Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Who Are Those On Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are Those On Nairaland? (125 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Are Those On Nairaland? by elasticlala: 1:38am On Jan 26
Engaging in various discussions on life's complexities often prompts profound contemplation about the diverse perspectives present on platforms like Nairaland. Having been an active member for several years, I cannot help but acknowledge the evolving nature of this online community. Initially, the landscape was markedly different, but over time, Nairaland has become a microcosm reflecting the moral fabric and societal ethos prevalent among Nigerians, both at home and abroad.
As I navigate through the plethora of comments and viewpoints on Nairaland, a burning question consistently arises within me: Who are those on Nairaland?

Example:
1. Marriage Conundrum
Consider, for instance, the discussions around marriage. A man expressing his intention to marry and detailing the efforts he puts into the relationship is often labeled a 'Simp.' Some boldly claim, "Only a fool marries Nigerian girls." However, my firsthand experience at Ikoyi Registry in December 2023 during my wedding got me really troubled. I was number 243 on the list despite how early I arrived the venue (that was just for a single day in 2023). This led me to ponder: Do Nigerian men still embrace marriage, even to Nigerian women? The enigma deepens: Who then are those on Nairaland?

2. Conflicting Views on Relationships
Another perplexity lies in the contrasting perspectives regarding relationships. On Nairaland, Nigerian girls are often portrayed as undeserving of anything from their male counterparts. The prevailing sentiment suggests focusing financial resources solely on family and mothers. Yet, a stroll through Ikeja Mall or Just Rite paints a different picture. Men are consistently treating their companions to various items and indulging in a plethora of culinary delights. This incongruity prompts the question: Who are those on Nairaland?

3. Skepticism Towards Religion
Nairaland fosters an environment where skepticism towards religion thrives. Every pastor is viewed as a religious scam artist, and the prevailing belief is that personal success is solely the result of hard work and luck. However, every Sunday in Nigeria witnesses road congestion due to the multitude attending various churches. This dissonance raises yet another inquiry: Who are those on Nairaland?

4. Ethnic Discord
Adding another layer to the puzzle is the apparent ethnic discord between Yoruba and Igbo on Nairaland. Online discussions paint a picture of water and palm oil – a mixture seemingly impossible. Yet, in reality, you witness Yoruba and Igbo individuals marrying, engaging in business partnerships, challenging the very notion propagated online. This stark contrast begs the question: Who are those on Nairaland?

… the list goes on and on.
...you can add yours, if this question has ever come across your mind

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Those On Nairaland? by finallybusy: 5:01am On Jan 26
Those on Nairaland are SS1 boys looking to rile other members with the most outrageous opinions they can think up. Take this place serious at your peril. The children here don’t believe nor follow what they submit on the daily. Add moderators doing and encouraging the same as their form of engagement and it’s no wonder why the forum seems far from reality.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi Bandits Release Remaining Abducted Abians / Africa's Most Powerful Militaries By Global Firepower / UNIMAGINABLE Crisis Looms In Osun PDP As AARAJ, Other Chieftains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.