Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage (4908 Views)

Photos Of Stranded Passengers At The Airport Due To Fuel Scarcity / Photos: Ocean Of Travellers Today At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport / Giant (NIGERIAN) African Snails Seized At Los Angeles Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by member67023: 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2011
Last week I arrived Lagos int'l airport and during the Immigration check they noticed that my face and fingerprints were not showing on their scanner. That meant the chip on the passport has been damaged.
Looking closer, they showed me the cause - staple pinholes on the cover page.

There where a bunch of other people with the same problem.

They seized our passport. We had to fill a form and was told to come back next week to Immigration Alagbon office to be issued a new passport.

Has anyone experienced this and later re-issued a new passport?

If you are reading this and you have an e-passport, please be careful so this does not happen to you.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by olasdot: 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2011
Thanks bro
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by simpleman1: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2011
I had same problem on 20th of last month, Have you gone to Alagbon at all, I went there and was told to go to abuja to get a new passport.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by member67023: 6:35am On Nov 10, 2011
simpleman1:

I had same problem on 20th of last month, Have you gone to Alagbon at all, I went there and was told to go to abuja to get a new passport.
So what happens to the valid visas on the passport that they seized?
Na wa for Naija. From one story to another.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by Shoccs: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2011
This one na big problem oo.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by toppycateg: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2011
Pls i need urgent advise and assistance from any one in d house,my pasport was seize by d immigrations at d airport when traveling to UK,base on a fake stamp dat one useless agent went to put on my E pasport now it as given me serious Problem,since 2 weeks now and my visa is stil valid for 4months now,am so confuse now av bin beggin one immigratn officer to help me out he keep promising me but it seems he cant do it,pls anybody with useful means to get my pasport should pls help me in whatever way u can,if is to bargain it wil b alright by me.my email is Topellycatego@yahoo.co.uk,my number 08035603754.pls house i need ur urgent help tanx
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by toppycateg: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
House pls am waitin 4 urgent response pls tanx
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
toppycateg:

Pls i need urgent advise and assistance from any one in d house,my pasport was seize by d immigrations at d airport when traveling to UK,base on a fake stamp dat one useless agent went to put on my E pasport now it as given me serious Problem,since 2 weeks now and my visa is stil valid for 4months now,am so confuse now av bin beggin one immigratn officer to help me out he keep promising me but it seems he cant do it,pls anybody with useful means to get my pasport should pls help me in whatever way u can,if is to bargain it wil b alright by me.my email is Topellycatego@yahoo.co.uk,my number 08035603754.pls house i need your urgent help tanx

Why not contact the agent who gave u that stamp?
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by toppycateg: 6:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
He is out of the country since last year,if he is around there is nothin he can do because he as created a problem.Fake immigration stamp on E pasport is a serious issue 4 them,wel anybody wit useful means shud please offer me urgently tanx.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by justwise(m): 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
toppycateg:

He is out of the country since last year,if he is around there is nothin he can do because he as created a problem.Fake immigration stamp on E pasport is a serious issue 4 them,wel anybody wit useful means shud please offer me urgently tanx.

There is nothing anybody can do for you, if even you get the passport back travelling with it will be a prob as long as that fake stamp is on that passport. Learn from ur mistake, crime doesn't pay. Sorry i have to be blunt.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by dalebutt1: 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
@toppycateg, did the agent not tell you before puting the fake stamp on your passport? he must have talked to you about it and it seems you endorsed it. You people need to stop all this crime attitude man you need to stop and act responsibly in your dealings. you can go to Abuja g declare the previous missing and get a new one and send your passport to the respective embassy to get another visa stamp. I know if you by any chance scape through this it would not deter you from making similar moves.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by justwise(m): 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2011
dalebutt1:

@toppycateg, did the agent not tell you before puting the fake stamp on your passport? he must have talked to you about it and it seems you endorsed it. You people need to stop all this crime attitude man you need to stop and act responsibly in your dealings. you can go to Abuja g declare the previous missing and get a new one and send your passport to the respective embassy to get another visa stamp. I know if you by any chance scape through this it would not deter you from making similar moves.

How will he declare it missing when the passport is with the same immigration?
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by dalebutt1: 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ JUSTWISE, You really think they have record in this 9ja? the immigration system is like a central monitor in a typical cyber cafe
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by toppycateg: 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2011
@justwise i undastand al u said,but i want u to knw something i did not drop my pport 4 d agent to put any stamp but only to get me europe visas,is not my joy 4 me to b tamperin wit my pasport wit a fake stamp,d agent was tellin me he did dat in other to boost d chances of gettin visa,so am not a person dat do any kind of shady thins.Wel i appreciate ur response.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by imperiouxx(m): 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
toppycateg:

Pls i need urgent advise and assistance from any one in d house,my pasport was seize by d immigrations at d airport when traveling to UK,base on a fake stamp dat one useless agent went to put on my E pasport now it as given me serious Problem,since 2 weeks now and my visa is stil valid for 4months now,am so confuse now av bin beggin one immigratn officer to help me out he keep promising me  but it seems he cant do it,pls anybody with useful means to get my pasport  should pls help me in whatever way u can,if is to bargain it wil b alright by me.my email is Topellycatego@yahoo.co.uk,my number 08035603754.pls house i need your urgent help tanx  

Don't try to wash yourself clean of this matter. He is not a useless agent but that's what you guys bargained on: N1k to N2k in & out stamping of passports. You about involving in another dirty runs again by looking for anyone that can help you get your pp back. You will never learn. Go through the normal process, they will give you back.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by toppycateg: 8:45pm On Nov 12, 2011
@dalebutt tanx 4 ur advise,i did not put d stamp on my pport when i knw d consequences of  a thing how wil i go ahead and do it,wel u ppl wil not bliv i did not knw about d rubish d agent put on my pport, Is alright sha tanx 4 ur advise,
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by toppycateg: 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
@imperiouxx dats why am posting dis here,pls wats d way out 4 me to get my pport.Pls i need ur guideline on dis,because i dont knw hw to get it back dats why i said can someone help me.Pls i need ur guidance & response tanx.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by justwise(m): 8:29am On Nov 13, 2011
toppycateg:

@justwise i undastand al u said,but i want u to knw something i did not drop my pport 4 d agent to put any stamp but only to get me europe visas,is not my joy 4 me to b tamperin wit my pasport wit a fake stamp,d agent was tellin me he did dat in other to boost d chances of gettin visa,so am not a person dat do any kind of shady thins.Wel i appreciate your response.

What did the immigration asked you to do when they seized your passport at the airport?
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by toppycateg: 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2011
@justwise d immigration told me dat my pport is been impounded,dat means seize officialy,but 1 of them told me secretly dat i shud go and declare my pport missing.So am thinking now on d next thin 2 do,justwise i wil appreciate if u help me to do more research on dis tanx one luv.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by dalebutt1: 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2011
dont be such a whining little boy , justwise cant help you on this , I cant help you with what you might want, follow the advice given to you  secretly by the immigration officer, you might wana ask the embassy that issued you the visa before taking any action. If you post any silly message asking for help again am gona take it you are just seeking attention. Now sort yourself out
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by imperiouxx(m): 4:29pm On Nov 13, 2011
Neither can I help topcatty. I asked you to go through normal process because yours can't be the first case for them. Check their site and go to their office, explain your predicament to any of their senior officers you think s/he is approachable and hear what they will say.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by worry246(m): 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2011
Take plenty of cash mony to ease your proplem. grin grin grin
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by justwise(m): 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2011
toppycateg:

@justwise d immigration told me dat my pport is been impounded,dat means seize officialy,but 1 of them told me secretly  dat i shud go and declare my pport missing.So am thinking now on d next thin 2 do,justwise i wil appreciate if u help me to do more research on dis tanx one luv.

Your best point of call is the immigration office if you want to do things the right way.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by toppycateg: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2011
@imperiouxx Tanx @dalebutt1 am not creatin any awarenes here on my case i just need help.But dont worry is over,u dont need to insult me al because i am seeking assistance.God as solve al d case now. Anyway i appreciate al frm everyone tanx.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by toppycateg: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2011
Helo house,i need ur advise on dis issue i av gotten d another pasport,but d uk embasy told me to present affidavit,police report and a letter,which i did.I was told to go and do a fresh application,but d original document i submitted is with held by the agent,but i want to ask if i can use photocopy of d previous document and d photocopy of d visa?Is it advisable to use photocopy?Pls i need ur urgent advise tanx
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by member67023: 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2011
nakedwire:

Last week I arrived Lagos int'l airport and during the Immigration check they noticed that my face and fingerprints were not showing on their scanner. That meant the chip on the passport has been damaged.
Looking closer, they showed me the cause - staple pinholes on the cover page.

There where a bunch of other people with the same problem.

They seized our passport. We had to fill a form and was told to come back next week to Immigration Alagbon office to be issued a new passport.

Has anyone experienced this and later re-issued a new passport?

If you are reading this and you have an e-passport, please be careful so this does not happen to you.

Back to the topic.
I was at Alagbon last week and was lucky to be told that I can be re-issued a new e-passport there in lagos instead of going to Abuja.
So I paid some cash, scanned/snapped/fingerprints et al. I was told to come back the next day.
The next day, i picked both the old passport (stamped 'cancelled without prejudice') and the new one.
It was 2 days of stress and anxiety (as I dont live in Lagos) but it could have been worse.

This situation can really be painful. I met someone who was traveling out. His e-passport had the damaged chip problem, he automatically missed his flight with a lot of other negative consequences.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by toppycateg: 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2011
Nakedwire i wil b glad if u can give me d contact of d immigration dat help u out in Alagbon,i want to get another e pasport because my former epasport as been damage by stamp.Pls i nid ur urgent reply.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by Sammy79(m): 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2011
@toppcateg

Nakedwire i wil b glad if u can give me d contact of d immigration dat help u out in Alagbon,i want to get another e pasport because my former epasport as been damage by stamp.Pls i nid your urgent reply.

If your case is genuine, you do not need to fear or panick although it may cause you sometime and money going to and fro immigrations both in Lagos and Abuja.

All you need to do is to take a photocopy of the passport to the Alagbon immigration post and request to see whoever is in charge. They will give you further instruction i.e let you know if the passport is still with them or sent to Abuja (Department of Fraud Unit-DFU) from where it is sent to Comptroller General's office. All tampered passports are sent to the DFU. Once it gets to Comptroller's office, the passport is as good as gone. And you will definitely have problems travelling out of the country/ enough trouble with Embassies because of this.

You will be DIGGING your grave if you follow the advise of declaring your passport missing! It simply meant that your case is fraud if you do this and it will definetely backfire .BUT the onus is now on you to prove that the agent put the fake stamp on your passport (this can be very diifcult).

So where do you want to start? Start from where it was impounded and walk your way up. Remember! God will be on your side if your case is genuine. PLEASE know that being a genuine case does not automatically solve the problem rather the immigration will simply advise you apply and pay for another passport. If you think it is not genuine case, don't waste your time and resources, but wait for the tampered passport to expire after which you will apply for a new one.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by member67023: 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2011
toppycateg:

Nakedwire i wil b glad if u can give me d contact of d immigration dat help u out in Alagbon,i want to get another e pasport because my former epasport as been damage by stamp.Pls i nid your urgent reply.
@ toppycateg,
I don't have any immigration contact. I was there because my passport was seized at the airport due to chip damage. You can read my story above.
They only re-issue specifically for those that are in this category.
All other re-issues probably have to go to Abuja.
You can call Abuja help desk (09-6706896) for more information regarding your situation.
Re: E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage by toppycateg: 12:12am On Dec 02, 2011
Sammy hmmm,i read thru ur thread and i see dat there is somethings u dont knw and somethings u ignore to say,but u seems 2 b perfect in ur sight.U knw evrythin tank GOD 4 ur life.See sammy am not tryin to defend myself in anyway,GOD knw is not me dat did al ds rubbish stamp but agent just to secure visa,i want to ask u sammy if u are not without a sin b d first to condemn me.U are sayin here about immigratn procedures,dat day my p was seized two other pple pport too were seized because of dis stamp but they collect bribe frm them and they gave them their pport.Supposin i av enough money i would not b posting ds kind of issue here and some1 like u wil not b escalating my case.See i knw wat is obtainable,one of d boss and some other officers told me frankly to go and get another one,because dat one they seized is useles.U and i knw in naija they dont follow due proces.Wat am scared of is dat they shud not go and use my pport for another person because those pple i dont trust them.There are many things happening at d port fake visa,impersonation.They see al dis things evryday but because of their pocket they wil not talk or act.Pls sammy av heard u,dont complicate issue here.If u b officer check urself well.Is ur hand clean?So i av nothin to wory is wel wit me.

(1) (Reply)

Want UK Student Accommodation? / Travel / beauty of nature: amazing confluence of rivers around the world

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.