Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School (3376 Views)

Kebbi Government Is Partnering The World Fish Programme To Boost Fish Production / FREE BOOK- My Journey To N27,300 Daily Without Capital And How You Too Can Do It / EFCC Recovers N27.7b From Six Banks For Withholding Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by ManirBK: 8:28am On Jan 30
Governor Nasir Idris has approved the payment of
N27,500,000 as tuition and registration fees of 38
Kebbi State indigenes at the law school.
This was contained in a statement signed by the
Commissioner for Justice, Dr. Junaidu Bello
Marshal and released to journalists in Birnin Kebbi
on Monday.

The statement said 28 Bar Part II students will
receive the sum of N750,000 each, while the Bar
Part I students will get the sum of 650,000 each.
“His Excellency’s approval became necessary when
the management of the Nigerian Law School
increased the fees to N476,000 for Bar Part II and
N353,00 for Bar Part I,” the statement also read.
It added that the students, through the Attorney
General and Commissioner for Justice, Dr Junaidu
Bello Marshall, commended the governor for his
gesture and assured his administration of their
resolve to be good ambassadors of the state.

https://dailytrust.com/kebbi-gov-approves-n27-5m-tuition-fees-for-38-indigenes-at-law-school/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by ManirBK: 8:28am On Jan 30
Good development
God bless Kauran Gwandu

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by NSNO(m): 9:03am On Jan 30
This is a good initiative.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by Manny21: 9:03am On Jan 30
That is very proactive. Thanks so much Mr. Governor for this gesture.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by inoki247: 9:05am On Jan 30
Mak dem pack the money give dem to go farm or some SME and provide Security for them....

School school everywhere jobless graduate jus dey litter everywhere...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by MmMaganda(m): 9:05am On Jan 30
Kauran aiki
Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by EEIA: 9:06am On Jan 30
About 723,684 Naira per student. cool

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by DedanKimathi(m): 9:06am On Jan 30
This is commendable, this gestures should be encouraged and sustained. We have the resources to maintain it.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by BarrElChapo(m): 9:06am On Jan 30
Northern states always do this. Kudos to them.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by MmMaganda(m): 9:07am On Jan 30
Laidis laidis, them dn screen students of kebbi indigenes for scholarship 😁
Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by mu2sa2: 9:08am On Jan 30
Good one from the north, worthy of emulation by other states. Without this intervention many of the law graduates from the state will not be able to go to law school due to lack of finance. Imagine, tuition jumping from 250k to 476k in one fell swoop! Even at 250k, many indigent law graduates in the country usually postpone law school for a year or two just to raise the money to pay the tuition.
Kudos to Kebbi state govt.

4 Likes

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by Originalsly: 9:08am On Jan 30
That's good ... hopefully no favoritism nor connections involved. I'm sure there are many more who can't afford ... loans should be made available others.
Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by nairalanda1(m): 9:10am On Jan 30
Originalsly:
That's good ... hopefully no favoritism nor connections involved.

LOL...No.

All they need to do is to just show proof that they are in law school, state government confirms, and then pays the law school.

INfact, won't be surprised if the state has not done all that already.

When i was in university, my state paid me scholarship. All I needed to do was to register, send proof, bingo. Nothing like connections.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by israelmao(m): 9:11am On Jan 30
This is better than using public funds to sponsor mass wedding.
Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by Asazwalingwa: 9:12am On Jan 30
Our governors for Edo state and some south south states prefer to chop d money than to dey helep their people.
When we meet Oshiomole for our own bursary dat time, the guy say no shi,shi.
Obayagbon aka ogodomigodo come dey speak philenty grammar...Kai!

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by ATEAMS: 9:12am On Jan 30
Ommmmohh....

Compensation in motions
Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by Judolisco(m): 9:20am On Jan 30
Nice gesture from d governor .... I remembered how my dad started saving for my sister's law sch fees after her grad... RIP to her

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by Anguldi(m): 9:25am On Jan 30
$27K, make Dem rest Abeg
Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by Anguldi(m): 9:26am On Jan 30
Judolisco:
Nice gesture from d governor .... I remembered how my dad started saving for my sister's law sch fees after her grad... RIP to her
It's well with y'all

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by clockwisereport: 9:26am On Jan 30
27m to produce charge and bail quota system lawyers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by Anguldi(m): 9:27am On Jan 30
nairalanda1:

LOL...No.

All they need to do is to just show proof that they are in law school, state government confirms, and then pays the law school.

When i was in university, my state paid me scholarship. All I needed to do was to register, send proof, bingo. Nothing like connections.
Gombe state will credit you the cash

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by Awesome01(m): 9:42am On Jan 30
israelmao:
This is better than using public funds to sponsor mass wedding.

Kudos to the Governor of Kebbi State for both the Tuition and the Mass wedding. At least he did something for his people.

What can you point to concerning your State Governor, what has he done to impact lifes of people in his state? I hope you can pinpoint something sha. Because in Ogun state, there is nothing to write about o. Money just dey disappear with nothing to show or say for it.
Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by Originalsly: 10:37am On Jan 30
nairalanda1:

LOL...No.

Ok .... was just wondering ... knowing how things usually work... like the indicted law lecturer that admitted 37 students but only 8 met the requirements. Now my other wondering .... on graduating.... are the recipients required to serve in the State? .... and ehmmm .... did you?
Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by seguno2: 11:06am On Jan 30
ManirBK:

https://dailytrust.com/kebbi-gov-approves-n27-5m-tuition-fees-for-38-indigenes-at-law-school/

How sensible is this priority for spending Kebbi people’s commonwealth, if all their children are not in free primary, secondary and vocational schools with adequate teachers and other staff

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by Demigod22: 11:30am On Jan 30
This is really commendable. It still baffles me, how we have resources but these people choose to impoverished the masses.

How I wish the Kogi new governor can start something like this for his people.
Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by jattopeter(m): 2:13pm On Jan 30
Are you serious sir, this our country eah.
nairalanda1:

LOL...No.

Re: Kebbi Government Approves N27.5 Mill Tuition Fees For 38 Indigenes At Law School by Kevinbright: 2:52pm On Jan 30
I hope the Southern states governors would read meanings to this and wake up.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Regional Distributors For Blue Storm Energy Drink In Nigeria / Amazonmerch Group / Double Money With Bet 365 Builders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.