Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image (63553 Views)

Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud / India Bans 59 Chinese Mobile Apps (Full List) / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by MidiBay: 9:04pm On Jan 31
TikTok Bans 'Legging Legs' Trend: What You Need to Know

"I have been crying for the past 4 hours bc I don’t have 'legging legs,' " one user commented on TikTok.

Yes, fashion trends often come in and out of style, but the "legging legs" craze taking over TikTok is something many users across the platform hoped would never return.

The hashtag #legginglegs — which has since been deleted on the platform and replaced with information about eating disorders or disordered eating — first went viral after women shared videos of themselves in yoga pants showing off the gap between their thighs.

As a result, other TikTok users have pushed back, saying the trend saying it encourages eating disorders and poor body confidence. "If you have seen this on social media, it's repulsing," user Holly Essler, who's also a therapist, said in a TikTok video.

"Basically it's a trend saying that if you have leggings and you wear leggings your legs have to look a certain way in them," she continued. "Again, this is disgusting. Do not let social media tell your body that it is a trend. If you have a body and you have leggings, you have legging legs."

TikTok has not yet responded to a request for comment.

According to the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, 9% of the U.S. population, or 28.8 million Americans, experience an eating disorder in their lifetime. Another study from the National Institute of Health found that social media usage leads to body image concerns, along with eating disorders and disordered eating.

"Thank you for speaking up against these toxic trends that lead girls to so much insecurity and worse," one person commented on Essler's video.

Other TikTok users like Essler have also taken to the platform to share their frustration with the trend. Since @ashleyrosehartly posted her thoughts, her video has drawn more than 2.1 million views and 900 comments from other women who feel the same way.

"I just saw a new trend called 'legging legs' that's circulating on the internet & it's young people critiquing their legs in leggings & saying that the perfect legs for leggings is a giant square thigh gap & small legs...here to remind you all that legs are legging legs," @ashleyrosehartly wrote on her video.

One person replied on the video: "I have been crying for the past 4 hours bc I don’t have 'legging legs' and my bf has been trying to comfort me the entire time."

"I’m so sorry you’re feeling that," she responded to the comment. "Just know you’re beautiful no matter what. Trends like this are designed to be exclusive but keep shining ✨"

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/tiktok-bans-legging-legs-trend-152132935.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by ManspaceBarber(m): 6:44am On Feb 01
Tik-Tok owns its platform and can do whatever they like with it. cheesy

29 Likes

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by inoki247: 4:01pm On Feb 01
Lol so dem dey ban things...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by koms: 4:01pm On Feb 01

There's more to the banning.

Something is fishy.

8 Likes

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by seyicodes(m): 4:01pm On Feb 01
What Next 🤝
Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by tollyboy5(m): 4:02pm On Feb 01
sad
Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by robinfemi: 4:03pm On Feb 01
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by QuickStandard: 4:03pm On Feb 01
Good for all these genz

4 Likes

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by Fortuneed(m): 4:03pm On Feb 01
Alright
Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by Okpokpo09: 4:03pm On Feb 01
Which kind app be dis. If them wan holy make them carry am keep for China de do am alone
Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by G00dharddick: 4:04pm On Feb 01
Tiktok itself should be banned.

The rate of prostitutions and hookup going on there is alarming. Oloshos full there

45 Likes

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by Gudnuse: 4:04pm On Feb 01
But there's nothing wrong with leggings. I'm trying to remember which country exports leggings the most.
....... hello, feel free to contact me if you need to reclaim your championship in the other room. I have a very powerful manpower that you'll like. No side effects. If you're also suffering from staphylococcus. Contact is in my signature
Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by Sabadon(m): 4:04pm On Feb 01
Which one come be legging legs again nitori Olorun shocked

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by Juanmike(m): 4:05pm On Feb 01
Which one be legging legs again.

13 Likes

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:06pm On Feb 01
Ok. To whom it may concern.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by ednut1(m): 4:06pm On Feb 01
Beauty standards always change . 15 years ago in slim body was the standard. Now its slim thick/ big ass . Humans ehn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by finallybusy: 4:06pm On Feb 01
Boredom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by TANID(m): 4:06pm On Feb 01
Sh!t

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by Kolaboluv7(m): 4:07pm On Feb 01
grin

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by free2ryhme: 4:07pm On Feb 01

8 Likes

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by ssogundele(m): 4:07pm On Feb 01
Please o what is leggings leg again?

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by Nursepepeye(f): 4:07pm On Feb 01
ManspaceBarber:
Tik-Tok owns its platform and can do whatever they like with it. cheesy
you never get the update, US summon all social media executives yesterday to explain the dangers thier platform pose to world security, it's trending on Ajazeera

4 Likes

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by kasie1(f): 4:08pm On Feb 01
dis my gender cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by TheWinterBird(f): 4:09pm On Feb 01
I'm glad I don't care for Tik Tok. Life is busy enough for me to get caught up in silly trends.

3 Likes

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by eragbai17(m): 4:09pm On Feb 01
Yam legs

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by NaijaGoBetter2: 4:10pm On Feb 01
What's legging leg again? Na oyinbo people go first start weyrey but when my naija "beauty queens" join dem everything will turn scatter scatter.

Honestly, I don't find anything objectionable about the "legging leg" trend since people involved don't reveal any part of their body and don't pose any apparent risks. Despite various TikTok trends that promote immorality and indecency, nothing significant seems to happen but legging leg is the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by Obierika(m): 4:10pm On Feb 01
Na which one be "Leggings leg"?

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by ifyemex(m): 4:12pm On Feb 01
I rent house yesterday I no remember the road again

3 Likes

Re: Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image by Sonnobax15(m): 4:12pm On Feb 01
lipsrsealed
Good......

I used to believe that Nairaland has the highest abode of mad people,not until I joined tiktok grin. OMOH,the rate at which mad people take full that site no be here grin

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price / How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.