Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,388 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Garba Shehu: Buhari Was A Victim Of Too Much Expectation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Buhari Was A Victim Of Too Much Expectation (240 Views)

Garba Shehu: Buhari Is Ahead Of Obasanjo In All Fields Of National Development / Garba Shehu: Buhari’s Children Have Right To Use Presidential Jet / Garba Shehu: Buhari’s Cabal Aren’t Hungry People, They Are Respectable Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garba Shehu: Buhari Was A Victim Of Too Much Expectation by Bobloco: 6:32pm On Jan 25
Former presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, has said ex-President Muhammadu Buhari was a victim of the crisis of expectations.

Shehu, the ex-Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to Buhari, also said Nigerians also expect lofty feats from their leaders, which have not augured well in the time past.

He spoke at the 21st Trust Dialogue with the theme:” Tinubu’s Economic Reforms: Gainers and Losers”.

The former presidential media aide said some of the problems Buhari had were as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 and the war between Russia and Ukraine in 2022, which affected grain importation.

Shehu, therefore, as Nigerians to lower their expectations anytime they march to the polls to elect president, adding that no leader can solve all the nation’s problems.

“His government banned the importation of rice because we were growing as much as we needed for the country. In fact, Nigeria fed West Africa. You need to be in any of the border states, either Kano, Katsina or Jigawa to see how food, even as of today, is being moved massively out of the country. We are feeding West Africa.

“There were many challenges during the time he was in power. I don’t need to mention them. You all know about this. Was it Covid or the war in Ukraine? You know all of these things. In a nutshell, this is to say that he was a victim of a crisis of expectation.

“And I think that is the lesson for Nigerians with what I have seen with Buhari’s critics. And this for Tinubu, and any other president that will come thereafter is that Nigerians should begin to lower their expectations especially where those expectations are simply inhumane. Leaders can do a lot of things. But no one leader can do everything for one given nation.”

He also said the construction of the Second Niger Bridge was a big achievement by his former boss, as he said, “Before Buhari, it used to take Christians in the East or South West two to three days to go home for Christmas because the traffic clumped on the Niger Bridge.”

https://dailytrust.com/garba-shehu-buhari-was-a-victim-of-too-much-expectation/#google_vignette

Cc:
Mynd44 Nlfpmod
Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Was A Victim Of Too Much Expectation by CharleyBright(m): 6:38pm On Jan 25
Ok ooo.
Garba Shehu and Femi Adesina, I don't know who used the Media as a tool of deceit under the Buhari govt pass.
Hear this Shehu man come and be doing unsolicited shalaye. Who ask him.
Who ask Buhari to be promising to take dollar to N1 and too many vague promises he cannot fulfill
Buhari was the most clueless and incompetent president in Nigeria, Period.

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Was A Victim Of Too Much Expectation by leadinggists(m): 6:52pm On Jan 25
I don't give a f***k
Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Was A Victim Of Too Much Expectation by kokoA(m): 7:26pm On Jan 25
He can go and write his own book.
Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Was A Victim Of Too Much Expectation by History555: 7:26pm On Jan 25
Rubbish. The war in Ukraine led to oil prices of $100 a barrel but because of a dullard who was c in c and petrol minister, Nigeria failed to maximise its opec quota because of oil theft. Imagine ghost stealing 800k barrels every day
Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Was A Victim Of Too Much Expectation by flore1823: 7:51pm On Jan 25
Too much expectation but that olofo lifeless was a failure but what annoy me was how this eleribu manna asslicked him chai nah motor go kill him laslas inshalla
Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Was A Victim Of Too Much Expectation by Throwback: 10:05pm On Jan 25
If Buhari could not end corruption even in the Presidency and his family, then he failed mightily.

Many of us put our reputations on the line and swore that if not Buhari, who else was principled enough to stamp out greed and corruption from the Nigeria DNA.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Was A Victim Of Too Much Expectation by Hadone(m): 10:07pm On Jan 25
Buhari was a victim of too much expectations, I agree in STRONG terms, but this can't change the fact that he's a big failure. Besides, who promised us a lot and lied a lot and make us to expect too much, is it not the same JUBRIL Buhari? He's simply a BIG failure!!
Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Was A Victim Of Too Much Expectation by ambale(m): 10:55pm On Jan 25
Ano really blame characters like shehu and Adeshina

Na Nigerians wey reinforce una failures I blame

In fact Buhari is the best thing after fried rice and tinubu is doing perfectly well

(1) (Reply)

NNS Victory Calabar Gets New Commander / Dangote Bags Senegal Highest National Award / Why We Decided To Support Tinubu’s Administration After Pledging Allegiance To P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.