Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Resolving Null Reference Exceptions In Football App Development With C# - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Resolving Null Reference Exceptions In Football App Development With C# (74 Views)

Exception Handling In Python | Exceptions In Python | Python Programming / Null Reference Exception Object Reference Not Set To An Instance Of An Object In / LAGOS Professional Training On Web Design&development With Certification.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Resolving Null Reference Exceptions In Football App Development With C# by kaluuue: 9:07pm On Jan 29
I have been working on a football app and I've utilized C# as my primary programming language due to its robustness and versatility in handling large data sets. Recently, however, I have encountered a tricky issue. I am dealing with frequent Null Reference Exceptions which seem to randomly occur when fetching data from my data provider. I am leveraging SportDevs, a new sports data API (https://sportdevs.com/) that provides extensive, real-time data for various sporting disciplines including football. The Null Reference Exception is thrown when I attempt to access properties from the objects that the SportDevs' API returns. Debugging the issue, it seems that the application occasionally fails to assign the retrieved data to the designated objects. The issue had me revisit assumptions about data reliability and error handling in application development with C#.To handle the issues properly, I've added null checking in various parts of my application and implemented error reporting to track when and where these exceptions occur. Yet, despite these efforts, the problem persists. I suspect the issue could be related to either a misunderstanding on my part of how the SportDevs API data should be parsed and assigned, or possibly even a thread timing issue due to the real-time nature of the data.I would be extremely appreciative if any C# developers or individuals who have previously used the SportDev API could chime in with their insights and experiences. How have you dealt with Null Reference Exceptions in your projects? How have you accommodated for the possibility of null values when working with real-time sports data? Any advice or guidance would be enormously helpful in solving this issue and successfully moving forward with the development of my football app.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Software Test Strategy? / pp / Encountering Memory Leak Issues In C# While Fetching Football Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.