison has stated clearly that he has no link with the guys and they are from another part of Ahoada, not his side.

Now those guys are remanded to prison. There is no link with Sim Fubara, but see the reckless headline.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by izubext007: 1:19pm On Jan 25
Like for Wike ,,,Share for Fubara....men mount

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by Confirmedzombie: 1:21pm On Jan 25
People just left South East to go burn down Rivers Assembly complex.

Why can't this SE people allow other regions fight their battles.

Always drinking panadol for other regions headache.

May they Rot in jail.

Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by PrinceofSarcasm: 1:21pm On Jan 25
immortalcrown:
Dirty games everywhere in the name of politics.

There is one touching song titled, "Wonderful DPO", dedicated to the Bako when he was alive.

Do you know something about his murder? Are you part of the group hiding the gang that killed him?
Where are you located ?

1 Like

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:22pm On Jan 25
Seun, you need to check your sensational headlines and pay people to read articles comprehensively before posting. This is a very careless headline; there is no link to Sim Fubara. I can't believe what just happened on nairaland.

This is disgusting and a new low for nairaland. This is a shame.

4 Likes

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by Ezekiel2122(m): 1:23pm On Jan 25
I will never read any comment from Obidients again in as much as it has to do with politics...
I can follow them for BBN, Football and Co...
I remember how they were hyping these people, now see where they have landed themselves..

3 Likes

Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by immortalcrown(m): 1:23pm On Jan 25
PrinceofSarcasm:
Do you know something about his murder? Are you part of the group hiding the gang that killed him?
Where are you located ?
If you are not stupid, explain how my comment justifies your question.
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:24pm On Jan 25
korm2me:
Oh
Rivers Governor should go and learn how to play dirty politics from Obaseki.
He should have brought down the roof of the assembly building with a bulldozer alleging he wants to renovate the building .
Why use thugs, this could backfire.
I pity this clueless gov. You want to fight your boss but no sense

The article shows no link of Fubara to the thugs. Get your facts right.
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:24pm On Jan 25
Ezekiel2122:
I will never read any comment from Obidients again in as much as it has to do with politics...
I can follow them for BBN, Football and Co...
I remember how they were hyping these people, now see where they have landed themselves..

Learn to read articles. Your statement is totally off tangent of what is on the article.
Re: Court Sends Fubara’s Loyalists To Prison After Arraignment On Terrorism Charges by PrinceofSarcasm: 1:26pm On Jan 25
immortalcrown:
If you are not stupid, explain how my comment justifies your question.
Where is his badge? Don't worry you will be apprehended soon.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trainee Plane Crashed In Ilorin During Routine Exercise / Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu / Group Reacts As Police Says Daughter Of Ex-gov’s Aide Not Kidnapped, Went To Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.