Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation (11433 Views)

Gbajabiamila Denies Ownership Of Maitama Building Where BVAs Machines Were Found / Tinubu Denies Ownership Of Oriental Hotels, Other Assets ‘Linked’ To Him / UN Urges Investigation Into Shooting Of Peaceful Protesters At Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by TajuDEENaMao: 4:09am On Feb 01
A suspected Malian miner in Ibadan, Oyo State, Sawane Youssouf, on Wednesday, said he neither owned nor rented the house where an explosion was recorded on January 16.

Youssouf is believed to be the owner of the building where the explosion that killed five people, injured 77 persons and damaged 58 houses at Adeyi, Old Bodiji in Ibadan occurred.

The state governor, Seyi Makinde, while giving an update, had linked the explosion to the activities of a Malian suspected to be carrying out illegal mining activities in the state.

The governor, on Wednesday, signed into law Executive Order 001, 2024, on handling and storage of harmful substances.

He proceeded to the ground zero of the blast after signing the order.

While speaking with newsmen at the ground zero, the governor said, “I just signed an Executive Order on handling and storage of harmful substances. If you are caught in the state not following the law, the law will take its full course. There is zero tolerance on handling of harmful substances.”

Youssouf, in a statement he signed, titled, ‘Bodija Explosion: My Own Side of the Story,’ in Ibadan, the state capital, said though the incident was unfortunate, his activities as a miner were legal.

He said, “I felt the need to, once again, state my own side of the story to clear the minds of the public about my alleged involvement in the sad occurrence.

“Insinuations are rife that I am the owner of the Ground Zero building where the explosives that led to the explosion were stockpiled and warehoused, prior to the incident.

“It is against the above that I categorically state and declare here again now that I am not the owner of the building and explosives in question. While it is true that l am into mining in Oyo State, all my activities are legal, in accordance with the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution.”

Youssouf added that he also didn’t have “anything to do with the explosives that led to the huge loss of human lives and the collateral destruction of property at the scene of the incident.”

The statement added, “I am using this medium to appeal to the state government, security agencies and other appropriate authorities to beam their searchlight further to reveal the identity of the real owners of the building and the explosives that led to the explosion of January, 16.”

He, therefore, promised to make himself available whenever he is needed to assist security agencies in the course of further investigation into the sad incident.

https://punchng.com/ibadan-explosion-malian-miner-denies-ownership-of-building-urges-thorough-investigation/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by Kadejo(m): 4:14am On Feb 01
That's not the question, the question is who owns the explosive device?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by Beuberry(f): 4:15am On Feb 01
We need a pro people govt. FG should pls remember tomorrow. Cos this miner explosion issue should v been avoidable if there's proper monitoring and willingness to combat crimes or misfortunes.

8 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by busybrain123(m): 4:15am On Feb 01
sad
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by babajero(m): 4:16am On Feb 01
TajuDEENaMao:

https://punchng.com/ibadan-explosion-malian-miner-denies-ownership-of-building-urges-thorough-investigation/
The governor and his people never really talk wetin happen. They are obviously covering something.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by BALLOSKI: 4:16am On Feb 01
Can you imagine? They're denying!
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by onadana: 4:17am On Feb 01
Where him dey,dey issue this directive.Make yourself available to the nearest police station.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by fvck(m): 4:17am On Feb 01
Government should desist from telling lies

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by erai30(m): 4:19am On Feb 01
I'm just imagining if a Nigeria could have this kind of right in Mali, he knows something and have to say something.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by Rolings: 4:21am On Feb 01
babajero:
The governor and his people never really talk wetin happen. They are obviously covering something.

That's if they really know what happened

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by BoldBrainz(m): 4:23am On Feb 01
Kadejo:
That's not the question, the question is who owns the explosive device?

He says he neither owns the building nor the explosive substances. Let the relevant authorities do their due diligence to unmask the actual offender in this case.

12 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by mrdharkchild(m): 4:23am On Feb 01
Omo, FG na assistant devil for telling lies abeg!!

Well, the story go change when dem don settle the man.

The man go later debunk the news

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by 10mobile: 4:37am On Feb 01
A Malian
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by simmydebadest(m): 4:40am On Feb 01
We are waiting for them to get out of power in 7yrs time to get the real picture of what really happened. At least femi adesina is entertaining us with tales by moonlight, a compedium of his failed principal. Until then, where are the miners? In tinubu's voice

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by bunmioguns(m): 4:43am On Feb 01
There is more to this incident

Proper investigation should be carried out to unravel the culprit

I just pray it's not swept under the carpet as usual

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by money121(m): 4:45am On Feb 01
Ok
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by BigBlackPreek(m): 4:49am On Feb 01
Nobody will ever says this truth at this point

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by babajero(m): 4:57am On Feb 01
Rolings:

That's if they really know what happened
They know what happened, they are just trying to be politically correct.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by bora1(m): 4:57am On Feb 01
Someone(from the area) already alleged terrorist activities. He said no one from the main building was involved in the incident as they rushed out and drove away from that perimeter.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by Metrofox(m): 4:57am On Feb 01
grin a Malian miner carrying out activities in a foreign country all by himself without the knowledge or assistance of the enforcement agencies or state government. You must be very stupid if you think we are this stupid. Keep fooling yourselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by OMEGA009(m): 5:03am On Feb 01
Another case of “Chinaza Phillip” or the so called, “Igbo herdsmen”. Let the government do a proper investigation and stop all these charade investigations. No foreigner will own a building in Ibadan and the people of the community will not know his name. He would’ve been fingered out from day one. He is perhaps renting the house from an indigene and the government is trying to push blame to an outsider.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by flexyrule(m): 5:04am On Feb 01
No cac doxs
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by Blitzerz: 5:07am On Feb 01
Continue interviewing terrorists
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by sleek214(m): 5:07am On Feb 01
Instead of that small boy in government house to carry out a proper investigation, he's waiting for Atiku to come and visit him. Seems all the people below 55 in government have failed us. Yahaya Bello, Seyi Makinde, Betta Edu, Desmond Eliot etc....
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by SaLongs1(m): 5:09am On Feb 01
Oyo State government over to you!! Let us know if he is the culprit or not as he has categorically denied any involvement in this tragedy and is challenging you to prove otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by Yankee101: 5:14am On Feb 01
If the explosives are for his company it’s sufficient grounds for accountability
Hold him to it
Don’t sweep under the carpet cos of bribes

Do they have insurance? If not the company assets have to be sold to compensate for damages

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by jeff1993: 5:14am On Feb 01
Now na people from Mali dey come blow up Ibadan ........ WOW!!!!

This story gets interesting

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by Originalsly: 5:19am On Feb 01
Why would the governor say he believes it was done by a Malian miner? Did they even do an investigation?... or just jump to a conclusion? How can they not know who owns the building? ... don't they have records? The man is now publicly denying the allegations. I just hope he can get a good lawyer to sue the loose mouth Governor.

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by OlujobaSamuel: 5:20am On Feb 01
I think the state isn't ready, the first is to identify the owner of the house, which will lead to the tenant or occupants of the house, you can then say Mr A or B owns the explosive

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation by designking: 5:24am On Feb 01
Why are Malians the one helping us mine our minerals? Are we this incompetent?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Theophilus Danjuma Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / 1st October 1960- Nigerian Independence [VIDEO] / Its Official: National Assembly To Reconvene On Tuesday; 14th August 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.