Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone (883 Views)

My Mtn Sim Displays "Sim Closed". / Please Help. How Can I Hide My Number When Sending Text Message / How Do I Use My 9mobile Promo 2 Airtime ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by Dafungames: 9:06pm On Feb 01
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

I have got a serious issue right now and I need urgent help so bad.

People I call are complaining my 9mobile SIM displays "private number"

Now before you ask, I didn't activate it and don't remember doing so intentionally.

The sim is in a small phone and I had to call my other sim in my android phone to confirm this. Although I fixed the sim in my android phone recently, but can't really tell if the fault is from there.

I have called 9mobile customer support. The help code they gave me to disable isn't working (#31*0#) despite trying so many times.

Many people (important contacts) have been ignoring my calls because of this very issue and I seriously need to call someone right now or before 3 days time so it doesn't get too late.

This set of people I need to call only know me with one number, don't pick calls anyhow and have instructed me not to use an unknown number to call them.

I will really appreciate it if anyone can help out. Please πŸ₯ΊπŸ™

Photo credit: Google

Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by donbee(m): 9:17pm On Feb 01
Try *31#

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by Adewale1603(m): 9:43pm On Feb 01
Dafungames:

Now before you ask, I didn't activate it and don't remember doing so intentionally.

The sim is in a small phone and I had to call my other sim in my android phone to confirm this. Although I fixed the sim in my android phone recently, but can't really tell if the fault is from there.

I have called 9mobile customer support. The help code they gave me to disable isn't working (#31*0#) despite trying so many times.

Many people (important contacts) have been ignoring my calls because of this very issue and I seriously need to call someone right now or before 3 days time so it doesn't get too late.

This set of people I need to call only know me with one number, don't pick calls anyhow and have instructed me not to use an unknown number to call them.

you've mistakenly or unknowingly press or activate the feature on your phone. I can fix this in 5 sec, assuming I have access to your phone. And I can guide you the steps to take on how to remove it from the private number
Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by durasome(m): 10:18pm On Feb 01
Try #31#

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by dominique(f): 10:26pm On Feb 01
It happens to my sim too whenever I remove and replace it from its device or switch devices. You can fix this by going to your call settings on your phone πŸ“ž app (not general settings o), carefully go through the list of options for caller ID. On my phone, caller ID falls in additional settings. Select show caller ID and the caller ID will start showing. You have to put in mind that whenever you remove your sim from your phone and return it or switch phones, you need to go back to the call settings and change the caller ID settings

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by Westerhoffe(m): 10:37pm On Feb 01
Dafungames:

On your dialer, go to Settings - Additional Settings - Caller ID.
Change it to 'Network Default'.

Done.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by Dafungames: 10:37am On Feb 02
donbee:
Try *31#

Thanks the suggestion. But it's didn't really solve the issue.

If I dial the code ordinarily I get an "unfinished" message.

But if I dial the code before typing my number my name gets to appear on my big phone.

But again without the code, it shows private number. This can serve for the meantime but I need a permanent solution without having to go through the stress of writing out every number one by one before making a call.
Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by Dafungames: 10:38am On Feb 02
Adewale1603:
you've mistakenly or unknowingly press or activate the feature on your phone. I can fix this in 5 sec, assuming I have access to your phone. And I can guide you the steps to take on how to remove it from the private number

Please put me through sir. πŸ™
Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by Adewale1603(m): 10:53am On Feb 02
Dafungames:

Please put me through sir. πŸ™
you will go to your phone dialer app, (where you usually enter phone numbers before making calls) you will click on the 3- dot button on the top or the menu on the dialer app, you will navigate through the settings and to your simcards menu, you will select the 9mobile own, if you're using two sims, you will see options like, call forwarding, call barring e.t.c you will select additional settings, and you will see caller ID menu (this controls whether your phone number will display during all outgoing calls or hidden), select network default or show phone number. So that your phone number will be displayed when calling and not displaying private number.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by rottable(m): 11:42am On Feb 02
Check the setting

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by Dafungames: 11:58am On Feb 02
Adewale1603:
you will go to your phone dialer app, (where you usually enter phone numbers before making calls) you will click on the 3- dot button on the top or the menu on the dialer app, you will navigate through the settings and to your simcards menu, you will select the 9mobile own, if you're using two sims, you will see options like, call forwarding, call barring e.t.c you will select additional settings, and you will see caller ID menu (this controls whether your phone number will display during all outgoing calls or hidden), select network default or show phone number. So that your phone number will be displayed when calling and not displaying private number.

Wow! thanks for the suggestion. It did help me out here. It wasn't really the issue but I came to discover the main issue through your suggestions.

It wasn't really my android phone or the 9mobile SIM but that particular button phone.

I fixed the 9mobile SIM in the android phone, transferred my MTN sim to the phone and immediately i called the mtn SIM it became visible immediately.

I even had to put the 9mobile SIM in another button phone and when I called my name displayed.

The fault (for the button phone) is what I don't know now. But thanks for your help and the time you took out to type this. I learnt a new thing today and I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by Angel55555(m): 1:02pm On Feb 02
Dafungames:

You switched off your caller ID under your contact settings.
Re: Please Help: My 9mobile SIM Displays "Private Number" When I Call Someone by Dafungames: 8:57pm On Feb 03
Angel55555:

You switched off your caller ID under your contact settings.

Yeah I have come to find out that's not actually the fault.
Read this and tell me if you have a solution.

πŸ‘‰ https://www.nairaland.com/7988373/please-9mobile-sim-displays-private#128249782

(1) (Reply)

Wallet Code For Nokia 6230 / Stopping Unsolicited Sms / Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.