Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,427 members, 7,846,784 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Is There Still Hope For Web3 Gaming? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is There Still Hope For Web3 Gaming? (143 Views)

Portal Gaming: Unleashing Web3 Gaming For Everyone / Internet Innovation, Blockchain Tech; Crypto, NFTs, Metaverse & Web3.0 Thread / Any Hope For TBC Holders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There Still Hope For Web3 Gaming? by RidwanMalik: 1:31pm On Feb 02
I still remember when web3 gaming projects were too hyped like Axie Infinity, and many more but now these projects have faded away, cuz I don't see them trending on twitter anymore. Like I could say It's dead but alive somewhere. I am sure a lot of you have seen metaverse games but these are also gone within hype.

Anyway I couldn't say it's fully dead cuz the innovation in Web3 gaming hasn't stopped. In fact, it's still breathing. just recently I saw a few youtubers talking about new game called matr1x fire. And you know I didn't just watch them but researched little bit into this. And seeing it's a FPS game. I had a feeling that I have seen this somewhere, and yeah it's the same game, which had risen 20 mil in funding from Crypto VC firms in 2023.
So it's according to their road map is to launch this game on Android and PC first. And they also have plans to launch two more games: MATR1X WAR & MATR1X EVOLUTION. Which could be metaverse based games. Overall it's like a Web3 hub for games, NFTs, Esports, and community.

Anyway, they fuel its entire ecosystem with the token called FIRE. This token powers in-game features, potentially offering players ownership and value beyond just playtime. It's already listed on major exchanges like Bitget and Kucoin, indicating early investor interest.

This gives me a bit of hope that it's somehow alive and will eventually lead to widespread adoption of Web3 gaming, but I want to know what you guys think?
Re: Is There Still Hope For Web3 Gaming? by Abigailzino(f): 9:29am On Feb 03
RidwanMalik:
I still remember when web3 gaming projects were too hyped like Axie Infinity, and many more but now these projects have faded away, cuz I don't see them trending on twitter anymore. Like I could say It's dead but alive somewhere. I am sure a lot of you have seen metaverse games but these are also gone within hype.

Anyway I couldn't say it's fully dead cuz the innovation in Web3 gaming hasn't stopped. In fact, it's still breathing. just recently I saw a few youtubers talking about new game called matr1x fire. And you know I didn't just watch them but researched little bit into this. And seeing it's a FPS game. I had a feeling that I have seen this somewhere, and yeah it's the same game, which had risen 20 mil in funding from Crypto VC firms in 2023.
So it's according to their road map is to launch this game on Android and PC first. And they also have plans to launch two more games: MATR1X WAR & MATR1X EVOLUTION. Which could be metaverse based games. Overall it's like a Web3 hub for games, NFTs, Esports, and community.

Anyway, they fuel its entire ecosystem with the token called FIRE. This token powers in-game features, potentially offering players ownership and value beyond just playtime. It's already listed on major exchanges like Bitget and Kucoin, indicating early investor interest.

This gives me a bit of hope that it's somehow alive and will eventually lead to widespread adoption of Web3 gaming, but I want to know what you guys think?

Web3 gaming isn't dead, but some of them have lost their hype. I personally am not too much of a web3 game enthusiast as I mostly stick to the investor path, not really playing the game.

That's exactly what I'm doing with MATR1X, I'm taking on the investor path by acquiring and investing in the FIRE token.
Re: Is There Still Hope For Web3 Gaming? by PalazoGiggy(m): 11:08am On Feb 03
I played the Upland and Axie infinity games last year and earn some tokens by playing which was quite interesting but my interest in AI tokens made me focus less on this gameFi project but looking at MATRIX model, I might give it a shot since the native token is not quite popular ATM. Perhaps with the exposure the token is getting via the listing on Bitget, early holders of the token might smile eventually but it's NFA tho

(1) (Reply)

Real And Correct Airdrop / Zoom Meeting - Training On How To Make Money On Uccmarket.com & Strategies / Top 10 Nigerian Finance Blogs For 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.