Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,518 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Shouldn't Nigerians Sue Telcos For Data Breach?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Shouldn't Nigerians Sue Telcos For Data Breach?? (575 Views)

Iranian Hackers Targeting Telcos In Nigeria, NCC Warns / Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shouldn't Nigerians Sue Telcos For Data Breach?? by Enn214(m): 4:17pm On Jan 30
I visited Glo office in my area today over threat messages of blocking my lines over NIN linkage...
I have 2 glo lines. One was bought around 2005, and registered when Nigerians were asked to register their lines, and BVN, NIN were also linked later...

The second line was bought later when I changed my phone and couldn't insert the big sim, so I just had to get a smaller sim... It was also registered and linked..

Today, I was surprised to hear that my first line I bought around 2005 was pre-registered in 2015 with someone else's identity, that I have to get an affidavit to reclaim it...
The registration was done in the same glo office...

How do you think Nigerians shl handle this issue with telcos?

Lalasticlala, mynd44, oga seun

5 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Sue Telcos For Data Breach?? by solmusdesigns: 4:19pm On Jan 30
Happens every where .. an Indian uses my Du UAE line

It's sim recycling

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Sue Telcos For Data Breach?? by Enn214(m): 4:21pm On Jan 30
solmusdesigns:
Happens every where .. an Indian uses my Du UAE line

It's sim recycling
Check the dates.. I have been with it since 2005, how can someone else register it in 2015

4 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Sue Telcos For Data Breach?? by solmusdesigns: 4:22pm On Jan 30
Enn214:

Check the dates.. I have been with it since 2005, how can someone else register it in 2015

They have 3 months validity period

Am not holding brief for them sha. Let them get sued

3 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Sue Telcos For Data Breach?? by MyExpression(m): 5:03pm On Jan 30
solmusdesigns:

They have 3 months validity period

Am not holding brief for them sha. Let them get sued

Exactly what was told when I tried retrieving my line.
Seems they were counting time for me.
Barely 4months and someone else was already using my number,meanwhile I'm still holding my sim pack with all details.
Registration that I did in glo office Aba.

When crime happens, atleast we can be exonerated with their data shipment policy

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Sue Telcos For Data Breach?? by Enn214(m): 9:24pm On Jan 30
...some time ago around 2021 during covid, I loaded hundred naira on that line and used it to call before switching the sim. A week later when I tried using the number, I realized it had been deactivated..

I angrily went to their office, and ended up buying N2k recharge card before it was restored with my identity card...

Going by this too, how come today they re saying someone else registered it in 2015?? Would they restore my line if it wasn't my name that was there??

2 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Sue Telcos For Data Breach?? by Enn214(m): 9:24pm On Jan 30
Lalasticlala
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Sue Telcos For Data Breach?? by Woodshot: 9:42am On Jan 31
Enn214:
Lalasticlala

Lol. Why are you calling Lala? Haven't you noticed paucity of snake threads for long time now. Seun sacked him very long time ago.
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Sue Telcos For Data Breach?? by CHRISTFUCKER: 1:04pm On Jan 31
Blame Nigerian data and privacy laws

They're way too shitty to the extent telcos and loan apps do anyhow

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me On How To Edit Or Customize Opera Mini Pls I Need Ur Help O / N82 For 17k / I Will Like To Contact Importer Of Phone Accessories In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.