Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola (38449 Views)

NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) / Samuel Okwaraji Died 32 Years Ago / Lionel Messi Wore A Lucky Amulet Before Playing Against Nigeria. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by ThePrimeEmpire: 8:03am On Feb 03
RIP Legend

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by jackie111(m): 8:04am On Feb 03
They really lied to us ooo. They told us that he was the one who scored the lone goal when India played Nigeria (99-1).

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by bolabadmus38: 8:05am On Feb 03
He was one of the most dedicated ever Nigerian player. He personally paid for his own flight tickets sometimes to honor his father's Land. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by Hohaiiiode(m): 8:08am On Feb 03
Poshvector12345:

Why?
Except say na him pension. Make everybody rest jare
no mind them o. Every thing for naija na dash dash dash. You have not done anything until you give out un budgeted money out to someone. And they wonder why there is corruption everywhere. May his soul rest in peace. 🪦 Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by OdefaGirl(f): 8:09am On Feb 03
I remembered him too and I talked about him when Onyeka was being carried out on a stretcher...... It was just the same way I saw Sam being carried out in a picture. 🥺 And then we shouted...."and it's the same Angola that they were playing with". Rest on Legend.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by FKMagazine(m): 8:15am On Feb 03
Rip legend

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by masseratti: 8:19am On Feb 03
davies:
RIP Samuel Okwaraji, I hope Nigeria government fulfill all their promises towards the family he left behind.
Lagos state government especially Fashola honoured him, I think he rebuilt his statue at the national stadium tho.. Plus I think Okwaraji family were not paupers tho, the guy was still in university doing his masters and was a lawyer, Great respect to him may his soul rest in Peace.. Anytime we face Angola that memories fly by, worse part is after his death the team still didn't make it to the world cup finals.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by israelmao(m): 8:21am On Feb 03
Another good way to remember Okwaraji;let present Eagles donate their widow's mite to his family and FG as well.
Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by cybergawd: 8:29am On Feb 03
Dude was my neighbor. His mum taught me in Primary three. Mama could flog shege comot for person body, and I heard "nwii" from her, but her younger sister who happened to be their last child hear am that year from my hand, during our secondary school days. Na Sam dey settle our whenever he was in the country. He even gave me a jersey when he was playing for Stuttgart, in Germany, pleaded with me not to harm his sister. Man was a gentle soul.
RIP Sam

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by Seunpapa65: 8:30am On Feb 03
After his death what happened next we move on honestly Nigeria is not worth dying for
Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by femi4: 8:30am On Feb 03
SuperOnyi:
shocked

They should have been so respectful enough in toning down chatgpt robotic generated texts.
So, in your mind...humans cannot write "poignant" or "adamant"
Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:32am On Feb 03
May His Soul Continue To Rest In perfect peace. Amen

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by Jman06(m): 8:35am On Feb 03
Rest on Barrister Samuel Sochukwuma Okwaraji

A lawyer and a footballer

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by ultimateprof: 8:42am On Feb 03
incogni2o:
At least, remember his family also, pay them some visit and give them some money.

Make e no be audio rememberance.

In fact, I am going to his family house now!
Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by U09ce: 8:44am On Feb 03
No be him score against India and then died suddenly? cheesy
Lol. Jokes aside, the gesture of the SE is exemplary

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by Kojochyke(m): 8:55am On Feb 03
Anguldi:
When Nigeria was worth dieing for wink Greet EASY E, TUPAC, DAGRIN🔥
Easy E... NWA... U kno music sha... Big ups

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by LOVEGINO(m): 8:58am On Feb 03
incogni2o:
At least, remember his family also, pay them some visit and give them some money.

Make e no be audio rememberance.
no be for dis country.
Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by promisechris63(m): 9:03am On Feb 03
You can never the likes of Yarimo and his bad belly colleagues here... If it was Peter Obi they will masturbate until they are dried up..

Rip Great Man!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by PrinceOfLagos: 9:03am On Feb 03
Rip Legend

You will always be remembered

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by pak: 9:05am On Feb 03
Lefty legend.

For those saying FG should remember their promise to his family.

I can't remember FG making any promise, besides he didn't have children and his closest relative - his aged mother is dead.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by Berankis: 9:23am On Feb 03
Anguldi:
Nigeria is still worth dying for, for those who her worth unlike "runners"...

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by simply22: 9:25am On Feb 03
May his soul continue to rest in perfect peace.
Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by hephzibah4u(m): 9:39am On Feb 03
Oh, Why do you feel its chatGPT sentence? People can't constructively compose words again? Lol

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by hephzibah4u(m): 9:40am On Feb 03
Oh, you know the place?

ultimateprof:

In fact, I am going to his family house now!
Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by hephzibah4u(m): 9:42am On Feb 03
Oh, Why do you feel its chatGPT sentence? People can't constructively compose words again? Lol

SuperOnyi:
shocked

They should have been so respectful enough in toning down chatgpt robotic generated texts.
Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by zedegit: 10:04am On Feb 03
Tabithatim:

Ppsted By The Super Eagles Official Handle

Dem no fit locate this Okwaraji family and invite the children to Afcon? Nobi all this lip service.
Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by Ykc2(m): 10:10am On Feb 03
Yoruba fuji musicians take okwaraji hammer thst time all of them sing with his name plus olive de coque

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by toygod2: 10:12am On Feb 03
h
Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by Austineva2: 10:26am On Feb 03
Whoever die for Nigeria died for nothing
See as an awesome Biafran wasted his precious life for the zoo and leaving his family in penury
Chai! I can never die for Nigeria, Never. Biafra remains my darling Nation
Re: Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola by Livingstone124: 10:29am On Feb 03
Anguldi:
may should you go and greet them yourself to avoid any mistake in the greeting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Junior Agogo Of Ghana Is Dead. / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Who Is Your Man Of The Match? / Fashanu Says Oliseh Is Our Messiah As He Shows Nairalander Around His Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.