Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP (378 Views)

Gabriel Suswan: Tinubu’s Ministers Lack Capacity, They Have No Value / PDP Grants Obaseki Waiver To Contest Edo Governorship Elections / Obaseki: I’ll Contest Edo Governorship Election On APC Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by Easy4real10(m): 11:40am On Feb 01
By Easy Ekoyatah

The Edo State chapter of Labour Party, (LP), has said that any governorship aspirants who cannot afford the fee for Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms lacks the capability to run for gobernatorial election.

The State Chairman of the party, Comrade Kelly Ogbaloi stated this at a press conference in Benin City, ahead of the party's governorship primary election slated for February 22, 2024.

While speaking on the N30 million fees for the purchase of Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms, charged by the party among other issues, Comrade Ogbaloi noted that the party's fee is the lowest among the three major political parties contesting the election.

Recall that 18 governorship aspirants on the platform of the Labour PArty had last week protested against the N30 Million fees for the nomination forms.

The aspirants, however, appealed to the national leadership of the party to reduce the fees to between N1million and N5million, noting that the N5million for Expression of Interest and N25 million for the Nomination Forms does not align with the principles and public perception of the party.

He however explained that the cost of elections into political offices in Nigeria is quite expensive as witnessed from the recent general elections.

According to Ogbaloi, "Political party funding is a challenge. The sale of forms is a major source through which political parties are funded.

"Aside being qualified to contest election, aspirants must also be ready to show capability and capacity to fund campaigns and other election requirements.

"A lot of issues that may arise as a result of primaries and election itself which has to do with litigation arising from such activities as well as other logistics issues, make it imperative for the parties to charge a reasonable fee like ours.

"So that it can adequately discharge its responsibilities during and after the elections.

"Therefore, any aspirant who cannot afford the fee lacks the capacity to run for the governorship election.”

The Edo LP Chairman also disclosed that two aspirants have so far bought the party forms, a man and a woman, urging others to do same.

He however, appealed to the governorship aspirants of the party to make the necessary sacrifice by participating in the exercise, assuring that the party is determined to ensure a level playing field for all aspirants leading to the emergence of a credible candidate.

He also disclosed that the party has reduced the fee for women by 50 percent in order to ensure their participation in the governorship election.

Ogbaloi however, denied the allegation that the party received the sum of N500 million from the state government in order to feature a neophyte as her candidate for the election.

He noted that the guideline currently released by the leadership of the party in respect to governorship election in the state falls in line with the provision of the constitution and the Electoral Act.

2 Likes

Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by NwaAmaikpe: 11:51am On Feb 01
shocked

People will first try to demonize the chairman for saying this before actually realizing that it is not just the truth, but also common sense.

It's just like wanting to spend time with a hookup girl when you don't have shi-shi.

Simply put,
The absence of the ability to pursue an aspiration spells lack of capacity by default.

And that's why Nigeria can never get better because why will I throw away my 30million just because I want to serve my people and remedy the state's situation except I am sure I'd be reaping it back in untold folds?

That also is common sense.

Till political office is made an unlucrative wealth venture, Nigeria can never have selfless leaders.

I may be wrong, what does NwaAmaikpe know?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by gaby(m): 11:55am On Feb 01
Political parties are what they are-Political Parties.

There ain't no differences. Refuse to be deceived.

1 Like

Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by yarimo(m): 12:24pm On Feb 01
Peter obi and abure are just after labour party money undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by GabrielYulaw(m): 7:41pm On Feb 01
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

People will first try to demonize the chairman for saying this before actually realizing that it is not just the truth, but also common sense.

It's just like wanting to spend time with a hookup girl when you don't have shi-shi.

Simply put,
The absence of the ability to pursue an aspiration spells lack of capacity by default.

And that's why Nigeria can never get better because why will I throw away my 30million just because I want to serve my people and remedy the state's situation except I am sure I'd be reaping it back in untold folds?

Till political office is made an unlucrative wealth venture, Nigeria can never have selfless leaders.

Welcome back Mr. cray cray
Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by Georgry(m): 7:43pm On Feb 01
grin

Wetin come be the difference between LP/PDP/APC.

1 Like

Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by Akinboboz(m): 7:53pm On Feb 01
Kettle and pot......... What's now the difference between them...

1 Like

Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by Cassandraloius: 8:41am On Feb 02
Problem no dey finish. undecided
Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by Raf4: 10:06am On Feb 02
Simply put: If you lack ability to still 30M to buy LP form, you'll definitely lack ability to loot the state to stupor and therefore unprofitable to Labour Party.

1 Like

Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by Pathokpo: 2:17pm On Feb 03
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Simply put,

The Oracle himself have spoken the undiluted truth once again. Make I no lie this guy na be one of the only few people I dey follow on niaraland due to his ability to juggle the truth with sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by uchaymart(m): 7:54pm On Feb 06
Pathokpo:

The Oracle himself have spoken the undiluted truth once again. Make I no lie this guy na be one of the only few people I dey follow on niaraland due to his ability to juggle the truth with sarcasm.

His comments are wrapped up with high quality sarcasm
Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by uchaymart(m): 7:55pm On Feb 06
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Simply put,

Onye nna 👑🙌
Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by Throwback: 7:59pm On Feb 06
That is why the Labour Party is a Special Purpose Vehicle for those money bags that have lost out in their own party, a la Peter Obi that lost out in PDP.

1 Like

Re: Aspirant Who Cannot Afford Nomination Forms Lack Capacity To Contest - Edo LP by kingsways: 8:00pm On Feb 06
Political office is for successful people not for failures

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Of Our Dream Is In Labour Room, Will Soon Be Delivered. / Yoruba Market Women Complaining Bitterly About The Prices Of Goods Under Tinubu / Aare Ona Kakanfo, Gani Adams Visits The Olu Of Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.