Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% (30184 Views)

Airfares Drop As Foreign Carriers Unblock Low-priced Tickets / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by xandy84: 8:41pm On Feb 02
You can't legislate a country to prosperity. If such is possible, there will be no need to study economics in university and country who tried such found out the hard way. Zimbabwe tried what you stated here but it only made it worse. The moment the government begins to strong arm free market, investors will lose confident in local currency and inflation will skyrocket.
Another country that tried the approach you state was Venezuela. The president implemented various draconian laws just to shore up local currency and the effect makes local currency worthless than the paper it was printed on. In the height of inflation in Venezuela, you need a wheelbarrow full of cash to buy bread.

NAC1666:

Says who. I warned government from unifying the CBN rate and the black market rate. Which sane country operates two different BDC and aspect it currency to still have value?
Solution is,1. Arrest all the black market BDC and charge them to court for economic sabotage.
2. Only the commercial banks to be allowed to operate BDC.
3.Nigeria should stop importing fuel especially now Dangote has started production.
4. Nnpc should be disbanded and all the various chairmen be arrested for failure to remit into the federation Account for almost 3years.
5.The NPF should be empowered to arrest any individual spending dollar or holding dollars inside the country.
6. All transactions of international trade should be done by the banks whereby money will be transferred from Nigeria banks to any
Part of the world where it's needed.
It's not a rocket science to make the naira strong,just common sense

1 Like

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Bigsteveg(m): 9:00pm On Feb 02
Zanzibar1:

The government is not in control of the dollar.
Can't you see the spike in naira to dollars rate, and the government measures to control it

They won't understand, no need of convincing anyone. Just agree with them and move on
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by henrimoto(m): 9:08pm On Feb 02
gaby:
Lobatan

Even Japa don jam Sapa

I want enter studio to make a hit single titled

" Japa see Sapa hala Emilokan".

Make una help me find Don Jazzy, Davido, or Olumide.

We are bringing the Grammy home...

I hate to be the purveyor of this, but if you are a Nigeian and can't afford to shore up your Naira by saving in Dollars, abeg, go buy CFA.

No thanks, don't mention.

Use your opolo.
Bros, no be lie. Sense dey you talk.

My friend travelled to Cameroon last week, my say, Cameroon CFA don pass Naira by X2+..

..Even small CFA now, go give you X2 of Naira.

1 Like

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by gaby(m): 9:12pm On Feb 02
henrimoto:
Bros, no be lie. Sense dey you talk.

My friend travelled to Cameroon last week, my say, Cameroon CFA don pass Naira by X2+..

..Even small CFA now, go give you X2 of Naira.

Most people will take this as a joke.

$1 exchanges for tops 600CFA.

When a good number of Nigerians get in on this, tell me how dem wan take save the Naira?

Na to dey stroll enter Benin Relublic and Niger everyday to bury the Naira and allow Dollar Breaffff

See the raw evidence.

I no dey do emotions but facts...

1 Like

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by MomohMrMoore: 9:14pm On Feb 02
So this government came to finish off Nigeria.
Naira free fall as if the country is fighting civil war. The worst performing currency in the whole world.
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by henrimoto(m): 9:16pm On Feb 02
gaby:

Most people will take this as a joke.

$1 exchanges for tops 600CFA.

When a good number of Nigerians get in on this, tell me how dem wan take save the Naira?

Na to dey stroll enter Benin Relublic and Niger everyday to bury the Naira and allow Dollar Breaffff

See the raw evidence.

I no dey do emotions but facts...
Bros. Abeg , throw more light on the bolded part, Abeg.
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by gaby(m): 9:20pm On Feb 02
henrimoto:

When everybody understand this dynamics, even you go turn to Billionaire in Naira but without a loaf of bread in your house.

Them son kill the country. Na burial arrangement dey go on right now.

Make una open una minds and eyes.

I no dey look for friends or people to like me for real life not to talk of offline.

I dey only try to educate as much as I can.

1 Like

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by gaby(m): 9:22pm On Feb 02
henrimoto:

Find way to Cameron or Benin, convert your hard earned money to CFA by transfer. Siddon for one corner dey observe the madness with Naira.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by AngelicBeing: 9:24pm On Feb 02
gaby:
Lobatan

Even Japa don jam Sapa

I want enter studio to make a hit single titled

" Japa see Sapa hala Emilokan".

Make una help me find Don Jazzy, Davido, or Olumide.

We are bringing the Grammy home...

I hate to be the purveyor of this, but if you are a Nigeian and can't afford to shore up your Naira by saving in Dollars, abeg, go buy CFA.

No thanks, don't mention.

Use your opolo.
tongue
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by gaby(m): 9:27pm On Feb 02

1 Like

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by UptownVibes(m): 9:35pm On Feb 02
lexy2014:

who is in control of the dollar?

who is supposed to be in control of the dollar?
His grand father is in control

1 Like

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 9:52pm On Feb 02
Zanzibar1:

Can't you see the spike in naira to dollars rate, and the government measures to control it

And Jonathan was in charge of dollar rate in 2015 when APC-Yorubas lead propaganda protest against him ? cheesy
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Andyfelix(m): 10:21pm On Feb 02
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Make una leave us alone with this type of news,na person wa chop belle full da travel grin cheesy tongue.
😄😄😄😄
I ❤️ ur comment
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Brenn594(m): 10:22pm On Feb 02
This is why you need an ambitious government to run a country and not a "Cartel" you can imagine the rate at which dollar is edging naira but dem polithiefcians aren't finding it hard to travel unnecessarily.
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by finallybusy: 10:22pm On Feb 02
No shock here.
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Aloof: 11:07pm On Feb 02
Zanzibar1:

Who is in control of the dollar?
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Zanzibar1: 11:34pm On Feb 02
Aloof:

Who is in control of the dollar?
I am the one
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Omniman(m): 11:56pm On Feb 02
Chai, My plane ticket was 249,591 British airways Abuja to Manchester 🥺

Things has really gone bad
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by blackgold2018(m): 4:32am On Feb 03
Zanzibar1:

you know nothing about economy
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Iamzik: 6:21am On Feb 03
Zanzibar1:

Government is not in control? Are you alright??
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Zanzibar1: 6:25am On Feb 03
Iamzik:

Government is not in control? Are you alright??
No I'm not
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Olaolex: 6:46am On Feb 03
Zanzibar1:

Who is this abeg?
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Olaolex: 6:47am On Feb 03
Zanzibar1:

No I'm not
Oh! It's obvious you aren't.
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Amaggedon: 9:54am On Feb 03
Zanzibar1:

So the government is not incontrol because a yoruba man is now the president?
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Gerrard59(m): 2:24pm On Feb 03
The solution is to book the flight while abroad and never while in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Gerrard59(m): 2:26pm On Feb 03
planetx:
Take a road trip around Nigeria or West Africa instead of London or NY.

It was stated in the article that very few Nigerians fly for leisure, let alone fly to those locations for tourism.

Post aside, APC right from Buhari made Nigerians poorer. The demotion is mind-boggling!

1 Like

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Gerrard59(m): 2:28pm On Feb 03
MasterTeeUSA:
Even flights to Naija from US UK don increase like ...a it's not only from Nigeria...thank God for some low cost airline...no food, you pay for each luggage, no movies and all...but they only do certain routes US to UK...the rise in flight prices na everywhere o

Isn't that dependent on seasons? Say Christmas rather than now? If I, as a resident in the abroad, book a flight to Nigeria to fly by, say, March or May, shouldn't it be cheaper than doing so while in Nigeria?
Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by Gerrard59(m): 2:38pm On Feb 03
NAC1666:

Says who. I warned government from unifying the CBN rate and the black market rate. Which sane country operates two different BDC and aspect it currency to still have value?

Let's dissect your unfounded post one by one.

Solution is,1. Arrest all the black market BDC and charge them to court for economic sabotage.
Your buddy dictator Buhari could not do it as that would be illegal. We are not in a military regime.

2. Only the commercial banks to be allowed to operate BDC.
Not true. There exists exchanger spots in different parts of the world not owned by banks. Why should Nigeria be different? Anyone should be allowed to change the naira or vice versa to any currency of his/her choice anywhere in the country, which must not necessarily be a bank.

3.Nigeria should stop importing fuel especially now Dangote has started production
Dangote is selling at global prices. So, the savings from buying from Dangote is strictly logistical. Dangote would not sell to NNPC at below prevailing market prices o. I don't know where you got that info from.

4. Nnpc should be disbanded and all the various chairmen be arrested for failure to remit into the federation Account for almost 3years.

Mission impossicant. BTW, NNPC chiefs cannot be corrupt without the involvement of senior government officials. Who was the Minister of Petroleum under Buhari's administration? You people over-rate your elites.

5.The NPF should be empowered to arrest any individual spending dollar or holding dollars inside the country.

See above. The major spenders of dollars are your elites. When did elites start arresting elites? Who bought delegates' votes with dollars?

6. All transactions of international trade should be done by the banks whereby money will be transferred from Nigeria banks to any
Part of the world where it's needed.

This has always been the policy ab initio. How else do you think international transaction are made? Via OPay?

It's not a rocket science to make the naira strong,just common sense

The naira cannot be strong and, in fact, ought not to be strong. Nigeria does not need a strong naira. South Korean Won and Japanese Yen are very weak. It is common to read billions and trillions of Won and Yen, whereas these sums are millions in dollars. Is Nigeria better than any of those East Asian countries?

1 Like

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by MasterTeeUSA: 6:40pm On Feb 03
Compared to the past, it has increased...Christmas is even worse...flight to Nigeria $5000 and nor business or first class...economy...I had to go from US to UK on low cost airline then UK to Nigeria when I saw that US to Naija July time was $1700 and splitting was $1800 with opportunity to visit UK going and coming...omo something is not right and the planes to Naija was still FULL o hahaha

Gerrard59:

Isn't that dependent on seasons? Say Christmas rather than now? If I, as a resident in the abroad, book a flight to Nigeria to fly by, say, March or May, shouldn't it be cheaper than doing so while in Nigeria?

Re: Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% by surgical: 9:53am On Feb 04
Gerrard59:

It was stated in the article that very few Nigerians fly for leisure, let alone fly to those locations for tourism.

Post aside, APC right from Buhari made Nigerians poorer. The demotion is mind-boggling!
They are the enemies referred to, they have come to steal,to kill and to destroy and they are doing a good job of it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fully Loaded Tanker Falls At Mile 2 Lagos, Spilling Its Content (Photos) / Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng / Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.