Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U (17959 Views)

Delta state: Governor Oborevwori Assigns Portfolios To Commissioners / Revolution Now: IG Sends Alarm Message To Commissioners Of Police / Governor Fayemi Assigns Portfolios To Commissioners, Talks Tough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by chokekachy: 12:08pm On Jan 27
LET POSTERITY REMEMBER YOU FOR WHAT IS GOOD, GOV FUBARA CHARGES RE-SWORN-IN COMMISSIONERS

Governor of Rivers State, Sir Siminalayi Fubara has said that it was imperative for the newly sworn-in commissioners to engage in activities for which they will be positively remembered by posterity.

Sir Fubara gave the advise shortly after swearing in nine (9) commissioners into the State Executive Council at Government House in Port Harcourt on Friday.

The newly sworn-in were former commissioners who, citing several reasons, had resigned their appointments during the political crisis that engulfed the State. They were however returning on their own to be reabsorbed into the administration.

Observing that they have already read the charge as contained in their oath of office, Governor Fubara enjoined them to uphold and defend the state's constitution.

"I wish you well in your coming back. Stand for justice, and stand for the interests of our dear state. That is the purpose of your appointment and that is the truth.

"I can see how heavy your hearts are. But I assure you that I don't have anything against anyone of you. You were caught in between during the crossfire."

Governor Fubara spoke further: "I will advise that you give your best. Like I said the first time, let this State and posterity remember you for what is good."

Signed

Boniface Onyedi
SSA, Media to the Governor of Rivers State

Friday, January 26, 2024

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by crossfm: 12:10pm On Jan 27
Hehehe.

Fubara should have ignored them,you resigned and should remain that way.

Fubara is really playing on a dangerous ground. How can you be working with bunch of people who do not respect you and their loyalty is clearly with another man.

I know most people who are supporting this move by the governor will never tolerate this. They are hypocrites,you can't have peace and conducive working environment where you are always afraid and watching Your back.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Coldspice: 12:17pm On Jan 27
Let peace reign in Rivers.

For those who want Fubara and Wike to fight, look at their monikers and notice their origins. Their places are nowhere to write about.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by rotadeco27: 12:17pm On Jan 27
Best wishes to them all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by free2ryhme: 12:17pm On Jan 27
[quote author=chokekachy post=128148955][/quote]

Make una sha deliver dividends of democracy of the mass of river state

However will know that na corruption go end everything
Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Oloripelebe: 12:17pm On Jan 27
This Fubara na mumu grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Judolisco(m): 12:18pm On Jan 27
Make fubara start work....
Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Tjra: 12:18pm On Jan 27
Fubara and Wike should humble themselves. Shealth your swords and work for the good of Rivers state.

Coldspice:
Let peace reign in Rivers.

For those who want Fubara and Wike to fight, look at their monikers and notice their origins. Their places are nowhere to write about.
You are correct.

Strife and anarchy is what gives them joy. Why can't they leave Rivers state alone and focus on their states?

The fact that Wike didn't support their favorite should not be a reason for them to promote chaos in this beloved garden city.

It is really sad because this great cosmopolitan state is home to everyone just like Lagos. Rivers state must not go down cry

3 Likes

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Pootle: 12:18pm On Jan 27
rubbish struggle undecided for bags of money

2 Likes

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Dpharisee: 12:19pm On Jan 27
Rivers wahala don taya us

1 Like

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by LibertyRep: 12:20pm On Jan 27
Will they ever be loyal to him?

Will they ever respect him ?

Sim's case is the typical dinning with the devil, it has to be with a long spoon coupled with some level of choco' and street wisdom.

Very soon the Assembly will push him harder to the walls, the public will see his helplessness and shower him with sympathy. Then the tide can swing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Holadokun(m): 12:21pm On Jan 27
A mumu is a mumu

3 Likes

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Righthussle: 12:21pm On Jan 27
GEJ on my mind.

1 Like

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by LEARNPYTHON(m): 12:23pm On Jan 27
Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by MrDoGood(m): 12:24pm On Jan 27
They should use their head very well
Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Excuzeme: 12:25pm On Jan 27
If "F" stands for "FOOL", this Fullbara was properly named at Birth! grin grin
He has scored a lot of "First" in his short term as Governor but he will go down in History as the Governor who is ruled by his Commissioners.
His plan is to appease his Enemies and probably join APC, thinking he will be protected by Tinubu.
But he will soon realize that he has denigrated that "Office of Governor", by re-absorbing those Defecting Assembly Men, he has violated the Constitution of Nigeria, by presenting an Approved Budget a second time, to illegal House Members, he has planted the Seed of his own failure.

I really feel sorry for the People of River State, that they have to contend with this sort of show-of-shame, for however much it will last.
FOOLbara is FINISHED, it is just a matter of time.

7 Likes

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by meum: 12:27pm On Jan 27
When this matter started, I remember telling people not to waste their time analyzing it. They nearly crucified me. Now see what is playing out.

Truth is that 8 point agreement Sim is implementing would not have been accepted not to mention being implemented by Asiwaju & Eze during their days had they been caught up in such a situation.

1 Like

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by adams123: 12:28pm On Jan 27
This guy action is irritating me. Abeg!

6 Likes

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by LordIsaac(m): 12:28pm On Jan 27
This is exactly the opposite of what Obidients wished he would do. I asshua you, he is on the right path. There’s no point fighting someone stronger and more powerful than you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Excuzeme: 12:29pm On Jan 27
LibertyRep:
Will they ever be loyal to him?

Will they ever respect him ?

Sim's case is the typical dinning with the devil, it has to be with a long spoon coupled with some level of choco' and street wisdom.

Very soon the Assembly will push him harder to the walls, the public will see his helplessness and shower him with sympathy. Then the tide can swing.

They have started already, they have OVERRIDE Four Bills that he has already signed into Law. grin grin

A Natural Muumu, that Foolbara.

3 Likes

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by excomarow(m): 12:29pm On Jan 27
Why Absorbing them... you would have free them so that their actions will judge them...

Hmn it seems that man WIKE is still ACTIVE

1 Like

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Seunpapa65: 12:30pm On Jan 27
Of course when two elephants fights the grass suffers
Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by paramakina202: 12:31pm On Jan 27
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Fubara should have ignored them,you resigned and should remain that way.

Fubara is really playing on a dangerous ground. How can you be working with bunch of people who do not respect you and their loyalty is clearly with another man.

He will sack them at the right time.He need to consolidate power first.
Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Lexusgs430: 12:33pm On Jan 27
He is stylishly begging....... 😜🀣

1 Like

Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by nstore: 12:34pm On Jan 27
Re: Fubara To Commissioners: You Were Caught In Crossfire, I Have Nothing Against U by Lexusgs430: 12:34pm On Jan 27
paramakina202:

He will sack them at the right time.He need to consolidate power first.

How would he achieve this, are you aware of what his legislators passed yesterday.......... πŸ˜…

Fubura is just in government....... He got no supreme power....... 🀣

If he sneezes, they wouid blow his house down....... 😜

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Wants Major Al-mustapha, Others Released / Only A Third Of Nigerians Are Poor- Says World Bank / EndSARS: Engage Youths To Avoid Protests - Buhari Tells Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.