Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Feeding For 1,000 Per Day - How Possible - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Feeding For 1,000 Per Day - How Possible (248 Views)

Which Food Can #1,000 Cook That Will Last For 3days? / Rice Processors Slash Price To N19,000 Per Bag / Photo Of An Egg Inside An Egg. How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeding For 1,000 Per Day - How Possible by Vgstar18: 4:14pm On Jan 29
How much the country have changed.

If i may ask who said #1000 was too small for feeding in a day, I guess the attempt to answer this question has been attempted over a hundred times on TikTok and Instagram but it seems like a horrible idea each time, It just goes to show how much the inflation rate and bad governance has killed the economic fabrics of the country and reduced the purchasing power of our once valuable Naira.
I would like to share my experience working in Lagos mainland for 3 years from 2018 till 2020, Each day i step out of the house going to work when i didn't have a home made food. I purchase Akara and Bread and 3-in-1 coffee which sold for 280 naira in total which was enough for a good breakfast off course the akara balls where 4 big ones for hundred naira and bread 100naira with the coffee being 80 naira.
At lunch time all i needed was to go to the nearest buka and get rice and beans with round fish of 400. Which was big enough to fill the tummy.
So as you can see i do have enough meal for 680 for breakfast and lunch for just that amount. After closing from work for days i didn't prepare any food at home i just got moi-moi for 200 or indomie super pack which was sold for 120 each and 240 both with egg 50 naira and that was enough for a belly filling dinner.
That to say it was a regular diet for me on a daily basis without the toil of cooking was 880 or 970 as the case maybe.
Comparing that to today's economy in 2024, Based in Port Harcourt now, i can say the average cost of daily meal without cooking goes for about 2,000 - 2,500 and involves skipping one meal too. It's quite pathetic and i think the government has failed in regulating food prices, the inflation rate and keeping the naira valuation against the dollar stable and gaining.

I drop my pen here and hope that in the nearest future it won't cost 5,000 or 10,000 to get a belly filling meal for a day as the signs are all around us.

Re: Feeding For 1,000 Per Day - How Possible by Baztardidiot: 7:09pm On Jan 29
Aapwo

Aaayyyybi
Ah
Pawa
O
Re: Feeding For 1,000 Per Day - How Possible by Premiumbuy(m): 6:26am On Jan 30
Premium Be Unto You

As the inflation increase, learn to increase your earning that's the possible solution I found for now.
Re: Feeding For 1,000 Per Day - How Possible by RepoMan007: 3:31pm On Jan 30
N1000 today is like N420 as of November 2023.

Go and buy raw cassava tubers and palm oil. That amount is not so big.

(1) (Reply)

Plantyou: Scrappy Cooking By Carleigh Bodrug Pdf / More States Get Fed Govt’s Palliatives / Anyone Has Used Coffee Equipments For Sale Or Knows Anyone Selling One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.