Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC (7417 Views)

The Poor State Of Port-Harcourt - Aba Train Services (Video, Photos) / Passengers Abandoned In Bush Since Monday Morning As Kano-lagos Train Breaks Dow / The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by bigdammyj: 7:42am On Jan 31
Noted.
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Nicepoker(m): 7:42am On Jan 31
Sheuns:
Better make these trains as fast as possible. Not that 40km/hr Lagos to Ibadan speed.
Is not about the trains. That track can't handle speed.
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Exousiang01: 7:55am On Jan 31
BABANGBALI:
do you know that if you are fast during the journey, you can catch and fok babes inside the train?
How old are you again?
Are you not supposed to be on the assembly hall at this time of the Morning.
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Welcomme: 7:56am On Jan 31
Express rail service ke? Trust me, you can't spend less than one week if your destination is Kano to Lagos. From one breakdown to another. If it's not mechanical breakdown at mokwa, it will be electrical breakdown at kutiwenji. I used to be an active passenger. The last time I vowed not to take this train again was when I spent over a week from KD to Osogbo. It can be adventurous sometimes but time wasting. I remembered when our train spoilt at Minna, I had a serious coitus play on an abandoned train with one of their staff at Minna...I met more than 5 other people on the train that night doing same thing. Come hear different kind of sound tracks...

1 Like

Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Teejaney88(m): 8:01am On Jan 31
If you take word 'soon' seriously in Nigeria, then you are a ....
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by ThunderFireAgba: 8:08am On Jan 31
BABANGBALI:
so, did you fok any babe dat time?

cc: Seun
cc: Obinoscopy
cc: Myndd44.
Take note
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by seguno2: 8:09am On Jan 31
Tabithatim:
The trains which will run on existing rail tracks will have stops at Ibadan, Osogbo, Offa, ilorin, mokwa, Minna, Kaduna, Zaria then Kano.

The last stop for the rail service is designed to be Maiduguri but that will be implemented much Later. No time frame was been announced for the recommencement of this project but reports say it should start sometime this year.

What are we supposed to do about this news that has no commencement date

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by junketer(m): 8:10am On Jan 31
Empresa:
Lack of foresight. How many people are traveling to Kano from lagos vice versa?
That's just it. If not for tribalism, tell me why FG abandoned the likely most busiest and the most profitable route from lagos to onitsha to enugu and back. Same goes with cargo trains.
I just tire
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Paraman: 8:21am On Jan 31
Nicepoker:
That track is not even meant for speed. From Lagos to kano will take 3 to 4 days. That track should be converted to freight purposes.
From Lagos to Kano take about 24-30hrs. It will also be used for freight purpose.
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Paraman: 8:23am On Jan 31
junketer:
That's just it. If not for tribalism, tell me why FG abandoned the likely most busiest and the most profitable route from lagos to onitsha to enugu and back. Same goes with cargo trains.
I just tire
It will also be use for freight purpose. Is there even a train track from lagos to onitsha?
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Nicepoker(m): 8:23am On Jan 31
Paraman:
From Lagos to Kano take about 24-30hrs. It will also be used for freight purpose.
Freight will be better. Bandits and kidnappers will so disturbe that line. The speed on that track isn't encouraging.
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Paraman: 8:28am On Jan 31
Nicepoker:
Freight will be better. Bandits and kidnappers will so disturbe that line. The speed on that track isn't encouraging.
The NRC wants to use it for both passengers and freight.
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by ivolt: 8:48am On Jan 31
babayinka77:

Not everything must be criticised. It is a good news and this will foster development in the communities along the various Train Stations that would be revamped in the process. There would be challenges no doubt, but that should not be the reason why we should not strive to develop as a nation.

How many people can afford air travel in the country? the other best alternative for us is to travel by rail. May God make it a reality soon.
That is not a criticism but a warning even though overblown.
The fact remains that sustainable development is impossible without decent security.
Security doesn't mean no crime but that there are consequences for majority of the violent criminals.
Unfortunately, the forest-based kidnappers are immune from consequences.
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Zafsy75: 8:55am On Jan 31
junketer:
I just tire

Your Akamu International Airport in Enugu is still there without any visible improvement in traffic. After Lagos =Abuja, the next busiest inter state Air traffic is Lagos-Kano. Who goes to Onitsha except during Christmas? All the trailers carrying cargo from Lagos to Onitsha return empty. If I lie, tell me what they come back with, I dare you and double dare you.

Trade with Eastern Nigeria is always one way traffic, they inport and virtually they don't export anything. Any trailer that goes to the East from any part of Nigeria comes back empty.

Compared that to Kano, a trailers loaded with manufactured or imported goods goes to Kano and return with Agricultural goods, livestocks. Do you know how many trailers of Habiscous Flowers, Sesame, Ginger that leaves Kano and goes to Lagos daily to be Exported

You and your mumu clowns think Train service is meant to move imported containers packed with sub standard Chinese goods.

2 Likes

Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by IdowuRufai: 9:08am On Jan 31
Empresa:
Lack of foresight. How many people are traveling to Kano from lagos vice versa?

That is the reason the economy is failing, investing in the wrong direction. If the economy is buoyant, then no qualms
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by komodapson(m): 9:12am On Jan 31
Welcomme:
Express rail service ke? Trust me, you can't spend less than one week if your destination is Kano to Lagos. From one breakdown to another. If it's not mechanical breakdown at mokwa, it will be electrical breakdown at kutiwenji. I used to be an active passenger. The last time I vowed not to take this train again was when I spent over a week from KD to Osogbo. It can be adventurous sometimes but time wasting. I remembered when our train spoilt at Minna, I had a serious coitus play on an abandoned train with one of their staff at Minna...I met more than 5 other people on the train that night doing same thing. Come hear different kind of sound tracks...

I pray they get past these hurdles by the time they commence full operation, because have started dreaming of my trip on the train from Lagos to Minna, then I will go on board a bus to Abuja. I believe this will lower the risk of accident on the road. Please if I may ask, when you had the train trip , what year was that? And what was the train velocity like km/hr? Was there a time the train was seemingly "gliding" on track as we see on movies, I know it will be difficult on the narrow gauge, but if full operation starts, how long will it take to get to Minna? You really enjoyed yourself ó, which tribe be the lady in question...lol
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Kionrae: 9:45am On Jan 31
With una locomotive engine
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by mamaafrik(m): 10:00am On Jan 31
Since this train movement will be commencing on Lagos to Kano rail line government should as well start the coastal real line project between Lagos to Calabar immediately ,this will help to develop the Southern states

1 Like

Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by lexy2014: 10:17am On Jan 31
Seunpapa65:

You are an enemy of Nigeria general wike will handle it he is no nonsense governor
how is he an enemy of Nigeria?
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Seunpapa65: 10:20am On Jan 31
lexy2014:
how is he an enemy of Nigeria?
For not criticizing APC according to APC supporters

Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Empresa: 10:41am On Jan 31
Salubata:
You're obviously naive, no insult. Business men laughing at you right now

It's the MOST IMPORTANT Rail transportation for goods and services between North and South.

I'm happy so happy

A reasonable government in present day Nigeria will invest in the busiest route to raise money to solve her problems. If you and your so called business men think otherwise, you shouldn't be doing business for any reason.
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Idaytesj29(m): 10:45am On Jan 31
oluwaseyi0:
How viable is this? Lagos to Kano rail compare to Lagos to east rail

Most Aboki will rather prefer to share same truck with cows than pay for train

Most of their cargo of cow, perishables beans rice yam etc will go through the cargo section of the train which is cheaper.
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by MadmanObi(m): 10:58am On Jan 31
oluwaseyi0:

Head is paining you

1 Like

Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:59am On Jan 31
oluwaseyi0:

I never see a happy iyamuri online, always bitter and angry. Life is too short to be angry all the time,give it up. Just like your father and his father before,there is nothing you can do about the Abokis,your future and that of your children is and will for ever be under the Abokis.😁

1 Like

Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Zafsy75: 1:55pm On Jan 31
Ibrahimmrfish:

I never see a happy iyamuri online, always bitter and angry. Life is too short to be angry all the time,give it up. Just like your father and his father before,there is nothing you can do about the Abokis,your future and that of your children is and will for ever be under the Abokis.😁

To me, there are 2 kinds of Igbos;
(1) The smart, hardworking ones that silently make their money, love to have a good time and just get on by with their lives regardless of their location or whatever tribe they deal with. ((I've got a lot of Northern based Igbo friends like that around me.
(2) The lousy, tribalistic bigots, chest beating SE based Igbos that are permanently angry and frustrated, always eager to pull down others to feel good, most are criminals and ve not left the comfort of the red land of Biafra ..........and make silly statements like this ones above. They spend most of their times of bigotry Facebook pages like NDIGBO & HOPE FOR NIGERIA
Sadly, its the no(2) that are most vocal at spreading their message thus giving the positive ones a bad name. Learn to identify them. There are still a lot of Good people amongst them.
Re: Express Train Services To Cmmence On Kano-Lagos Narrow Gauge Soon – NRC by Konquest: 2:44pm On Jan 31
Tabithatim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKJG0oISUkc?si=_rzFRD66MR5njW4u

In a bid to revamp the National Train service, the FG under the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Bola Tinubu has acquired new trains for the Lagos-Kano rail service.

The trains which will run on existing rail tracks will have stops at Ibadan, Osogbo, Offa, ilorin, mokwa, Minna, Kaduna, Zaria then Kano.

The last stop for the rail service is designed to be Maiduguri but that will be implemented much Later. No time frame was been announced for the recommencement of this project but reports say it should start sometime this year.

https://nairametrics.com/2024/01/28/express-train-services-to-commence-on-kano-lagos-narrow-gauge-soon-nrc/

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Arrange Employment For Canada? / Finland Visa / Nigerian Passport Renewal Wait Time In The U.K Is A Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.