Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market (18186 Views)

Naira Hits Record Low Of N1960 /EUR1 At The Black Market / Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market / Naira Hits All-Time Low Of ₦1,152/$1 In Black Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by Zidoh(m): 7:52am On Jan 30
SeeWahala:

This must be sarcasm undecided
You get it ...... grin
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by Zidoh(m): 7:55am On Jan 30
alimiadedayo1:
shut up your smelling mouth keep ranting gibberish
Why are you sad? Can't you see how effective our president is? We thank God that everything will soons tart working and you will enjoy the dividen of true democracy. We thank you for your patient and understanding. More hash decision coming soon to better our beloved nation.
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by anonymous1759(m): 8:10am On Jan 30
pacificom:

BDC are the problem, and find out who are the owners( Hausa ppl ) They will soon buy and hoard the whole dollars disbursed by government to take us to a new level of dollar scarcity. Commercial banks also partner with BDC with intent to maximize their profit instead of selling directly to individual people who need dollars. This problem will continue untill government overhaul the entire process and break the backbone of some greedy brokers.

Well said, all these things you talked about is what people know , even some people criticizing the fall of # in this forum might be amongst those Abokis and bank staffs , managers doing it . but because of hated they turn to the center.

Anyways I don’t give excuses for failure , the only thing I can give is time to implement your policy and achieve it . If by the end of this year # fails to appreciate then the government has failed with the policy , it’s their responsibility to fight everything to make the country good regardless. Dangote refinery is on , Warri and PH will follow suits If all these don’t work then it’s simply their fault
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by femarse: 8:11am On Jan 30
post=128190992:
The implications for businesses, both large and small, are also significant, with potential increases in production costs and challenges in maintaining profitability.  
The solution is addressing fundamental issues that have hindered the effective operation of the Nigerian FX markets over the years and encouraging local productions of goods.

You have run out of explanation....now the obvious is very much on your nose, the implications of an out of hand naira collapse

Even if you can afford everything, corporation are not looking forward to selling stuffs to you alone , they can not maintain equilibrium talkless of profitability, everybody must be able to afford all basic amenities, that way the production companies are running well and economy booming

Buhari and tinubu had only done one thing successfully, destroy the only place we call home

everytime God bless buhari, God bless tinubu , upon all their useless yeye policies and propaganda,continue , let see where it leads , praising very very bad people to make yourself happy or because it's your tribesmen

Basic fundamental economics does not respect all your prayers
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by chidiokay: 8:11am On Jan 30
Tntsi:
Despite the release of half a billion us dollars, the naira continues to crash.

I said here few months that even if tinubu hires angels in this land desecrating mandate, nothing good will come out.

With the way it is now, dollar will hit 2000.
It might even cross over to the year figure digits of 2024.

Tinubu is operating on a cursed mandate. His criminal desecrating desperation mandate has brought dearth on the land.

If Tinubu is patriotic, himself and shettima will resign and run away.

You are just being unreasonable, the Forex biggest challenge at the moment are few Nigerians, people aint engaging in forex for productivity what most players do now is grab, hoard and make easy profit

The govt policies are ineffective cos they are predictable & orthodox in approach until they start thinking outside the box
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by imbless: 8:15am On Jan 30
anonymous1759:
Before weekend naira will bounce back, $500 m was released today to clear backlogs enemies of Nigeria wants dollar to go back to 1k over night , see the bitterness as comments from page 1-4 I would love this country to be divided let everyone go and develop his region. They praise their leaders to be the best yet they can’t stay there and develop it .

When naira bounces back they’ll still give excuses. Before dec when dollar will crash further you all will go back to your vomit 🤮. No be only cursed mandate na stolen mandate . Because you lost an election people will not hear word again everything will turn to bitterness.
Shut up bro!! Who is talking about elections, who is talking about politics? Elections is different from governance, there's hyperinflation in this country, our purchasing power is devaluing, a commodity 100naira can buy a year ago, 150 naira cannot buy it currently, do u know what it even mean? It means that they became poorer by more than 50% under 1 year, It means that that Nigerian are getting poorer everyday!! So you want them to keep shut and soak up the pressure? People in the government are not feeling the heat, the masses are the the ones feeling the hardship.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by chidiokay: 8:20am On Jan 30
post=128190992:
The implications for businesses, both large and small, are also significant, with potential increases in production costs and challenges in maintaining profitability.  
The solution is addressing fundamental issues that have hindered the effective operation of the Nigerian FX markets over the years and encouraging local productions of goods.

And what are the fundamental issues hindering the effective operation of Nigeria Fx market if not human factor

Nigerians are synonymous with overnight wealth and unfortunately for us FX market is the surest money heist in town

Players no longer engaging in FX for productivity,they grab funds, hoard and make yeast profit overnight, why waste my time on productivity when i can make 3 times the gain sleeping on the dollar... thats where we are
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by anonymous1759(m): 8:25am On Jan 30
Blaze14k:

Speaking of dangote refinery I started following his ambition when he wanted to build it at ondo state. The problem I have with u guys is that u tried stealing dangote glory through tinubu. For you to actually depend on dangote refinery to start working before the naira can stable shows that tinubu don't know what he is doing. It's a clear case of using makeup on a rough face. My point is without these industries u mentioned tinubu can't run the economy smoothly. And who told you that dollar can come as low as #900 even if those the refineries start working?

Tinubu is trying but his efforts are not good enough. I was really expecting something so spectacular the way u people hyped him buh I wasn't surprised with what I saw when I did my research on him. No matter how he tries to make the country work people around will bring a bad image to his work cos the foundation he created is filled with bribery and corruption. How can he make a man like bagudu minister of budget and economic planner, a low-key criminal, abacha's finsec. Hmm dey play u people are sitting on a time bomb. The music go play when tinubu is done with his 8yrs

Even dangote refinery u are praising is looking buy American oil and u know what that means, he will sale the end product at international rate to you. You guys should do some research and stop living on ignorance

If you read my comments very well you wouldn’t say this .
I said Dangote, Warri and PH refinery will help the # at least , before we didn’t have any Local refinery working , now 3 will work this year that’s some boost .

Secondly insecurity should be taken seriously so Nigeria can start exporting .
You think it’s easy to just make things work so fast ?

I would like you to tell me the spectacular thing Tinubu should’ve done to appreciate the # .
If you don’t still go back to we’re not an exporting nation , how to do export with these insecurities? If you’re waiting to end insecurity before # will rise you’re on a long thing , there’s no time frame to end insecurity you can only minimize it time after time till it goes away .

It’s only a novice that’ll think Dangote only supplies will come from Nigeria, what Dangote refinery will do is to relieve the pressure to acquire $ to purchase oil if we can cut that the only issue Nigeria will be facing is BDC& banks .
The only thing i can give BAT is time till the end of this year to stabilize if he fails then I know he failed but I won’t start criticizing just for criticizing everyone is feeling heat but that shouldn’t make someone illogical .
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by Phoen1X: 8:29am On Jan 30
post=128191042:

Guess that is good for you but bad....very bad for your people back home.
You are the last person i expected to comment here,...cus you are part of the problem.
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by chidiokay: 8:30am On Jan 30
scally11:
Pounds Don pass#1800 on lemfi and taptap. Now to send money to people in naija takes nothing from me. 260k self no pass 150£. All thanks to bulaba

I doubt you are in UK, most stingy set of Nigerians are in Uk cheesy, they can't joke with 1pounds and they monitor xchange rate more than abokifx

I have recieved dollar and euros from friends but that Pounds cheesy dem no dey gree
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by GreaterFuture(m): 8:32am On Jan 30
ojonugba2014:

My greatest achievement during convid19 na joining crypto stuff

Crypto rate self mad 1$=1,450 (2p2)
Ordinary $100 ( usdt) wea I sell yesterday na #144k+

I pity those not earning in $$ at all .
Joining crypto how??
How are you making money from Crypto...?
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by anonymous1759(m): 8:36am On Jan 30
imbless:

Shut up bro!! Who is talking about elections, who is talking about politics? Elections is different from governance, there's hyperinflation in this country, our purchasing power is devaluing, a commodity 100naira can buy a year ago, 150 naira cannot buy it currently, do u know what it even mean? It means that they became poorer by more than 50% under 1 year, It means that that Nigerian are getting poorer everyday!! So you want them to keep shut and soak up the pressure? People in the government are not feeling the heat, the masses are the the ones feeling the hardship.

People in government are not just elected officials hope you know . They’re everywhere your colleagues at church , mosque, schools and ministries working as Mds even banks are not left out. If you like complain from now till tomorrow it won’t change anything.

I don’t bark at every given thing . Government said they released $500 m on Monday how do you expect that to have effect less than 24 hrs ?
Censoring the media will be good they cause unnecessary tension . All their headlines are misleading just to make profit at the expense of people emotions it’s shameful.

Such Headline should be made on Friday not Monday .
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by cornelman: 8:51am On Jan 30
post=128190992:

You have been saying this for years, even before buhari came in and Tinubu is at the helm now. After 8 years, you're still saying the same thing. What is missing? Who will address it? Why has it not been addressed in the past 8 years or 8 years is too short to address the issue? Is the APC years not the worst in Nigeria history now? If not, mention anytime in history of Nigeria that the economy and security has been this poor?

I'm sorry, I need to ask you these questions in this manner because I know you are a die hard supporter of APC and you defend everything they do, even when it made many people cry. In the past 8 years, I've seen fortune of many hard working and upright who are close reduce drastically. People who are suppose to fulfil potentials are just trying to survive.

Sincerely, Nigerians need to have a rethink, embrace patriotism instead of being partisan and come together to fight for our rights from the elites.

It is well o
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by MN07: 9:07am On Jan 30
But Yoruba people still buy at 180NGN per 1$.

Dollar must hit 10000NGN before the end of his 2nd term.

Yoruba people must suffer.
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by joseph1832(m): 9:33am On Jan 30
Treadway:
this particular record low is in the official market, not parallel market.
what's the difference between official market and parallel market?
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by MN07: 10:17am On Jan 30
anonymous1759:

My concern is the hate spilled my by OBIDIENTs they’re too toxic , quote me back by Friday or sat if the dollar does not crash by the time the $500 m would’ve gone round . You guys crave for bad news so you can call out Tinubu for how long ?

If you can bet the life of your family I will bet with you that this 1$ would be 10000NGN by the end of his 2nd term.

I need people like you and your family including all the Yoruba people that voted for this f001 to die off naturally by starvation.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by MN07: 10:21am On Jan 30
newnigerdelta00:

You are stupid... Tinubu is not the cause of your downfall , dollar rise but yet people are building mansions, your church buying private jets building School with high fees,my Guy go hustle

How many have you bought or built.

Make I no tear you slap idiot
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by kingxsamz(m): 10:51am On Jan 30
The protests all over Nigeria against this Tinubu's useless administration will start like magic. Like a wild fire, it'll start small.
Worse, the useless individual is in Paris doing who knows what, while his country is up in flames. Not once did the dunce visit the victims of the recent tragic events in Plateau state. Only responses you get are from his social media posts (which he didn't type himself). Very useless clown. Finally succeeded in making Nigeria far less inhabitable.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by Blaze14k: 10:59am On Jan 30
anonymous1759:

If you read my comments very well you wouldn’t say this .
I said Dangote, Warri and PH refinery will help the # at least , before we didn’t have any Local refinery working , now 3 will work this year that’s some boost .

Secondly insecurity should be taken seriously so Nigeria can start exporting .
You think it’s easy to just make things work so fast ?

I would like you to tell me the spectacular thing Tinubu should’ve done to appreciate the # .
If you don’t still go back to we’re not an exporting nation , how to do export with these insecurities? If you’re waiting to end insecurity before # will rise you’re on a long thing , there’s no time frame to end insecurity you can only minimize it time after time till it goes away .

It’s only a novice that’ll think Dangote only supplies will come from Nigeria, what Dangote refinery will do is to relieve the pressure to acquire $ to purchase oil if we can cut that the only issue Nigeria will be facing is BDC& banks .
The only thing i can give BAT is time till the end of this year to stabilize if he fails then I know he failed but I won’t start criticizing just for criticizing everyone is feeling heat but that shouldn’t make someone illogical .

It's only a crazy person would take off subsidy and still float the naira at the same time knowing fully well what will happen. Let me make it clear to you taking off subsidy is not a good thing buh because of the criminal nature of our government they can no longer sustain it. I preferred Peter obi's idea cos he made mention cutting cost of governance and also tackling insecurity head on. He also said if we must borrow it should solely be on production. Take a look at the money tinubu borrowed can u see any impact of it anywhere? Did he tell you what he used it for? You must be true to urself first before seeing things with a clear mind and for me it's too obvious tinubu is making some reckless calls.

Did you see when buhari deployed troops to southeast and killed so many people, that is the same way buhari or tinubu should have tackled insecurity elsewhere buh why are they being so reluctant.. who knows😳😳. Terrorist shot down plane, helicopter and killed soldiers buh the army came out and denied such act. I saw the video of these terrorist who killed the soldiers yet no one said anything about it. Have you equally asking yourself why ain't we seeing a significant revenue from gold and other minerals buh all of you put ur focus on oil yet u ignore the problems stirring at you. If it was southeast people will say all manner of hate speech.

Like I said if tinubu is not going to take further strict steps nothing will change infact it will get worse than it is already.
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by SemperFid: 11:22am On Jan 30
post=128190992:

Nobody gives a flying fvck
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by anonymous1759(m): 12:14pm On Jan 30
MN07:

If you can bet the life of your family I will bet with you that this 1$ would be 10000NGN by the end of his 2nd term.

I need people like you and your family including all the Yoruba people that voted for this f001 to die off naturally by starvation.

You’re already sounding like M00r00n. Use your self to place a bet you’re too bitter and irresponsible to make a decision for your family 🤮
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by anonymous1759(m): 12:22pm On Jan 30
MN07:

Just like you said that Obi’s plans is good so does Tinubu on paper , the issue is implementation. From my observation lately decentralization of the country is the only solution. Tinubu can control south west cabal because they speak the same language, likewise any other elite from various regions .
If a leader takes drastic measures against other tribes even if it’s good you’ll hear tribalism.

Look at when Lagos state government was destroying illegal structures They said it’s against the ibos, when same is done in the East you won’t hear noise , when Boko- haram leader was killed under GEJ they said Niaja delta militants were given Amnesty that GEJ is giving them bad treatment the circles goes on until we’ve a regional movement were if things were done either harsh or soft no one will play the tribalism card that’s when things will get better. Every tribe is guilty of tribalism none is spared .
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by babzlim(m): 12:47pm On Jan 30
stuffs4me:

Even if dollar "heat" 5K we will still not vote AdaObi

My broda enjoyment....
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by Image123(m): 12:54pm On Jan 30
They need to monitor the Bureau de change or match them bumper to bumper full floating. Use madness cure madness. If BDC put 1500, put 1500 also. Compete since you are floating. But the best is monitoring. There's too much corruption.
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by khattab02: 2:53pm On Jan 30
Nothing wey we no go suffer for this country.

If it not petrol it is refinery.

If it is not Forex it is backlog.

If it is not food inflation, it is insecurity.

If it is not subsidy it is reviewing minimum wage.

If it is not Pdp it is Apc.

God help us to survive this damning time .

Baba said we should not pity him. But he is not pitying the poor masses.

Policies of sufferings on the people.

How long are we going to continue before relief??
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by SPAMBOX7: 3:29pm On Jan 30
Lol this won't be the first time. In short this is just the beginning. Make una ready as una go read "record low" tire cheesy
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by ogbe88(m): 7:45pm On Jan 30
CoronaVirusPro:

Elections are over!

Move-on!
What a daft
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by ogbe88(m): 7:47pm On Jan 30
I see like a 1966 Coup coming, to sweep away the evil idiots out of power for good.
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by CoronaVirusPro: 7:47pm On Jan 30
ogbe88:
What a daft

Cry me a river!
Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by ogbe88(m): 7:54pm On Jan 30
anonymous1759:

Please tell me one good leader that should be voted for with track records? Aside from NOI , aakinwumi Adeshina, Sanusi which other ones ?
Don’t tell me that packaged Agulu man is what you’re clamoring for I’ll rather stay neutral than vote him .
If u are a youth, then u r pretty foolish.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market by anonymous1759(m): 7:57pm On Jan 30
ogbe88:
If u are a youth, then u r pretty foolish.

Simple question you can’t answer other than insults , who’s the F001ish one here ? Empty barrel , if BAT fails I rather stay neutral than support someone that has no track records , so because youths are f001ishly singing one man’s name I should join the Dance? Only f001ish people follow crowd without thinking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

** / Fire Outbreak Destroys EMAB Trade Centre Plaza,Wuse Abuja(photos) / Woolsworth Set To Exit Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.