Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,984 members, 7,810,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ (21918 Views)

Ahmed Idris: EFCC Releases Suspended Accountant General / Ahmed Idris: EFCC Uncovers Another ₦90b ‘Fraud’ Against Accountant-General / Sanusi Response To Ganduje's Query "N3.4bn Fraud" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by Estello: 5:21am On Feb 02
The former Accountant General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris, has accused the EFCC of deceiving him to admit to the allegations of N109bn fraud against him.

The ex-AGF claimed that the EFCC told him they wanted to use him to get the minister of finance and some other governors.

Idris and his co-defendants are standing trial on 14 charges of stealing and criminal breach of trust to the tune of N109.5 billion.

Idris was arraigned alongside Godfrey Olusegun Akindele and Mohammed Kudu Usman, and a firm — Gezawa Commodity Market and Exchange Limited.

In a statement said to be written by Idris and dated May 16, 2022, which was partly read out by the prosecution witness, Hayatudeen Ahmed, in court on Thursday, the ex-AGF stated that the EFCC promised him that whatever information he gives would not be used against him.

The prosecution witness read the statement after being asked to while being cross-examined by Idris’ counsel, Chris Uche (SAN).

After reading, the prosecution witness stated that such assurances were not given, and neither was he under duress.

He said, “There was no such assurance. The statements made by Idris on the 25th, 26th, and 31st of May 2022 and that made on the 1st, 6th, 10th, 20th of June 2022, and 5 July 2022 were made willingly by the defendants contrary to the claims that they were allegedly made under duress by the defendants.”

Earlier, when the hearing commenced on Thursday, the counsel for the EFCC, Rotimi Jacobs(SAN), applied to tender video evidence that contained a recorded interview of the first to third defendants at the Commission’s Monitoring Unit Chairman’s office as an exhibit before the court.

https://punchng.com/n109bn-fraud-efcc-deceived-me-ex-agf-alleges/?amp

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by Pinky8: 5:49am On Feb 02
Criminals and rogues

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by inoki247: 5:49am On Feb 02
Lol But your Statement account wasn't deceived.....

How can you deceive me to claim money wey I no get when I no be Lekki Boy's abg carry ur story comot for here....

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by osahonmk(m): 5:50am On Feb 02
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by trilacos: 5:50am On Feb 02
Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by dayleke: 5:50am On Feb 02
Agbalagba ara yin sir.... shocked shocked

Deceive kwa?

Na receive joor.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by mytime24(f): 5:51am On Feb 02
Yawn 😮‍💨

So u b innocent polithieftian

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by SoNature(m): 5:51am On Feb 02
For the first time, someone from the South West is heading the EFCC. I thought I would see something different, but I was so wrong.

I want to see an EFCC that works with relevant government agencies to prevent financial crimes from happening, instead of taking medicine after death.

If as Naija hard like this, I get the opportunity to head an important office and loot 1 billion. Then, EFCC takes me to court and expects me to vomit the 1 billion? Those ones na jokers oh!

Na to use Olisa Metuh or Dino Melaye fainting style, end up for hospital and later ask for plea bargain and give them 200 million. Later, I go pocket 800 million 😁😁😁

EFCC, change your strategy! Medicine after death doesn't work in Nigeria.

28 Likes

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by erniok(m): 5:52am On Feb 02
So they told you it won't be used against you, you then told the truth abi? Where deceive take come enter again abeg. Oga vomit the money no waste time.

6 Likes

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by Gten(m): 5:52am On Feb 02
Where you deceived to steal the money too?
Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by veekid(m): 5:52am On Feb 02

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by Mare12345: 5:52am On Feb 02
Thieves!
Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by ROTTWEILER007: 5:53am On Feb 02
Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by oluwaseunamos33(m): 5:53am On Feb 02
As old as you are, do you mean despite being a perfect criminal someone can deceive you? Lie kill you there

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by Brenbentondiaz: 5:53am On Feb 02
This guy just admitted that he's a complete idiot. Lolz.

8 Likes

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by cnandy: 5:53am On Feb 02
Yoruba man is too corrupt
Send him to prison

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by Successkay12(m): 5:54am On Feb 02
inoki247:
Lol But your Statement account wasn't deceived.....

How can you deceive me to claim money wey I no get when I no be Lekki Boy's abg carry ur story comot for here....
Smile
Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by Brenbentondiaz: 5:55am On Feb 02
Ibecon:
Yoruba politicians na the biggest thieves, just like that monkey that stole $6 billion

Can't just manage to hide your inferiority complex. When they come for you now you will be wailing and wondering why they hate your primitive tribe.

6 Likes

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by AzaHub(f): 6:02am On Feb 02
Interesting claim.

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by fearlessfang: 6:02am On Feb 02
The fact that Nigerians are watching this endless display of corruption beats me. It is so funny that any country would sit down and watch criminal leaders eat and embezzle their future away.

You people have not seen hardship, when the one hovering around you finally makes a fall soon, Somalia would be a better place.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by Femisol(m): 6:02am On Feb 02
You must be a comedian and a 21st century Mumu grin

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by mrdharkchild(m): 6:04am On Feb 02
Nothing to see here, just politicians fighting for their own pockets.
Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by jimoholuyemi3(m): 6:10am On Feb 02
Is your head paining you they deceived you and your lawyer too
That your head like Tiger-Nut
These people always think everyone is a fool like they're

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by Dannyset(m): 6:13am On Feb 02
sad

What kind of defense strategy is this? You should not be dumb at this level of service.

These rogues will bury Nigeria one day
Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by tunwumi: 6:14am On Feb 02
Huum
Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by oyeb15: 6:19am On Feb 02
Those properties too, they bought them for him abi?

Country of theives. It won't continue like this cos we have reached d record highest.

The bubble will burst sooner.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:24am On Feb 02
This country has indeed gone to the dogs. only God can redeem the whole system SMH
Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by Inspirer1: 6:37am On Feb 02
Wicked soul

So even if they told you that whatever you wrote won't be used against you, are you now saying the fool in you is who wrote that you committed fraud hence it should not be used against the fraudulent you?
Re: Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ by MorolayoVictor(m): 6:40am On Feb 02
This is tiring!

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Raises Alarm Over Deteriorating Health Of Nnamdi Kanu - Vanguard / Yahaya Bello Welcomed To Kaduna By Crowd Of His Supporters / ISWAP Attacks Boko Haram Terrorists Fleeing Military Bombardments In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.