Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo (14297 Views)

Gunmen Behead Police Officer In Abia Community, Part With The Head / Onyeka Ibe Killed By Ebri Ubi (Police Inspector) In Asaba (Photos) / Insp. Richard Gele: Police Dismisses, De-kits Police Inspector In Viral Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by sketching: 2:14am On Feb 02
Unknown Gunmen Behead Nigerian Police Inspector In Akwa Ibom State

Some yet-to-be-identified gunmen have reportedly beheaded a police officer known only as Inspector Osang in Akwa Ibom State.

Osang was beheaded on Wednesday night when the gunmen entered his home on a lane connecting Enen Afaha and Afaha Ube, a suburb of Uyo City.

It was learnt that the invasion of the police officer happened at 8.30 p.m, according to Punch.

A source from the community revealed that the hoodlums gained entry into the deceased's compound and began firing randomly to scare away residents and passersby.

The death of the police officer was the third killing incident reported in the area in January.

Recall that a woman was also beheaded near the banking layout in Uyo, and another lady was slain on Sunday night, her dismembered body stuffed into a Ghana-Must-Go bag and abandoned by the roadside in the state's Nwaniba district.

When contacted, state Police Public Relations Officer Odiko Mac-Don confirmed the event and termed it as unfortunate.

Mac-Don stated that the state Commissioner of Police, CP Olatoye Durosinmi, has ordered a discreet probe into the inspector's death.

He stressed that no effort would be spared to capture the offenders.

“We have received that information and it is an unfortunate situation. Already, the Commissioner of Police has ordered an investigation and we are committed to ridding the streets of criminal elements.

“We are not deterred by the incident but we are committed to ensuring that, criminally minded persons will account for their actions,” Macdon said.

SOURCE: Sahara Reporters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Blakjewelry(m): 3:04am On Feb 02
Maybe they have to reintroduce public execution of criminals in Nigeria.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Balistic4: 4:32am On Feb 02
It's really a terrible time to be a Nigerian, but I'm sure this inspector was busy rigging elections for druggie thinking he's making money.

I didn't ask for all these, so I pray and work even harder so that Nigeria doesn't happen to me or my family.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by backbone503(m): 4:33am On Feb 02
Policeofficer? I have nothing to say

5 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Coolsperm: 4:37am On Feb 02
Even we Yoruba Muslims are now tired of Nigeria, which kind thing be this

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Stevenson20: 4:37am On Feb 02
The whole country is burning while Tinubu is chilling in France. In all of these, I don't blame Tinubu, it's his supporters and keyboard warriors that I pity. Very Useless set of people

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Yaxon: 4:39am On Feb 02
Where's the piqsure Let me check something
Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Enugurangers: 4:41am On Feb 02
Na waoh.
The average Nigerian is violent.

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Okpokpo09: 4:43am On Feb 02
Tinubu should just resign and save himself from shame. He is incapable of piloting this ship, a man with a failed ambition and blind bat 🦇

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by bnanny: 4:55am On Feb 02
Buhari government was hell. Tinubu government now is hell fire. APC need to go there's too much blood on their hands, they don't mean well for Nigeria, just loot as much as you can APC government.

2 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by yinkeys(m): 4:57am On Feb 02
shocked Appears a subtle war has started in this country

3 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Bigmospa: 4:59am On Feb 02
He came to my state,did zero manifesto,promised nothing,yet people voted for him,do i blame him? NO.

4 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by franco3075q(m): 5:12am On Feb 02
Bigmospa:
He came to my state,did zero manifesto,promised nothing,yet people voted for him,do i blame him? NO.
Even with those that voted for him, he did not win the election, with the help of yakubu, he rigged his way in as an unwanted president, i know that he has nothing 2 offer

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Miles300: 5:22am On Feb 02
APC have really destroyed what is left of Nigeria, that a police inspector is executed like a chicken ...wetin come dey for ordinary man ...omo Naija has gone to the dogs..
Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by HRMK: 5:28am On Feb 02
hoodlums or ipob,esn and ugm?interesting!
Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by stephenponti(m): 5:31am On Feb 02
I have no pity for a dead police Lastma or VIO officer, they are wicked people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by oyeb15: 5:43am On Feb 02
Police have changed a little these days unlike before.

The new IG is doing some good work but he has to work harder.

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Fatbam005: 5:44am On Feb 02
Bloodshed is on the rampage. Tinubu and bloodshed with hardship na like 5 and 6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by EmekaA125(m): 5:45am On Feb 02
Tinubu doesn't care. He's in France chilling.
Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by EmekaA125(m): 5:47am On Feb 02
When you decide to elect an old man who should be resting or playing the role of an elderstateman, you expect the country to grow and prosper under his watch abi ??

So sad.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by EmekaA125(m): 5:48am On Feb 02
I'm sure Yorubas and some Northerners will still vote for Tinubu in 2027 under the guise of Emilokan and APC. Lol

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by tophempire: 6:02am On Feb 02
May our ancestors bless their children who killed the police, and reject the soul of the useless police

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by tophempire: 6:05am On Feb 02
Blakjewelry:
Maybe they have to reintroduce public execution of criminals in Nigeria.

It is the best way to go... Our mother land don too suffer
Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Zeebuy: 6:07am On Feb 02
This country has gone to the dogs.

Tinubu has buried Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Realist777: 6:16am On Feb 02
Balistic4:
It's really a terrible time to be a Nigerian, but I'm sure this inspector was busy rigging elections for druggie thinking he's making money.

I didn't ask for all these, so I pray and work even harder so that Nigeria doesn't happen to me or my family.
When you or your family get tossed into 6 ft below the ground we are going to be making this your kinda comment

3 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Westerhoffe(m): 6:38am On Feb 02
Some people are just heartless!

2 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by mytime24(f): 6:46am On Feb 02
Nawa

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by omoiseselagba: 6:47am On Feb 02
Okpokpo09:
Tinubu should just resign and save himself from shame. He is incapable of piloting this ship, a man with a failed ambition and blind bat 🦇

He will resign after spending 8years

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Balistic4: 7:08am On Feb 02
Realist777:

When you or your family get tossed into 6 ft below the ground we are going to be making this your kinda comment
Your useless self and your family will definitely be a victim of this useless government you voted. It will be a family clearance. None of you will survive it. The funny thing is that the news won't come out because no one will recognize the scattered body parts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by KingOdart(m): 7:22am On Feb 02
Stevenson20:
The whole country is burning while Tinubu is chilling in France. In all of these, I don't blame Tinubu, it's his supporters and keyboard warriors that I pity. Very Useless set of people

as if Tinubu need to be in Nigeria to get things done in this century.

If the security apparatus present couldn't stop the attack it is Tinubu that would now stop it because he is Omnipotent and can personally guide every where.
Re: Fear Grips Akwa Ibom As Hoodlums Behead Police Inspector In Uyo by Macphenson: 7:33am On Feb 02
The Nation is burning, the commander in chief is in France chiĺling and catching cruise.

Tinubu is even more useless than Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Overpowers Boko Haram In Yobe, Restores Normalcy / Zamfara Bandits Kill Village Head, Kidnap Eight Others / Two Chinese Men Kidnapped In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.