Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Has The Tech Bubble Bust? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Has The Tech Bubble Bust? (1513 Views)

The Tech Bro Pandemic ! They Are So Annoying ! / Bubble.io / My Journey In The Tech World Is The Most Disastrous And Roughest Part... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by incogni2o: 4:32pm On Feb 04
Soo what's the next big thing.

Sincerely speaking, job posts have significantly decreased, unless it's only me noticing it.

If it's just about reducing cost, then, remote work gigs should have continued to spike, but I don't think that's the case.

Personally, I don't think it's AI yet, It could be, but I can't see that.

It could also be due to reduced VC funding.
Or maybe Jobs aren't posted publicly again
Or something else
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by Alphabyte2: 4:54pm On Feb 04
Corporations and the government are investing billions of dollars in AI . AI Jobs are now highest paid in programming and the competition is growing daily . The potential of AI in transforming industries, improving efficiency and delivering personalized experiences has captured the attention of businesses globally. From tech giants like Google, Amazon, and Microsoft to traditional industries like healthcare, finance, and manufacturing, products/services companies across various sectors are investing significant resources into AI technology. If you noticed you will know that researchers are improving findings in different fields.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by Davidcorny: 11:06pm On Feb 04
tosinhtml:

You don't know anything about the tech industry job market & that comment you made is pure fallacy. Not only are you a rookie, but you are also ignorant and proud about it..

People are losing their jobs in the numbers, Principal & Staff engineers in top companies are losing their jobs not because they are incompetent but because the share holders are trying to reduce the number of staff head count. They are randomly selecting teams that are working on projects that they think might not be important to overall company's profit margin. I have mentors that are in job market now with 15 years experience laid off, and are looking for jobs.

The cloudfare lady got fired not because of incompetence, she was hired during the festive periods, as a sales person you cannot close deals during this period because companies reach the end of their budget in December. The new financial year starts in January or February for most companies. Cloudfare did not even give her any reason for laying her off because they have no reason.

Andela as a company has lost most of their gigs, companies in the US are moving away from remote work in Africa. A lot of experienced devs left with no jobs. Other agencies like Toptal are experiencing decline too.

So trust me, you don't know 1% of what you're saying at all.

All this write-up are emotionally driven, I'm not saying people aren't being fired, I'm saying there is still a hunt for good developers/programmers by companies, those big tech companies can afford to let go of thousands because of the economy but not other businesses like banks, small-online shops etc.

One more thing, I'm not out to prove to someone there are jobs when they could just open the several online job boards and see them, this will be my last comment to you all so do relax with your fear mongering.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by qtguru(m): 11:09pm On Feb 04
Davidcorny:
All this write-up are[b] emotionally driven[/b], I'm not saying people aren't being fired, I'm saying there is still a hunt for good developers/programmers by companies, those big tech companies can afford to let go of thousands because of the economy but not other businesses like banks, small-online shops etc.

One more thing, I'm not out to prove to someone there are jobs when they could just open the several online job boards and see them, this will be my last comment to you all so do relax with your fear mongering.

More like fact driven. There are still jobs though, just that recruitment is going to be hell, however I think people stand more chances on their own, but that's another tough road not for everyone.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by tosinhtml: 11:27pm On Feb 04
Davidcorny:
All this write-up are emotionally driven, I'm not saying people aren't being fired, I'm saying there is still a hunt for good developers/programmers by companies, those big tech companies can afford to let go of thousands because of the economy but not other businesses like banks, small-online shops etc.

Stop spreading mis-information bro, this was what you said below & I quote:

You used the word: overpaid, under delivering, not programmers, she didn't meet quota.

Davidcorny:
If you know the hunt for programmers by companies you'll know those laid off were either because they were being overpaid and under delivering or not programmers.

Take the lady that was laid off and went viral for recording it, she was a "tech worker" in sales department of cloudflare, they had hired her 2 months ago to make sales, she didn't meet quota and got laid off.

Bottom line is that you don't know what you are saying.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:28am On Feb 05
tosinhtml:

You don't know anything about the tech industry job market & that comment you made is pure fallacy. Not only are you a rookie, but you are also ignorant and proud about it..

People are losing their jobs in the numbers, Principal & Staff engineers in top companies are losing their jobs not because they are incompetent but because the share holders are trying to reduce the number of staff head count. They are randomly selecting teams that are working on projects that they think might not be important to overall company's profit margin. I have mentors that are in job market now with 15 years experience laid off, and are looking for jobs.

The cloudfare lady got fired not because of incompetence, she was hired during the festive periods, as a sales person you cannot close deals during this period because companies reach the end of their budget in December. The new financial year starts in January or February for most companies. Cloudfare did not even give her any reason for laying her off because they have no reason.

Andela as a company has lost most of their gigs, companies in the US are moving away from remote work in Africa. A lot of experienced devs left with no jobs. Other agencies like Toptal are experiencing decline too.

Andela is always sending me messages on linkedin here in latin america. When I dey Nigeria dey pursue them, they no even send my papa.
You are right a lot of companies are moving from remote work in africa. Its shocking that companies will even prefer to hire people hire and teach them english than to hire people in Nigeria that can speak english already.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by qtguru(m): 12:34am On Feb 05
tensazangetsu20:

Andela is always sending me messages on linkedin here in latin america. When I dey Nigeria dey pursue them, they no even send my papa.
You are right a lot of companies are moving from remote work in africa. Its shocking that companies will even prefer to hire people hire and teach them english than to hire people in Nigeria that can speak english already.

Exactly here in Malta there are jobs.......................BUT if they sack you, you have 10 DAYS to leave the country, so it's better to be a nomad.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by lastkingsman: 4:34am On Feb 05
tensazangetsu20:

Mexico should be a nice destination then. Which options are available for someone in UK currently doing MSc migrating to Mexico? Trying to have plan B and C.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by lastkingsman: 4:35am On Feb 05
tosinhtml:

Wakanda forever ♾️
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:27am On Feb 05
lastkingsman:

Mexico should be a nice destination then. Which options are available for someone in UK currently doing MSc migrating to Mexico? Trying to have plan B and C.

Either giving birth or going to study or if you can find a company in mexico to give you a visa sponsorship.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by Just123: 4:20pm On Feb 05
tensazangetsu20:

You can learn farming. AI will never take over there.

Good day boss, which course on Udemy will you recommend for someone that wants to learn Java?

Cc Hannania, qtguru
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by qtguru(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05
Just123:

Good day boss, which course on Udemy will you recommend for someone that wants to learn Java?

Cc Hannania, qtguru

Don't spend that money use Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsyeobzWxl7pe_IiTfNyr55kwJPWbgxB5

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by Hannania(m): 6:19pm On Feb 05
Just123:

Cc Hannania, qtguru
You can use any free resource to learn the syntax and semantics of Java. To build projects, you can do two things:

1. Get a work through video and hardcode it, then build something similar with that intuition

2. Go through GitHub and look for promising projects, use documentation to read and understand the code, then try to build something similar (not exactly). You'll meet bugs, but it will solidify your basics

3. Use the two skills learnt above to build something entirely from your intuition. A replica of an app, website, API etc. More bugs here, but better results

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by SIXFEETUNDER: 6:21pm On Feb 05
qtguru:

This !!!!!!

Subscribe to DurgaSoft Java tutorial on YT

1 Like

Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by studyless123: 6:47pm On Feb 05
qtguru:

More like fact driven. There are still jobs though, just that recruitment is going to be hell, however I think people stand more chances on their own, but that's another tough road not for everyone.

What that guy wrote is a blanket statement. It's similar to saying there are jobs in Nigeria. Davidcorny is living in the past and he's nor in touch with the present state of things. 5 years ago this company will struggle to get interns to fill their slot but now look at the number of applicants in just one week. Even if you're a good programmer you will struggle to get interviews because of the large number of applications.

Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by studyless123: 6:58pm On Feb 05
tosinhtml:

It's tough even in the US. The good thing is the return to site policy & closing remote operations have open up more opportunities. Many companies are pushing for hybrid/in-person and so those with multiple jobs are resigning and opening up the space for others. A company just closed it's remote operations in the Philippines and that gave rise to job openings in the US. Remote jobs will be very difficult unlike during the pandemic.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by qtguru(m): 7:04pm On Feb 05
studyless123:

What that guy wrote is a blanket statement. It's similar to saying there are jobs in Nigeria. Davidcorny is living in the past and he's nor in touch with the present state of things. 5 years ago this company will struggle to get interns to fill their slot but now look at the number of applicants in just one week. Even if you're a good programmer you will struggle to get interviews because of the large number of applications.

I was referring to tosinhtml statement as fact driven. Guy the tech industry is tough, even me outside of Nigeria is facing constant rejection. Never seen anything like this. I'm just holding on to freelance

2 Likes

Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by Excallibur(m): 7:24pm On Feb 05
One of the major reasons for the mass layoffs of last year was due to mass employment rate due to the pandemic that made people very reliant on tech due to the lock down
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by studyless123: 7:40pm On Feb 05
qtguru:

I was referring to tosinhtml statement as fact driven. Guy the tech industry is tough, even me outside of Nigeria is facing constant rejection. Never seen anything like this. I'm just holding on to freelance

I got you. You're an experienced professional and will always be a valuable asset to any organization. The attitude is to always maintain a positive spirit.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by Just123: 9:32pm On Feb 05
Hannania:
You can use any free resource to learn the syntax and semantics of Java. To build projects, you can do two things:

1. Get a work through video and hardcode it, then build something similar with that intuition

2. Go through GitHub and look for promising projects, use documentation to read and understand the code, then try to build something similar (not exactly). You'll meet bugs, but it will solidify your basics

3. Use the two skills learnt above to build something entirely from your intuition. A replica of an app, website, API etc. More bugs here, but better results

Thanks boss. I asked for a yard but you decided to give me a mile, God or any entity you believe in will continue to bless you. I'm very grateful sir. Thanks again boss.

1 Like

Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by Just123: 9:35pm On Feb 05
qtguru:

I really appreciate boss. Thanks
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by Alphabyte2: 4:59pm On Feb 08
It is alarming that OpenAI is shifting its focus towards developing software that can operate devices and automate tasks. This move signifies a shift in the AI battleground, indicating that OpenAI is directing its efforts towards creating practical applications for artificial intelligence.

This change in strategy suggests that OpenAI aims to move beyond just developing powerful AI models and instead focus on deploying AI in real-world scenarios. By developing software that can operate devices and automate tasks, OpenAI aims to create AI-powered systems that can assist in various domains, such as healthcare, manufacturing, and more.

This move aligns with OpenAI's mission to ensure that artificial general intelligence (AGI) benefits all of humanity. By building practical AI software, OpenAI can make AI more accessible and useful to a wider range of industries and individuals.

OpenAI's shift towards developing software for operating devices and automating tasks reflects its desire to bring AI out of the research and development phase and into practical use, thereby expanding the impact of AI in everyday life.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by tosinhtml: 6:07pm On Feb 08
studyless123:

I think the huge numbers seen here is because it's an internship job, many newbies are currently trying to get into tech. I just checked Home Depot tech jobs in Atlanta GA now & most of their jobs created 1 Week ago are not up to 100 applications.

1 Like

Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by airsaylongcome: 2:14pm On Feb 09
tensazangetsu20:

I go need some connect for your time zone. I Dey find residential IP for my self hosted VPN. Some jobs wey I dey hustle dey restrict location to SA (not South Africa)
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:28pm On Feb 09
airsaylongcome:

I go need some connect for your time zone. I Dey find residential IP for my self hosted VPN. Some jobs wey I dey hustle dey restrict location to SA (not South Africa)

Message me on telegram na.
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by YoobaNesan: 10:02am On Mar 13
When we tell ignorant Nigerian tech bros about the reality of things, they rather argue than accept reality once their survival is been threatened.
@tensazangetsu, come defend your ppl oo!
Re: Has The Tech Bubble Bust? by YoobaNesan: 10:03am On Mar 13
When we tell ignorant Nigerian tech bros about the reality of things, they rather argue than accept reality once their survival is been threatened.
DEVIN AI

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.cnbctv18.com/technology/meet-devin-the-world-first-ai-software-engineer-that-debugs-writes-and-deploys-code-19259531.htm/amp&ved=2ahUKEwiBv-TS8PCEAxXlQkEAHXtoC-QQFnoECDkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1SRNqx-EVRVou-TR0b2zOZ
@tensazangetsu, come defend your ppl oo!

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Are The Robots Coming? / Any Netbeans User To Help Me Out Of This Hook. / Share Your Mobile Phone Application Made By You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.