Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah (1415 Views)

CBN Disburses ₦791 Billion To 3 Million Farmers / Whistleblowing: Sagay Says FG Recovered ₦594.09 Billion, 791 Cases In 3 Years / Sokoto To Replace Almajiri With Indonesian Pondok Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by chopnaira: 4:41pm On Jan 30
Copied:

Serious countries of the world float their currencies. It's madness and an abnormally that Nigeria is defending the Naira with US dollars in the first instance. Defending naira with scarce forex reserve is senseless and we have been doing that for decades. It's living a fake economic lifestyle.

South Africa, US, Australia, Canada, and many major economies of the world float their currencies.

There is no magic wand to immediately fix the naira. Government policy have both long term and short term effect.

Fix: Nigeria should gear towards an export based economy and move away from importing human hair, toothpick, ponmo and all sort of rubbish foreign product.

Indonesia and Nigeria started around the same time, in the 1970s, Indonesia floated its currency. Now it's an export based economy with almost 150 billion dollar in it's reserve. Indonesia is aslo a developed country and is one of the Asian Tigers.

Indonesia is the 16th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).

Copied...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Enugurangers: 4:49pm On Jan 30
To move to exporting other commodities aside oil e.g. agriculture in a bid to become a truly based economy, government needs to fix insecurity as well.

1 Like

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Omihanifa: 4:50pm On Jan 30
People should forget about this export issue, the truth is nigeria can't export much until we fix infrastructure. How can you export when there no light to manufacture or polish raw materials?

7 Likes

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Enugurangers: 4:51pm On Jan 30
Omihanifa:
People should forget about this export issue, the truth is nigeria can't export much until we fix infrastructure. How can you export when there no light to manufacture or polish raw materials?

I agree, but infrastructure needs money. I would rather the government spend the almost $20 billion a year in defending the naira on infrastructure like power. That would go a long way and we can even export technology as a result.

4 Likes

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by abhosts(m): 4:52pm On Jan 30
Government of propaganda is always on overdrive to deceive and confuse. They would urinate on you but send their lackeys to convince you that it is raining.

Exchange rate is not the sole metric that you use to judge the vibrancy of an economy. A Major gauge on any economy is the median salary of workers in that economy. The average annual salary of the Indonesian worker is 140 Million Indonesian Rupiah which is equivalent to $10,000USD while the median annual salary for graduates in Nigeria is N3,000,000 or $2,100. That means the average Indonesian employee earns about N14,000,000 annually. Please answer this simple question, is their economy not far better than that of Nigeria despite a weaker currency? Is N14,000,000 the average annual salary of workers in Nigeria?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Sctests: 4:56pm On Jan 30
Agbados have been ordered to go online and prepare your pliable minds for the free fall of the naira. grin

The dollar will be N10,000 before the end of the year. grin

Good deal for people like me earning forex from outside the country.

As a Medical Scientist practising in Australia, I welcome the free fall of the naira. E favour me and my family. grin

Agbados should not be allowed to leave the country. They must enjoy the economic dividend of emilokan.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by opamoses1: 4:59pm On Jan 30
Sctests:
Agbados have been ordered to go online and prepare your minds for the free fall of the naira. grin

The dollar will be N10,000 before the end of the year. grin

Good deal for people like earning forex from outside the country.

As a Medical Scientist practising in Australia, I welcome the free fall of the naira. E favour me and my family. grin

Agbados should not be allowed to leave the country. They must enjoy the economic dividend of emilokan.
I also live abroad and practice as a professional, it favours me as well, but I don't gloat and laugh at those in Nigeria. What's wrong with you?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by opamoses1: 5:01pm On Jan 30
The government needs to tax the hell out of unnecessary product people import to Nigeria. Only necessities should be allowed. This would help reduce the addiction.

So many forms used in subsidizing the dollar e.t.c form A, form Q, this form, that form. We are so addicted to US dollars that even my retired mum in Nigeria prefers that I send her dollars into her domiciliary account over the naira.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Dotherightthing: 5:01pm On Jan 30
opamoses1:

I also live abroad, it favours me as well but I don't gloat and laugh at those in Nigeria. What's wrong with you?

We earn dollars here too tongue And it makes more sense than being abroad. To God be the glory. smiley

All the same, I am not happy with the Naira's woes embarassed

1 Like

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by BeninRefugees: 5:01pm On Jan 30
Whataboutism at best
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by opamoses1: 5:03pm On Jan 30
Dotherightthing:

We earn dollars here too tongue And it makes more sense than being abroad. To God be the glory. smiley

All the same, I am not happy with the Naira's woes embarassed
Okay bro. Its a serious matter ooo.
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Tochi360: 5:05pm On Jan 30
opamoses1:

I also live abroad and practice as a professional, it favours me as well, but I don't gloat and laugh at those in Nigeria. What's wrong with you?

All I know is it wil never be well with the households of those who curse Jona but support this Apc disaster We have at hand.

Apc is the most effective death trap to small scale businesses in Nija.

Normal normal e no suppose better for anybody wey dey support this Apc disaster .
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by opamoses1: 5:07pm On Jan 30
Tochi360:

All I know is it wil never be well with the households of those who curse Jona but support this Apc disaster We have at hand.

Apc is the most effective death trap to small scale businesses in Nija.

Normal normal e no suppose better for anybody wey dey support this Apc disaster .
I know people that made away with money like bandits during GEJ era.

Politicians in power are one and the same. There is no difference between APC, PDP, Labour or NNPP. Nigerian politicians have no ideology. Hence they move around the parties like prostitutes. Alot of those politician exposed people as well like aishat yesufu were busy promoting Buhari back then.

Did you see the labour party senators and house of representatives members reject the SUVs bought for them with scarce dollars?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Seefinish: 5:09pm On Jan 30
Very soon Bulaberians will soon compare our naira to Zimbabwe's dollar
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Oghene86: 5:11pm On Jan 30
chopnaira:
Copied:

Copied...

But they have regular Power supply, wonderful infrastructures, though they are as corrupt as Nigeria 😂
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by opamoses1: 5:15pm On Jan 30
Oghene86:

But they have regular Power supply, wonderful infrastructures, though they are as corrupt as Nigeria 😂
I did not even know they are corrupt too. I thought they had tough criminal laws for thieving politicians.
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by mrvitalis(m): 5:19pm On Jan 30
chopnaira:
Copied:

Copied...
Like Peter Obi said oga exchange rate is never the problem... Stability of the exchange rate is the main issue

The economy is not suffering because naira is 1500 to a dollar... It's suffering because the exchange rate is unstable

How is this difficult to understand

2 Likes

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by HenryTimes: 5:39pm On Jan 30
I no wan talk grin
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Melagros(m): 5:50pm On Jan 30
COMRADES, we don't have leaders in Nigeria, what we have are bunch of motherfvckers, blind leaders, all of them. Nothing else

1 Like

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by chrisxxx(m): 5:55pm On Jan 30
All these exports comments are excuses of a defeated people. What do Bahrain and Oman export that makes their currencies stronger than most countries?
When we had a relatively better exchange rate what were we exporting?
Those truth is that Tinubu has bastardized the economy beyond his grasp.

1 Like

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Goodvibes007: 6:11pm On Jan 30
Nigeria is broke due to mismanagement. We don't have dollars to defend the naira anymore. The party is over.

1 Like

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Goodvibes007: 6:12pm On Jan 30
Melagros:
COMRADES, we don't have leaders in Nigeria, what we have are bunch of motherfvckers, blind leaders, all of them. Nothing else
You are right.

1 Like

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by nairalanda1(m): 6:17pm On Jan 30
chrisxxx:
All these exports comments are excuses of a defeated people. What do Bahrain and Oman export that makes their currencies stronger than most countries?
When we had a relatively better exchange rate what were we exporting?
Those truth is that Tinubu has bastardized the economy beyond his grasp.

Bahrain produces approx 65000 barrels per day for 1.4 million people.Oman produces 1.1 million barrels a day for a population of 4.5 million people.

NIgeria produces 1.7 million barrels, and the revenue has to be shared among 220 million people.

That is why they can afford to defend their currency better than nigeria. Better per capita income.

Nigeria's problem, and why Tinubu is a bad leader, is that we don't diversify our economy. The oil we see is not enough to satisfy our population of 200 million people. That is why if we had done like China and SOuth Korea and Japan had done and become an exporter of manufactured goods and services..we would have been earning far more money than we have now.

Some of you would come and say I am a tinubu supporter. I am not. Tinubu is doing nothing to earn us more currency, which is why we are in the position we are.

2 Likes

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Acidosis(m): 6:54pm On Jan 30
opamoses1:

If those in Nigeria won't have sense, please laugh. That laughter will, in fact, provoke them to demand what is rightfully theirs.
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Gadafii: 6:59pm On Jan 30
The same people that defended gazelle gagaraga are defending this poor performance of naira, comparing it to Indonesia 🇮🇩

What is the minimum wages in those countries you quoted to have floated their currencies compared to Nigeria, what do they produce and export, etc compared to Nigeria

You just received your monthly agbado 30k stipend and you bought data of N500 to come and defend nonsense

1 Like

Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Ezmans: 8:00pm On Jan 30
chopnaira:
Copied:

Copied...
under 8 years of APC can you tell us how many companies that have close in nigeria
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by Bullfallo(m): 8:09pm On Jan 30
Its not just the dollars l. I dont know why you people so much focus in the dollars.

Naira is performing poorly to all currency in the world. Something is wrong somewhere. Even the cefa overtake the naira.
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by chrisxxx(m): 8:16pm On Jan 30
nairalanda1:

Bahrain produces approx 65000 barrels per day for 1.4 million people.Oman produces 1.1 million barrels a day for a population of 4.5 million people.

NIgeria produces 1.7 million barrels, and the revenue has to be shared among 220 million people.

That is why they can afford to defend their currency better than nigeria. Better per capita income.

Nigeria's problem, and why Tinubu is a bad leader, is that we don't diversify our economy. The oil we see is not enough to satisfy our population of 200 million people. That is why if we had done like China and SOuth Korea and Japan had done and become an exporter of manufactured goods and services..we would have been earning far more money than we have now.

Some of you would come and say I am a tinubu supporter. I am not. Tinubu is doing nothing to earn us more currency, which is why we are in the position we are.
Thanks for this explanation however population is not always all about demerits.
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by jaytimeo: 8:52pm On Jan 30
Indonesia is a highly industrialized nation that may not need as much technology transfer as Nigerians.
Re: 1 USD Dollar Equals 15,791.55 Indonesian Rupiah by OgaTheTop2: 8:59pm On Jan 30
Still, Indonesia is more developed than Nigeria with all-rounder basic amenities and infrastructures. Walahi, there are self induced slavery in Nigeriacheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saw This Face In Dream What Does It Mean? / If most of you say no to rotational presidency; what is the solution? / The Nigerian Police Brutality Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.