Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Which Private University Has The Best Halls Of Residence - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Private University Has The Best Halls Of Residence (483 Views)

Edo State Polytechnic Expels 2 Students Caught Having Sex In Lecture Halls / Covenant University Has The Best Fashionistas (Photos) / Which Nigerian University Has The Best Part Time Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Private University Has The Best Halls Of Residence by rasputinn(m): 10:35am On Jan 30
Hello Nairalanders, I have a son currently studying at Covenant University Ota. As most people already know, the school has zero tolerance level for some of the malaise prevalent in most other universities in Nigeria, especially the public ones and most other private ones. Practices such as sexual harassment, indecent/wayward dressing , sex for marks, cultism etc, apart from their quite high academic standard, the above reasons are also some of the things that endeared the school to my heart.

However, I'm appalled at the poor hygienic and maintenance condition of their halls of residence, especially the ones for the boys . To think that these halls are subjected to pressure of use, almost all year round, yet no thought is given for their comprehensive face lift, is really appalling. These same halls are used by the church that owns the school for their yearly Shiloh programme, yet it is not maintained.

Now another of my sons about to graduate from college has said he doesnt want to attend that school, because of the lack of maintenance of their halls of residence.

This is why Ii decided to come here and ask for those who can shed light on the private Universities in Nigeria that have the best halls of residence and that are reasonably okay with their behavioral ethics ; no cultism etc
Re: Which Private University Has The Best Halls Of Residence by TINTINABULATION(m): 10:42am On Jan 30
The 1st Paragraph is the crux of the matter, let your boy endure the other. There is no point living in beautiful hostel and turning out bad. However, if u turn out exceptionally good, no one cares where you might have resided. We lived in worst apartments during our university days. God bless all parents!

1 Like

Re: Which Private University Has The Best Halls Of Residence by EEIA: 10:44am On Jan 30
I will do a thorough research and get back to you.

He also needs a school that will give him the liberty to sow his wild oats while he is young.

Expect to hear from me soon. cool
Re: Which Private University Has The Best Halls Of Residence by rasputinn(m): 12:43pm On Jan 30
TINTINABULATION:
The 1st Paragraph is the crux of the matter, let your boy endure the other. There is no point living in beautiful hostel and turning out bad. However, if u turn out exceptionally good, no one cares where you might have resided. We lived in worst apartments during our university days. God bless all parents!

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate
Re: Which Private University Has The Best Halls Of Residence by rasputinn(m): 12:45pm On Jan 30
EEIA:
I will do a thorough research and get back to you.

He also needs a school that will give him the liberty to sow his wild oats while he is young.

Expect to hear from me soon. cool

I thankfully await your response, you can leave out the wild oats aspect though , it's not part of the "core values" they seek
Re: Which Private University Has The Best Halls Of Residence by PinkNature: 6:48am On Jan 31
Convenant university is the best Nigeria has to offer.

Your son's should be very happy for the privilege. They should opt for exclusive hostels, but it will be more expensive.
Re: Which Private University Has The Best Halls Of Residence by rasputinn(m): 11:24am On Feb 01
PinkNature:
Convenant university is the best Nigeria has to offer.

Your son's should be very happy for the privilege. They should opt for exclusive hostels, but it will be more expensive.

Do they have exclusive hostels in Covenant university ?, I thought it was only general hostels. If they have such, I don't think I would want that for my sons, let them stay where their mates are staying, just only that the university authorities should give the halls a face lift and make them more healthy in look and appearance

(1) (Reply)

Career Opportunity / Unilag Post Ume Question Available: Contact Me Immediately / Unad Prospective Student Post Ur Jamb Score Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.