Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 (40789 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa AFCON 2023 Semi-Finals (4 - 2)pens On 7 Feb 2024 / Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 / Cameroon Vs Egypt: AFCON 2021 Semi-Finals: . (1 - 3) pen On 3rd Feb 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by FreeIgboho: 5:00pm On Feb 04
TOPCRUISE:
This south Africa keeper is a beast. So good. Saved 4 goal bound penalties out of 5.
The best keeper so far in this tournament.

You don’t have to be a good keeper to save penalties. You have to be a good mentalist/mind-reader

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by FreeIgboho: 5:05pm On Feb 04
Rumundele:
Cape Verde shows they are amateur in a big game like this. Their eye contact show SA goalkeeper where they will place the ball and makes it easy for the GK to save almost all even the one he didnt save he followed it. Even me will catch all the penalties

Not the players’ fault. It’d be hard to score penalty against a trained mentalist
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by FreeIgboho: 5:07pm On Feb 04
femicyrus:
Congo and Nigeria are the two teams yet to lose a match in this afcon and may play the final

South Africa & ivory coast are the two CAF backed team in afcon and may be rigged into the final

Ivory coast for crowd at the stadium and south Africa for CAF president.

The same CIV that was already out but for Morocco?
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by FreeIgboho: 5:09pm On Feb 04
silibaba:

They are good at scoring free kick outside box 18. I thought penalty will be a work over, but they have proven me wrong.

It’s not the players, it is the keeper - a trained mentalist
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by FreeIgboho: 5:13pm On Feb 04
MT:
Nigeria must finish the game within regulation time.

Pride at stake!.

Eagles even if you wont win the cup, winning South Africa is enough trophy for me pleaaaaaassssseeeeee

South Africans will be thinking the same. Grudge match loading. Game on!
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by iLegendd(m): 5:49pm On Feb 04
Christlike01:

Lol ! You know you're funny,right ? Some of these characters we often come across here though ! Which money is even there to make in Cape Verde to start with ?! Lol,I mean,who goes to Cape Verde to look for work,which work ? To work as a tourist guide or as what exactly ?! To His glory and by His grace,I'm above that level which anyone,Black or White can disrespect anywhere in the world,I say that without being immodest.

Anyway,Mr Moneybag,if you think those pretty Cape Verdean girls will be running after you or falling over themselves to get your attention because you just landed in their country with some dollars in your bag,especially a black guy,trust me, you're in for a very big shock !

You'll be given a nice courtesy and welcomed very well into their country as a tourist or even as a business person,but trust me,it doesn't go beyond that. Their hotel services and all of that are a topnotch,you'll have a very nice time but you'll cough out some big dough to land their own kind of "olosho". Trust me,it is not cheap !

Though they are Africans,but vast majority of Cape Verdeans don't see themselves as one ! I repeat again,whether you believe it or not is not even an issue for me, Cape Verdeans are not friendly with black people ! Go there first and come back here later to burst all my lies. E go shock you,those guys want you out of their country as quickly as possible even with that your money !

I'm done with this shalaye anyway.
Okay

Read your first 4 lines and didn't see the need to read everything. Whatever you said, you're right.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by flexyrule(m): 5:57pm On Feb 04
FreeIgboho:

grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I didn't even remember saying something like that....

I just saw your mention I'm like... When did I even type this one.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by WantsandMore: 6:08pm On Feb 04
FreeIgboho:

grin
Cape Verdians fall my hand with their selfish ass game wenner lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by Hamachi(f): 7:03pm On Feb 04
produce:
With this formation of play Nigeria will beat South Africa first 90 minutes cheesy
Talk is cheap
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by Hamachi(f): 7:05pm On Feb 04
Phraences:
Nigeria should not dare to enter penalty. They must win convincingly. All their matches they have been struggling. We must not lose against a xenophobic country.
it's most likely would end in penalty.
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by dominique(f): 8:05pm On Feb 04
Phraences:
The power of the mind. When you feel you cannot achieve something you usually don’t. It seems like Cape Verde did not see themselves going to the semi finals cos i don’t understand this penalty kicks

They were overconfident that they never were going to defeat their opponents during regulation time. From the highlights I watched, it's obvious they didn't train for penalties.
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by efemena5050(m): 8:16pm On Feb 04
FreeIgboho:

grin Don’t know if you nailed it or missed. What does under 3.5 mean?
under 3.5 simply means no goals or perhaps if they will score it will not be up to 3 goals ....

I can predict any match for u just sit and watch ......
I NAILED IT BOSS.....
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by femi4: 10:52pm On Feb 04
geoworldedu:
Stanley conceded only one goal, he conceded two. Stanley never lost a match, he lost one. How is he then ahead of Stanley?
They only count clean sheets, if you like, win 100-1, it doesn't count as clean sheet
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by geoworldedu: 12:06am On Feb 05
femi4:
They only count clean sheets, if you like, win 100-1, it doesn't count as clean sheet
stanley has 4 clean sheets.
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by IronGalaxy: 1:52am On Feb 05
Phraences:
Nigeria should not dare to enter penalty. They must win convincingly. All their matches they have been struggling. We must not lose against a xenophobic country.
We also shouldn't lose against a tribalistic one
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by BALLOSKI: 6:59am On Feb 05
DeOTR:

His country of origin is Cape Verde idiot.
Even Pepe too.
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by femi4: 9:14am On Feb 05
geoworldedu:
stanley has 4 clean sheets.
They both have 4
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by geoworldedu: 11:18am On Feb 05
femi4:
They both have 4
So if they both have four, how come you're saying he has edge over stanley even though Stanley conceded lesser goals than him?
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by femi4: 2:27pm On Feb 05
geoworldedu:
So if they both have four, how come you're saying he has edge over stanley even though Stanley conceded lesser goals than him?
He had more playing time.

Nwabali didn't even complete 90mins against Cameroon
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by geoworldedu: 2:38pm On Feb 05
femi4:

he conceded 2 goals, Nwabali conceded just one.
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by femi4: 3:44pm On Feb 05
geoworldedu:
he conceded 2 goals, Nwabali conceded just one.
That doesn't count. Only clean sheets and game time does
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by ubev01(m): 5:49pm On Feb 06
Connected1:

Everything is racism? 😕, Nawa
They don't believe in African Football same way Americans don't believe in American Soccer and they encourage their kids to play Basketball.

Can you now see that it's not racism.
Americans dont believe in football yet spending huge money on mls, pioneered women football, investing heavily on foreign teams. Lol
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by geoworldedu: 9:28pm On Feb 06
femi4:
That doesn't count. Only clean sheets and game time does
Pls quote where the rule was stated.
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by Parser: 8:56pm On Feb 07
Brilliant performance from the coach!
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by Tesenak20: 9:02pm On Feb 07
Tesenak20:
South African goalkeeper and Captain was excellent in the penalty shoot out. He now competes with Stanley Nwabali of Nigeria for the best goalkeeper of the tournament.
Congratulations SouthAfrica.

Finally Stanley Nwabali emerges SUPERIOR.
CONGRATULATIONS STANLEY NWABALI.
Re: Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 by geoworldedu: 9:08pm On Feb 07
femi4:

Now I think you can conclude which of them is the better keeper. Willaims couldn't even save a penalty against real footballers. He saved 4 against Chicken legs. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Rohr Bans Players From Eating Goat Meat & Pepper Soup / Top 50 Richest Football Player In The World In 2013 / Akwa United captain Used Handkerchief As Captain Armband (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.