Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix (1188 Views)

Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) / Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / Which Has A Better Camera Quality In Terms Of Pictures Between Tecno And Infinix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Benjaminy: 8:00am On Jan 31
I started using Xiaomi phones from 2017,with Redmi note 4. I used it for 4 years, and it was definitely money well spent.

I moved over to Poco F2 Pro, which was an absolute beauty. Though many with same units complained of charging problems and all, but my unit had no such issue at all. I used it for almost 3 years, and even my friends with Galaxy s20 were envious of the phone. I pampered it, and after almost 3 years, it still has no single scratch. I even removed the screen guard to enjoy its display well. Last month, it just died. Didn't drop, phone still as new. Just shut down and refused to power on.
No problem, cos I had a beautiful 3 yrs with it.

THEN
I got my hands on a redmi Note 12, and what!
There's almost no improvement from redmi note 4, outside the Amoled screen. This phone, even with a better processor, ram and refresh rate (compared to redmi note 4), is still laggy,whereas the note 4 was like a flash then.
Yah, I give them the battery life. After I upgraded to Hyper Os, the battery just don't wanna die, but that's just it.
This phone is just 3 steps away from becoming a Tecno or Infininix.

To be sincere, iPhone is just the peace of mind, but I sincerely hate ios.
Samsung is beauty, but they seem to manipulate their customers into changing phones, with regards to how their screens develop issues ( it's either screen burn, or green lines).

2 Likes

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by immortalcrown(m): 8:10am On Jan 31
No reliability without consistency.

Samsung, iPhone and Sony are the best.

2 Likes

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by lazkizz(m): 8:52am On Jan 31
Sammy is the best

3 Likes

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by biroo: 9:24am On Jan 31
Okay, I get your point but Tecno and Infinix are not bad brands now.

1 Like

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by fidelmarshal199: 11:23am On Jan 31
This is my fifth year of been a Samsung user, but I've not experience the issue you ascribed with them. If you had said the screens are a bit fragile and damned expensive, I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly

5 Likes

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by MadMenGroup: 12:41pm On Jan 31
Not related but Huawel has never dissapointed me.

1 Like

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Benjaminy: 1:33pm On Jan 31
fidelmarshal199:
This is my fifth year of been a Samsung user, but I've not experience the issue you ascribed with them. If you had said the screens are a bit fragile and damned expensive, I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly

You got a good unit and many people also have, whilst many are plagued with the problem. just type 'Samsung green lines' or something similar on YouTube or anywhere, and see for yourself. Just try it now, and see the result.

Na Samsung screen wahala even carry me enter xiaomi boat. Woke up one day back then, with my three month S3, and the screen got a dot. Didn't fall, nothing. Then the dot went throughout the screen gradually.
After many yrs, I thought that such no longer happens to Sammy, but made some calls, here and there, and went also to YouTube, only to see that the issue is still there.

3 Likes

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Prudoh(m): 1:34pm On Jan 31
Lol, not the Redmi i know.

5 Likes

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Adewale1603(m): 3:06pm On Jan 31
Benjaminy:

You got a good unit and many people also have, whilst many are plagued with the problem. just type 'Samsung green lines' or something similar on YouTube or anywhere, and see for yourself. Just try it now, and see the result.

Na Samsung screen wahala even carry me enter xiaomi boat. Woke up one day back then, with my three month S3, and the screen got a dot. Didn't fall, nothing. Then the dot went throughout the screen gradually.
After many yrs, I thought that such no longer happens to Sammy, but made some calls, here and there, and went also to YouTube, only to see that the issue is still there.

although when manufacturers releases phones, there would always be some faulty or production defect units among the total number of units produced and released of which some out of the general public will be unlucky to get out of such faulty units. That one is a manufacturer problem, and you can always contact the company if the warranty is still valid.
Another thing is the way most of you use and handle your phone in the long run, most especially Samsung phones screen are very delicate. The way you've been abusing your phone will surely tell in the long run, all these screen dots, green lines issues has been accumulating for a long time , it just don't suddenly occur like that. And it's not until your phone drops or falls down before you might think it would get damaged, constant abusing your phone could cause damage to it, sleeping or compressing on your phone could cause damage to it and some other unrecommended behaviors you subject your phones to.
Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Ay04z(m): 7:48pm On Jan 31
I just got the redmi 13c. 3 days ago...no panic me op....

2 Likes

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Babamide(m): 8:00pm On Jan 31
I stick with Redmi simply because it is the brand new phone I can afford to use and maintain. It might not be special but it is a good budget mid range device.
Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by chariisGRACE(m): 8:23pm On Jan 31
You're probably living in 2021.

Redmi phones are actually worst than Transsion phones now, except Itel.
Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Debroslink: 8:38pm On Jan 31
Benjaminy:
I started using Xiaomi phones from 2017,with Redmi note 4. I used it for 4 years, and it was definitely money well spent.

I moved over to Poco F2 Pro, which was an absolute beauty. Though many with same units complained of charging problems and all, but my unit had no such issue at all. I used it for almost 3 years, and even my friends with Galaxy s20 were envious of the phone. I pampered it, and after almost 3 years, it still has no single scratch. I even removed the screen guard to enjoy its display well. Last month, it just died. Didn't drop, phone still as new. Just shut down and refused to power on.
No problem, cos I had a beautiful 3 yrs with it.

THEN
I got my hands on a redmi Note 12, and what!
There's almost no improvement from redmi note 4, outside the Amoled screen. This phone, even with a better processor, ram and refresh rate (compared to redmi note 4), is still laggy,whereas the note 4 was like a flash then.
Yah, I give them the battery life. After I upgraded to Hyper Os, the battery just don't wanna die, but that's just it.
This phone is just 3 steps away from becoming a Tecno or Infininix.

To be sincere, iPhone is just the peace of mind, but I sincerely hate ios.
Samsung is beauty, but they seem to manipulate their customers into changing phones, with regards to how their screens develop issues ( it's either screen burn, or green lines).
You went from poco f2pro to redmi note 12, from a flagship level to a midrange level. Instead of moving to higher level like poco f5, you downgraded to redmi note 12. So why are you complaining? You want note 12 to give you flagship experience?

Nawa 4 u.

1 Like

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Simdyofficial(f): 9:11pm On Jan 31
Sammy any day any time kiss

1 Like

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by ghettochild(m): 9:11pm On Jan 31
fidelmarshal199:
same here Ooo.
been using Sammy for a while now..
infact I jump from one Sammy to another .
Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by ghettochild(m): 9:13pm On Jan 31
Babamide:
I stick with Redmi simply because it is the brand new phone I can afford to use and maintain. It might not be special but it is a good budget mid range device.
how much?
Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Norman4real(m): 9:38pm On Jan 31
Lol, you switched from a flagship grade SD865 to a lower midrange SD4 gen 1. grin

I think first of all, it's you to blame for downgrading. You thought that just because the Note 12 is more recent, it would be a better phone. grin grin
Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Benjaminy: 5:36am On Feb 01
Debroslink:
You went from poco f2pro to redmi note 12, from a flagship level to a midrange level. Instead of moving to higher level like poco f5, you downgraded to redmi note 12. So why are you complaining? You want note 12 to give you flagship experience?

Nawa 4 u.

Sure you didn't read through. Didn't compare f2 pro to redmi note 12. Judging redmi note 12 by what it offers, and the difference between it and redmi note 4 of last 7 yrs, which it appears that redmi phones are rather retrogressing. Probably Xiaomi is doing that to fit their profit making in Nigerian market.

A phone with 8 gig ram and manageable processor, plus a 120hz refresh rate should feel smooth when at least scrolling through homescreen and opening normal apps. Even redmi note 4 of last 7 yrs felt smooth doing that
Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Benjaminy: 5:42am On Feb 01
Norman4real:
Lol, you switched from a flagship grade SD865 to a lower midrange SD4 gen 1. grin

I think first of all, it's you to blame for downgrading. You thought that just because the Note 12 is more recent, it would be a better phone. grin grin

I'm no newbie in phones. It's like thinking that galaxy A54 should be smoother than S21 ultra because it's newer. I wasn't comparing redmi note 12 to f2 pro. I compared its experience with redmi note 4 of last 7 yrs, which appears even smoother than the redmi note 12, even with a lesser ram, a lesser refresh rate and inferior processor.
Xiaomi is compromising the quality of their redmi phones now, since they entered the Nigerian market. Someone told me before, but I doubted it, untill I picked it up. If you have an old redmi product, get your hand on a more recent one and compare. The only redmi phone they skipped the compromise is the Note 10 pro

1 Like

Re: In The Next Two Years, Redmi Phones Would Be Same With Tecno And Infinix by Benjaminy: 5:44am On Feb 01
Simdyofficial:
Sammy any day any time kiss

Definitely have to go back to my previous love. The pros supercedes the cons

(1) (Reply)

Inconsistent "Memory Card Inserted/Removed" Message On Phone / Internet Over Bluetooth For W550i / Mp3 Ringtone 4 6600

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.