Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council (13586 Views)

Vice President Osinbajo Inaugurates The National Road Safety Advisory Council / Ambode’s Road & Transport Legacy Being Destroyed Even Before His Exit / Two Die As Lola Ashiru Escapes Assassination In Kwara (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Coldspice: 5:19pm On Jan 30
wink2015:

You are correct in stating the facts.

Nigeria government is good at creating muchroom ministry to squander public funds and loot from it.

He say na muchroom

Poor in reasoning and spelling
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by ClearFlair: 5:21pm On Jan 30
U09ce:
This bill is long awaited. How logical is it that the most patronised transport sector(road ) is largely unregulated! The aviation industry has NCAA, maritime has NIMASA and NIWA but road transport has nothing. Commercial road transporters should be certified before they are allowed to haul passengers and goods. Tonnage of trailers and tankers should be regulated.

Certified by who. Let the certifier show credible certifications
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by izubext007: 5:23pm On Jan 30
They want to legalize agbero πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by sleekpro(m): 5:28pm On Jan 30
Abgoro raise to the power 2
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by MyExpression(m): 5:29pm On Jan 30
Road Transport administration should encompass rural and urban transport planning, vehicle maintenance and security, traffic control even at Wharfs.

If anyone has a link to Transport policy makers, do connect me, I'll like to be part of this transformational project.

If we get it right, other countries will come to study our model.
Books will be written bout us.
A greater Nigeria awaits us.
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by ManOfSon: 5:36pm On Jan 30
Our politicians are just insufferable. At a time when they should be talking about closing down some of the money guzzling federal agencies that exist on paper only, these ignorant loafers are trying to create another useless one.
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by colossus91(m): 5:41pm On Jan 30
Dem don create civil service for oluomo grin
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Ewedegubbler: 5:53pm On Jan 30
Another abunchi office wey dem go park northerners full there even tho we know who are the masters of road transport in naija
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by favour32(m): 5:58pm On Jan 30
Which road?
These people wicked sha...
Na up dem dey fly always.
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by akigbemaru: 6:17pm On Jan 30
U09ce:
This bill is long awaited. How logical is it that the most patronised transport sector(road ) is largely unregulated! The aviation industry has NCAA, maritime has NIMASA and NIWA but road transport has nothing. Commercial road transporters should be certified before they are allowed to haul passengers and goods. Tonnage of trailers and tankers should be regulated.
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Henrymas(m): 6:21pm On Jan 30
Just imagine the kind of useless bill these clowns are passing?
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by omokab: 6:24pm On Jan 30
Blackestjunior:
Bleep

Another agency to extort commercial drivers at different checkpoint

This is just duplication of duty,
we already have; Police, FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, NURTW, Agbero on the road, no need for this one abeg.

Una no dey ever see better bill pass,
Bill for steady light una no pass

I dedicate this FTC to the Almighty God
I don't think you know what you are saying . The bill is over long due . Exactly what I was discussing with my friends yesterday concerning low revenue generation in the country and high rate of employment. Thugs and hooligans were the one getting money to build and show muscle like mc oluomo. The money that suppose to be going to government purse and create a better employment for work force .Can you see all this nonsense in a development country where a thug will be deciding for government on road transport . Enough is enough. Governors will not see thugs to use during election if the agency is well functioned .
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by blakkydikky(m): 6:29pm On Jan 30
Naijadaily:

https://sunnewsonline.com/nass-ashirus-national-road-transport-council-bill-scales-first-reading/?amp
..... Set of unfortunate people,to be choking and extorting masses is all they know. Another ticket to sell for the transporter. Amadioha shall strike you all.
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Iamzik: 6:34pm On Jan 30
Rekyz:
This makes a whole lot of sense. There is every need for the road transport industry to be regulated. If established, the council should ensure that cost of transportation is reduced and FG should also fulfill the promise of reducing petrol prices.

I don't think that cost of transportation will reduce unless this new council can do away with touts and cancel state sponsored NURTW. I don't see that happening, instead transportation fare is likely to increase because the council will also introduce a federal tax in addition to what transporters currently pay state and local council plus agberos.

My opinion

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by siant: 6:35pm On Jan 30
Blackestjunior:
Bleep

we already have; Police, FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, NURTW, Agbero on the road, no need for this one abeg.

This one think it is something like paramilitary outfit that will be standing on the road.
It is going to be a regulatory authority/agency .
It is a good bill. It would bring sanity to Road transport. Currently,road transport in Nigeria is not regulated. It will bring in more organized and corporate bodies to play in the road transport sector, as it is being done in the aviation sector. All this agberio-nurtw, will be fizzled out gradually.
However, I want to believe it is going to be meant for the inter state operators alone. Cus, road transportation is in the concurrent list.
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Iamzik: 6:37pm On Jan 30
MyExpression:
Road Transport administration should encompass rural and urban transport planning, vehicle maintenance and security, traffic control even at Wharfs.

If anyone has a link to Transport policy makers, do connect me, I'll like to be part of this transformational project.

If we get it right, other countries will come to study our model.
Books will be written bout us.
A greater Nigeria awaits us.

You need to first stop NURTW from collecting illegal taxes from drivers first
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Raph82(m): 6:39pm On Jan 30
Bills to stop hunger in the land, dem no gree pass am
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by manitoba(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30
Frezhkid10:
New agbero association loading!!!
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Anunakeeh: 7:21pm On Jan 30
Rekyz:
This makes a whole lot of sense. There is every need for the road transport industry to be regulated. If established, the council should ensure that cost of transportation is reduced and FG should also fulfill the promise of reducing petrol prices.

Biggest Mvmv of the centurygrin

Nothing dey some blxck man brain.
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Anunakeeh: 7:23pm On Jan 30
Iamzik:

I don't think that cost of transportation will reduce unless this new council can do away with touts and cancel state sponsored NURTW. I don't see that happening, instead transportation fare is likely to increase because the council will also introduce a federal tax in addition to what transporters currently pay state and local council plus agberos.

My opinion

As for you, You get sense.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Yestogood: 7:40pm On Jan 30
Lawalemi:
What is the essence of these bills? Where are the good roads?

They are experts in putting the cart before the horse. Everything is aimed at squeezing the last possible drop of money from the already bleeding masses.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Never4getU: 8:02pm On Jan 30
Blackestjunior:
Bleep

This is how they make useless laws to compound our trouble, as the existing neck pressing never do rubbish senator passing life suffocating bill against the citizens and doing nothing about the humongous payment to themselves.

Foodstuffs is being price out of market no bill to mandating FG to declare state ofemergency on food security and afford they're busy rolling nonsense agbada at Senate floor over stupid bills

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Faposky95: 8:04pm On Jan 30
Thugs integration projection......TIP
must be objectively scrutinized till it limps off.....
Bad riddance to yeye rubbish
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by jackie111(m): 8:05pm On Jan 30
This man used to contest for kwara state governorship. I didn't even know he is now a senator.

By the way, he is just trying to help his kwara brother MC Oluomo.

If the man loses his grip on lagos branch and he does not clinch nation leader, then what he has lost is more than the position.

The creation of the board for representatives from each geopolitical zone would only be for the benefit of MC.
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Faposky95: 8:19pm On Jan 30
jackie111:
This man used to contest for kwara state governorship. I didn't even know he is now a senator.

By the way, he is just trying to help his kwara brother MC Oluomo.

If the man loses his grip on lagos branch and he does not clinch nation leader, then what he has lost is more than the position.

The creation of the board for representatives from each geopolitical zone would only be for the benefit of MC.

One truth....
As wise as they say they are...thugs will rule the SW geopolitical zone....and I'm a Lagosian....?!
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by Blackestjunior(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30
siant:
This one think it is something like paramilitary outfit that will be standing on the road.
It is going to be a regulatory authority/agency .
It is a good bill. It would bring sanity to Road transport. Currently,road transport in Nigeria is not regulated. It will bring in more organized and corporate bodies to play in the road transport sector, as it is being done in the aviation sector. All this agberio-nurtw, will be fizzled out gradually.
However, I want to believe it is going to be meant for the inter state operators alone. Cus, road transportation is in the concurrent list.

Wether it's a ministry or whatever it is, they will still have men on ground (road or motor parks) wearing uniforms.. extorting drivers and collecting bribes from others making things more difficult for the average Nigeria, what happens to passing bill on the welfare of Nigeria with relief packages, food security, credit to famers to boost the agricultural sector etc.. price of things are rising everyday

As someone up there rightly said this people would still tax drivers thereby leading to the cost of transport fare
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by RichDaniels: 10:52pm On Jan 30
U09ce:

This is how they've deceived you to thinking nonsense. You do not need an Act or a Bill to create an agency or parastatal of the government, insofar as their budget would be managed by another department. We have the ministry of transportation, what do they do? Can't they create an agency under him to achieve this purpose?
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by U09ce: 11:48pm On Jan 30
RichDaniels:

This is how they've deceived you to thinking nonsense. You do not need an Act or a Bill to create an agency or parastatal of the government, insofar as their budget would be managed by another department. We have the ministry of transportation, what do they do? Can't they create an agency under him to achieve this purpose?

Hehe.Bros, Agencies and parastatals must be backed by an Act. Even universities are not exempt.
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by swiych(m): 1:07am On Jan 31
Outside Nigeria, na generator republic dem dey call us, no senator or rep dey pass bill of improvement in all our sectors, na dis yeye bill dem wan pass, mc oluomo kind of bill.
Re: Senate Passes Sen Ashiru's Bill To Establish National Road Transport Council by BALLOSKI: 2:01am On Jan 31
Drivers database and stopping unnecessary levy like "produce" on trucks should be considered. I can't, as a transporter, be forced by youths in every state to pay for emblem and stickers because they're employed by politicians after helping them to snatch ballot boxes.

SE and some states in the SS are the most hostile to trucks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 Reasons Maduka Is The Choice For Ndi Anambra As Governor / No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark / APC Is A Party Of Shameless And Desperate Liars – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.