Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 (42389 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 / Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 / Senegal Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Round-Of-16 (4 - 5)pens On 29th January 2024 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by Ekaka14: 8:11pm On Feb 03
Agonisingly close...for Ivory coast...what a leap...what a header saved by the upright 😳
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by flexyrule(m): 8:12pm On Feb 03
Parser:

Some people just watch football. But they never play in real life. If you watch and play it's a big plus cause your thinking would be different.

That Nigerian team is solid. I told my folks from even after our first game that ppl were critiquing. The only thing missing is the attack. If Nigerian should come home then everyone should blame the attack except of course Osimhen doing a magnificent job. The defense of the team is ok, the midfield isn't great but if midfielders can defend its a plus and if the team can make use of the flanks. Modern football can be tweaked without using the midfield. We have a decent goalie. And a die hard 9. Only thing missing is the wings(attack).

Before some folks critique my post, note, I play and watch football not just watch alone!
You think super eagles can get a draw from a game, when they're one goal and man down?

1 Like

Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by MT: 8:13pm On Feb 03
Mali is living dangerously.

They dont seem to have the hunger in them
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by leathalbeast: 8:13pm On Feb 03
Clevite:

If Cote d'Ivoire eventually win this game,then their lives would increase to 18 lives.
hahahahaha, so true but I think the home support has played a vital role for them.

1 Like

Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by MT: 8:15pm On Feb 03
Mali is playing like they have a deficit of one player.

Zero urgency

2 Likes

Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by khattab02: 8:15pm On Feb 03
Wotowotoman:

Please try to learn the difference between seem and seems. I recommend a book called Brighter Grammar angry
Thanks you Nairaland auto grammar checker and teacher
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by kakaki123: 8:16pm On Feb 03
Why has CIV not been playing like this from the start?
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by sweetTai(m): 8:16pm On Feb 03
GOALLLLLL!!!!! Mali!
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by kakaki123: 8:17pm On Feb 03
sweetTai:
GOALLLLLL!!!!! Mali!
Nah you score am?
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by MT: 8:17pm On Feb 03
kakaki123:
Why has CIV not been playing like this from the start?

Rope-the-dope technique as seen in boxing.
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by Ekaka14: 8:18pm On Feb 03
Free kick Ivory coast...
Adingra has managed to turn quite some attention to himself in this extra time
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by ReubenE(m): 8:19pm On Feb 03
Parser:

Some people just watch football. But they never play in real life. If you watch and play it's a big plus cause your thinking would be different.

That Nigerian team is solid. I told my folks from even after our first game that ppl were critiquing. The only thing missing is the attack. If Nigerian should come home then everyone should blame the attack except of course Osimhen doing a magnificent job. The defense of the team is ok, the midfield isn't great but if midfielders can defend its a plus and if the team can make use of the flanks. Modern football can be tweaked without using the midfield. We have a decent goalie. And a die hard 9. Only thing missing is the wings(attack).

Before some folks critique my post, note, I play and watch football not just watch alone!
How can you blame the attack and exonerate Osimhen. While his work rate has been great, he's largely responsible for why he has scored only one goal so far. Man has arguably missed the most goal scoring chances in the whole tournament so far.
Moses Simon, Osimhen, and our left back Zaidu are largely responsible for why Nigeria has scored fewer goals. Moses Simon and Zaidu for their mostly poor delivery of balls into the box, and Osimhen for failing to bury some of the chances.

Then Iwobi, a discussion for another day

3 Likes

Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by kakaki123: 8:19pm On Feb 03
MT:

Rope-the-dope technique as seen in boxing.
Hmmm, interesting, Thank you, I don learn that one like that.
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by frank417: 8:20pm On Feb 03
Mali dey play ball honestly
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by MT: 8:21pm On Feb 03
frank417:
Mali dey play ball honestly

They are playing a style that will never get them good result.

The urgency is gone.

CIV wants the ball more.
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by tuzle(m): 8:21pm On Feb 03
ReubenE:

How can you blame the attack and exonerate Osimhen. While his work rate has been great, he's largely responsible for why he has scored only one goal so far. Man has arguably missed the most goal scoring chances in the whole tournament so far.
Moses Simon, Osimhen, and our left back Zaidu are largely responsible for why Nigeria has scored fewer goals. Moses Simon and Zaidu for their mostly poor delivery of balls into the box, and Osimhen for failing to bury some of the chances.

I agree with u 100%. How delivery into the box is very poor. Even when we have nice counter, that final pass is always very bad especially from moses Simon and zaidu. The work rate round the team has been perfect thou.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by obaidan: 8:21pm On Feb 03
greggng:

Yesterday Dr Congo and Guinea match officiating was the worst...Thentwo penalties are not penalty in the real sense of it . That the referee didn't bother to consult var monitor ...makes it even annoying
we dont expect perfection. IMO..what we got at this AFCON is better than what we get in the EPL and what we have always seen in AFCON before now
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by Wotowotoman: 8:21pm On Feb 03
Mali’s coach looks like Ime Udoka undecided

1 Like

Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by abobote: 8:23pm On Feb 03
Ivory Coast no gree for them o
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by Fibonacci88: 8:25pm On Feb 03
This AFCON sweet die. God punish DSTV. This was what we could have missed

5 Likes

Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by osazuwa23: 8:25pm On Feb 03
This water break is giving ivory coast an advantage and i dont like it
Sauter:
Mali takes on CIV on saturday.
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by pargelenis(m): 8:26pm On Feb 03
Many exciting games in this AFCON
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by ogbe88(m): 8:26pm On Feb 03
WantsandMore:
learn? You think the boys aren't good enough? You're probably one of those who thought the boys wouldn't go past the group Stages No?
They r not good enough.
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by seunny4lif(m): 8:27pm On Feb 03
Best AFCON in years

3 Likes

Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by Wotowotoman: 8:27pm On Feb 03
Ivory Coast just escaped an own goal.. phew πŸ˜…
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by Parser: 8:27pm On Feb 03
flexyrule:
You think super eagles can get a draw from a game, when they're one goal and man down?
πŸ’― possible. We have a pressing 9. Even if you have mediocre team. If they can press very well(marking) it's a big advantage. This Afcon just proves that modern football has now passed the era of building a team around big names. Evident from all the results.
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by MT: 8:27pm On Feb 03
Mali are playing like a Barcelona team.

Trying to walk the ball into the net.

It wont work.

They ought to run ring around the CIV and unleash devilish shot at every turn.
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by teebaxy(m): 8:28pm On Feb 03
I’m beginning to feel pity for this Ivorians
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by ReubenE(m): 8:28pm On Feb 03
tuzle:
I agree with u 100%. How delivery into the box is very poor. Even when we have nice counter, that final pass is always very bad especially from moses Simon and zaidu. The work rate round the team has been perfect thou.
Exactly. Our passes in the final third is always poor, either they are over hit, falls short or simply don't release the ball timely. Assuming that was not the case, Nigeria would have scored a lot of goals.

In terms of work rate, the team has been 110%. Recovery, winning second balls etc is really commendable
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by Chummynoni(m): 8:28pm On Feb 03
ReubenE:

bro, to me, these guys are doing great. Zaidu has poor passes, right, but only few players can cope with the workload on him. The guy is always everywhere, from back to front, and the only player that did it better was victor moses. E no easy , and if few goals would win us the cup, so be it. Where equitoral guinea dey today?

3 Likes

Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by produce(m): 8:29pm On Feb 03
This match ends in a penalty..

The fighting spirit of the ivoriains gives them a winning edge cool
Re: Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 by sgd: 8:30pm On Feb 03
Wotowotoman:
Ivory Coast just escaped an own goal.. phew πŸ˜…
Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Week 14 - 1.2.x. Football Pools Forecast / Mikel Obi Celebrates His Twin Daughters, Ava & Mia's 6th Birthday / Fans React As Man Utd Remove Ronaldo's Picture From Fan Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.