Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,421 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

False Accusation, Please Help - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / False Accusation, Please Help (377 Views)

False Accusation Of Theft: New Fraud In Town / Rape: Izu Madubueze Reads Suicide Note Before Killing Self Over False Accusation / Samuel Nkennaya Killed In South Africa Over False Accusation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

False Accusation, Please Help by SoCalm: 1:57pm On Jan 30
Please help.
My husband is currently being investigated for fraud which he did not commit.

Okay what happened is that a police officer called my husband saying that my he is under investigation for fraudulently transferring money to his palmpay account and is being tracked.

The police officer went on to share files that show that they have been tracking my husband since April last year.

My husband swears he does not have a palmpay account.
Obviously someone used his bvn to open a palmpay account last year, transferred money to the palmpay account and withdrew it.

How do we address this please?
Re: False Accusation, Please Help by stacyadams: 3:24pm On Jan 30
SoCalm:
Please help.

Okay what happened is that a police officer called my husband saying that my he is under investigation for fraudulently transferring money to his palmpay account and is being tracked.

The police officer went on to share files that show that they have been tracking my husband since April last year.

Obviously someone used his bvn to open a palmpay account last year, transferred money to the palmpay account and withdrew it.

How much is involved?
Re: False Accusation, Please Help by SoCalm: 4:17pm On Jan 30
stacyadams:

How much is involved?
Six hundred thousand
Re: False Accusation, Please Help by youngrichnigga: 7:27pm On Jan 30
Get a lawyer to query PalmPay on the account and why it has your husband's BVN and NIN as a start point. Whatever response you get on the inquiry can be used to fence off the police in the meantime. undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: False Accusation, Please Help by infocentre: 2:27pm On Jan 31
SoCalm:
Please help.

I had to login for this...

Your story is not complete. Will you be kind enough to be more elaborate?

1) How did you ascertain it's actually a police officer that contacted you?

2) Did he call? If yes, how was your number gotten?

3) Those files shared, are you sure it's not doctored?

Pls, be extra vigilant these days o. I will advise your hubby to contact his account officer on official visit. Kindly request from him/her list of account numbers associated with your BVN (court order might be needed).

That's the first step even before contacting palmpay as advised above

1 Like

Re: False Accusation, Please Help by SoCalm: 3:39pm On Jan 31
infocentre:

I had to login for this...

Your story is not complete. Will you be kind enough to be more elaborate?

1) How did you ascertain it's actually a police officer that contacted you?

2) Did he call? If yes, how was your number gotten?

3) Those files shared, are you sure it's not doctored?

Pls, be extra vigilant these days o. I will advise your hubby to contact his account officer on official visit. Kindly request from him/her list of account numbers associated with your BVN (court order might be needed).

That's the first step even before contacting palmpay as advised above

We cannot say for sure if he’s a police officer. He only stated his name and his division.

No he did not call, he contacted my husband through WhatsApp. The WhatsApp num is off but someone can reach my husband via WhatsApp.

The file is a statement of account of the palmpay account. We checked the palmpay account and truly it carries my husband’s full details.

Thanks
Re: False Accusation, Please Help by loffyloffy: 4:02am On Feb 02
Go to the bank..independently verify the info he is presenting to you.

Go to your own bank.

The guy is a fraudster

(1) (Reply)

Drama As 2 Nigerian Men Engage In BRUTAL Road FIGHT Breaking Each Other Car Scre / I Need Help With Easemoni Loan / Court Sentences Man, 18, To 4 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N28,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.