Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents (14485 Views)

Nigerian Man Arrested In South Africa For Selling Drugs To Schoolchildren / Lady Commits Suicide After Threatening To Go Join Her Twin In Heaven / Mad Man Attacks Schoolchildren In Ogun, Kills 2 (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Egoveen: 8:58am On Feb 03
Timothy89:

I'm the one suffering, you're the one pained, don't you think you need help

Southeasterners are getting eggs and pure water free of charge now

Anything 100naira in southwest is 300 in southeast and no money to even buy am, na online you mumu dey form, if I hadn't spend years in your region I would have been in that delusion still

Maalu
Have you been to the east recently Oh you need to go back this time around and check and you'll be marveledgringrin,don't worry very soon you'll be buying one pure water for N200grin,i understand your frustrations......go to aso rock and vent your anger there nobody forced you to be shouting emilokan upandan,enjoy standing on eyinlokan mandate.......Utobogringrin
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Timothy89(m): 7:58pm On Feb 03
Egoveen:
Have you been to the east recently Oh you need to go back this time around and check and you'll be marveledgringrin,don't worry very soon you'll be buying one pure water for N200grin,i understand your frustrations......go to aso rock and vent your anger there nobody forced you to be shouting emilokan upandan,enjoy standing on eyinlokan mandate.......Utobogringrin

Werey wetin dey east? Even my guy that traval for new year ran back to lag because of excess billing and dependant

Mumu kid, continue bragging on empty stomach onye ara
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by itzadorable333: 8:21pm On Feb 03
MallamSpicey:
Kidnappers threatening to kill Ekiti schoolchildren – Parents

Kidnappers threatening to kill Ekiti schoolchildren – Parents
2nd February 2024

Dayo Oyewo and Abiodun Nejo
Kindly share this story:

The kidnappers of five pupils and four staff members of the Apostolic Faith Group of Schools, Emure Ekiti, are threatening to kill their victims should the parents fail to pay ransom on them as quickly as possible.

The families of the kidnapped disclosed to The PUNCH on Thursday, that the abductors had reduced the ransom to N15m.

This was as the police said they had arrested 13 suspected in connection with the Monday killing of two Ekiti monarchs-the Onimojo of Imojo, Oba Olatunde Olusola and the Elesun of Esun Ekiti, Oba Babatunde Ogunsakin, by suspected kidnappers.

Gunmen operating on the Emure-Ekiti — Iporo Ekiti road attacked a bus conveying over 25 pupils of the Apostolic Faith Group of Schools, Emure Ekiti, after closing hours.

Relatives of the victims in separate telephone interviews with one of our correspondents, said the kidnappers who initially demanded N100m, reduced it to N15m after negotiations with the families.

The families, however, said the abductors insisted on the prompt payment of the reduced ransom warning that the kidnapped children were becoming weak.

According to them, they also threatened to kill the victims, if the relatives failed to pay the ransom.

Kidnappers’ ransom

The Principal of the secondary section of the school, Boje Olanireti, had on Tuesday told The PUNCH that although there were over 25 pupils in the bus, five were taken away with four staff members.

The schoolchildren were abducted on the same day gunmen killed two Ekiti monarchs-the Onimojo of Imojo, Oba Olatunde Olusola, and the Elesun of Esun Ekiti, Oba Babatunde Ogunsakin, while the Alara of Ara Ekiti, Oba Adebayo Fatoba, narrowly escaped.

In an interview with The PUNCH on Thursday, Pastor Clement Adebisi, whose wife, Mary, was among the kidnapped staff members, said the kidnappers told them to get the money on time while revealing that the children were already getting weak.

He said his wife was on the bus with his three children but the kidnappers took the woman away and left the children.

Adebisi stated, “We just spoke with them two hours ago and they concluded that we should pay N15m. They told us that the children were already getting weak and we should find the money on time and come and take them out of their place. “

“One of my children who tried to follow her mother was beaten and thrown into the bush. It was the eldest sister that went to carry her. She even fainted twice when they got home,” he added.

Another parent, Adebisi Jegede, whose wife, Esther, and daughter Ogoolami, are among the victims, said the abductors threatened to kill their victims.

He said, “My wife is a teacher and I was the first person they called and that was the second day around 2pm. When they first called me, they said we should bring N10m each to secure their release.

‘’When they called me the second time, they started to beat my wife and the children and kept asking for money. They threatened to kill them if we did not pay the money.”

Also, Oluwadare Oniya, the father of nine-year-old Peace who is among the victims, said the kidnappers were initially offered N500,000 but they got angry and rejected it.

Also, a source, who said that about N3m had been raised so far towards the release of the kidnapped persons, said, “The gunmen are threatening that they would kill the victims if the money is not paid on time. They have asked us to bring N15m for the kidnapped persons.

“What we need now is money to secure the release of our children and wives because we just had a conversation with the kidnappers. Today, they called four to five times. They said the ransom is now 15m.”

Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer, Ekiti State Command, Sunday Abutu, said on Thursday , said that police had arrested eight more suspects in the forests in the state in connection with the killing of two Ekiti obas.

https://punchng.com/kidnappers-threatening-to-kill-ekiti-schoolchildren-parents/
From Kwara they came, Ilorin fell. And now Ekiti...
Omo Oodua's wake up now or never...
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Torg77: 8:48pm On Feb 03
Gi
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Egoveen: 4:34am On Feb 04
Timothy89:

Werey wetin dey east? Even my guy that traval for new year ran back to lag because of excess billing and dependant

Mumu kid, continue bragging on empty stomach onye ara
I left Lagos for una since 2020 immediately after the #endsars saga,when i was over there in Lagos poverty nearly finished me not until i decided to go inback to my dear father land (east),since then I've experienced a lot of changes both financially and otherwise,when i was in Lagos i use to bark like a dog just as you are doing nowgrin because of frustrations but now i am a very happy man because i dodged a bullet by leaving your Lagos for you na em you get mind dey talk about your guy that ran back because of excess billing and dependentgringringrin i think your guy is mistaken Edo for eastgrin.......are you a comedian...very funny walahigringrin
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Sunnyski: 3:53pm On Feb 05
Timothy89:

The wishes to your households

It will get to you very soon cheesy cheesy
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Timothy89(m): 6:02pm On Feb 05
Sunnyski:

It will get to you very soon cheesy cheesy

Is getting to you within 24hrs except if I ever wish you death that you won't taste it within 24hrs
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Timothy89(m): 6:03pm On Feb 05
Egoveen:
I left Lagos for una since 2020 immediately after the #endsars saga,when i was over there in Lagos poverty nearly finished me not until i decided to go inback to my dear father land (east),since then I've experienced a lot of changes both financially and otherwise,when i was in Lagos i use to bark like a dog just as you are doing nowgrin because of frustrations but now i am a very happy man because i dodged a bullet by leaving your Lagos for you na em you get mind dey talk about your guy that ran back because of excess billing and dependentgringringrin i think your guy is mistaken Edo for eastgrin.......are you a comedian...very funny walahigringrin

Ode Igbo land is ntn to write home about, brag here and go and beg offline, you're the joke yourself

Mutala
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Egoveen: 8:17pm On Feb 05
Timothy89:

Ode Igbo land is ntn to write home about, brag here and go and beg offline, you're the joke yourself

Mutala
And your sisters are everywhere in igboland selling Agbogringrin,they full Onitsha,Nnewi,awka,ekwulobia,OWERRI,aba to mention but a few selling their Agbo peacefully without any disturbance,Igbo land is nothing to write home about o,who knows inside village for arochukwu wey dey post you for nysc you come dey use am qualify all Igbo land..........dey playgrin
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Timothy89(m): 8:51pm On Feb 05
Egoveen:
And your sisters are everywhere in igboland selling Agbogringrin,they full Onitsha,Nnewi,awka,ekwulobia,OWERRI,aba to mention but a few selling their Agbo peacefully without any disturbance,Igbo land is nothing to write home about o,who knows inside village for arochukwu wey dey post you for nysc you come dey use am qualify all Igbo land..........dey playgrin

If Igbo land is cool those hawking and run after motor on Lagos road would have returned

What's in brain of you cows is bragging, region that a single person order to sit at home on Monday, mumu people
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Egoveen: 12:35pm On Feb 06
Timothy89:

If Igbo land is cool those hawking and run after motor on Lagos road would have returned

What's in brain of you cows is bragging, region that a single person order to sit at home on Monday, mumu people
come to Onitsha you'll see guys hawking and chasing vehicles,go to aba,OWERRI,abakaliki to mention but a few,there is always activities on any busy Nigerian road,you won't believe that there are Yoruba guys selling bottle minerals and bottle water at the mgbidi junction trafficgringrin
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Timothy89(m): 1:22pm On Feb 06
Egoveen:
come to Onitsha you'll see guys hawking and chasing vehicles,go to aba,OWERRI,abakaliki to mention but a few,there is always activities on any busy Nigerian road,you won't believe that there are Yoruba guys selling bottle minerals and bottle water at the mgbidi junction trafficgringrin

Happy hawking day in Onitsha

You painted Igbo as Abu Dhabi yet you're celebrating other hawking there, third world region, continue rejoicing in your foolishness
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Egoveen: 3:11pm On Feb 06
Timothy89:

Happy hawking day in Onitsha

You painted Igbo as Abu Dhabi yet you're celebrating other hawking there, third world region, continue rejoicing in your foolishness
You sound so incoherent,are you not painting Lagos as the heaven of Nigeria Are there no hawkers in lagos as well,i hate it when one isale oyo indigene will be claiming lagosiangrin,igboland will soon show you that they are the Dubai of this country just wait for it......if you don't like it go back to isale oyo and cry me a rivergringrin
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by BabbanBura(m): 9:06am On Mar 11
Glory018:
Omo these people are heartless oo💔
Who raised these motherfuckers!!Channel your energy to your bad politicians

I wished they will so do, they will have my support!

Glory shey u no wan answer me abi?
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Glory018(f): 11:39am On Mar 31
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Glory018(f): 11:41am On Mar 31
BabbanBura:

I wished they will so do, they will have my support!

Glory shey u no wan answer me abi?

Lol, I didn’t get your message.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Residents Nab 60-yr-old Woman With 6 Children Tied Up; It’s Fake News — Police / Police Nab Fake Soldier In Ebonyi / Man Kills Neighbour Over Bucket Of Water In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.