Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class (13308 Views)

SOLD!! SOLD!07 Merc Benz CLS 55 AMG Up For Grabs!(unregistered)For 2.5m / Tokunbo 2001 Merc-benz C 320 For Sale.... / Sold Sold 2003 Merc Benz Ml320 - Registerd Bt Hardly Used (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2011
embassyman:

Anyway, na u know, proving to me u can speak grammar, i dont care, sha tell me what can make My C-Class Benz that is carriying ML engine to go off immediately i put it in drive or reverse but will raise well when in parking mode, wat can cause that, i need to know ,cos the engine switch off itself whenever i engage the gear, pls help me out my people on Nairaland

Sounds like you've got a faulty idle control. This is meant to increase the engine rpm when any load is placed on it - turning the steering full lock, switching on the air con, engaging any gears etc.

If engine rpm's are too low, it will stall when you engage any driving gears. Besides faulty idle control, your throttle body could need a re-set to basic settings. Is there anything you did before you noticed this issue?
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by embassyman(m): 8:56am On Nov 29, 2011
It goes off immediately i put it in drive, so no room for me to increase the engine, i did worked on the gear and also change the gear support rubber
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hmmm. Try increasing the engine speed with the gas pedal, before engaging gear, see if the engine will stay on then. Don't rev too much though, otherwise the car will literally take off as soon as the selected gear is engaged!
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by embassyman(m): 10:01am On Nov 30, 2011
ok, thanks , i will do this
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by Ikenna351(m): 10:49am On Nov 30, 2011
What a drama on this thread!

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by lourash(m): 11:29am On Nov 30, 2011
Siena:

Hmmm. Try increasing the engine speed with the gas pedal, before engaging gear, see if the engine will stay on then. Don't rev too much though, otherwise the car will literally take off as soon as the selected gear is engaged!
if there is anything that gives me so much passion and that i will like to be , it will be an auto engineer, i really admire your knowledge about automobile. would like to discuss with you some time maybe i can get some info from you about that line,
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by emyworld: 11:48am On Nov 30, 2011
@ Siena,

I really appreciate your knowledge of cars. I need to frequently consult you. Could you send me your email address or phone no? my email add is emyworld2002@yahoo.com. Thanks Siena.
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by dagboss(m): 10:04am On Dec 01, 2011
@siena

I am also one of your Nairaland Elder Statesmen fans and admirers, but i have to say that you deliberately ignored my appeal for contributions when i raised a thread on the implications of buying vehicles with very high odometer. I remember i specifically mentioned you so that you will contribute because seriously i believe anything you say on any modern vehicle is sacrosanct. I did not even know your level of education and areas of specialization before having this deep confidence in you. I really felt bad more so when i specifically mentioned you, but there was nothing i could do as no be me send you to school. At my level and exposure i saw through my third eye that you got stuff, and in your usual conciliatory nature will you now explain why you deliberately ignored my post otherwise you will pay a gourd of palm wine, one he goat, ten tubers of yam and one 25lts keg of palm oil for the elders of Nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2011
dagboss:

@siena

I am also one of your Nairaland Elder Statesmen fans and admirers, but i have to say that you deliberately ignored my appeal for contributions when i raised a thread on the implications of buying vehicles with very high odometer. I remember i specifically mentioned you so that you will contribute because seriously i believe anything you say on any modern vehicle is sacrosanct. I did not even know your level of education and areas of specialization before having this deep confidence in you. I really felt bad more so when i specifically mentioned you, but there was nothing i could do as no be me send you to school. At my level and exposure i saw through my third eye that you got stuff, and in your usual conciliatory nature will you now explain why you deliberately ignored my post otherwise you will pay a gourd of palm wine, one he goat, ten tubers of yam and one 25lts keg of palm oil for the elders of Nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin

Oga, abeg, no vex oooh! cheesy I no even remember de thread wey you dey talk about sef. Abeg, send me d link, I go talk my own for dere till you sef go tire, so tay you go pursue me commot for ya thread! grin

As for de ting wey you request, no wahala. I go efen send tanker of palmy, 2 he goat, 20 tuber of yam and 50 lts palm oil for una, hehehe. wink
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2011
emyworld:

@ Siena,

I really appreciate your knowledge of cars. I need to frequently consult you. Could you send me your email address or phone no? my email add is emyworld2002@yahoo.com. Thanks Siena.

No worries bro. 07818 228 225 siena_@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by SleekReek(m): 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2011
I drive both a 2005 C230 Kompressor Benz and a 2002 Toyota Camry,when i change the battery on the Camry i always have issues with the idle speed of the car which usually normalizes after a few days of driving,however as the Camry got older the time before normalization becomes longer but with the Benz i have had a few reasons to change my battery twice and there has been no issues with the ride after changing the battery,i believe the issue posted by the thread owner is a an issue of either a bad alternator or voltage regulator or the battery is not sufficiently charged or not up 100 amps.
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by dagboss(m): 8:33am On Dec 02, 2011
@siena

Thanks for your prompt reply my dear one. I will write you a comprehensive mail on issues relating to one or two of my fleet, i have already "giraffed" cheesy cheesy your e-mail address from your post above, so expect a note from me. As for the thred, I don search tire with the level of computer literacy i have o i no see am, but it is a very simple question: what are the implications of buying a car/suv with a high odometer reading?

As for the issue under discussion, i do not think this theory applies to peogeot 307. Mine is a 2006 model bought brand new same year. I have lost count of how many battery changes i have made or removing my battery and using it to start madam's car, i never noticed any change o abi Peogeot has provided for this kind of situation?
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by Cruisez: 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
I have a 2002 toyota camry and i go through similar experience any time my mechanic disconnects the battery. My present worry is the AC. Whenever i power it on and accelerate, the engine makes a deep loud noise. The noise reduces then stops completely if i continue accelerating.
Siena, what do you think could be responsible for that? The engine runs smoothlywhen the AC is off.
Re: Removing Battery From Merc Benz C Class by defhenry(m): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
Dude, why dont you just shut up and grow up? Do u have anything personal against Siena? Abi ur intimidated by his vast knowledge?I tell you what u can do to remedy the situ, READ BOOKS/ JOURNALS, SHUT UP when more experienced folks talk,and stop BEEFING
embassyman: Well, thank God for gabrieli/costee and some few others who has come to resque me from the hands of my enemies and liars, As u Gabng/Siena, i wont say much to u, but dont ever arque on what u dont know or what u are not sure about again, cos there is nothing that kills than too-know, just say i am not sure or i dont know, when u are not sure of what someone says, Thanks,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Used 2003 Nissan Altima 2003.new Engine And Gear Box(800k Only) / Pre-order Your Auto From Germany And Switzerland and Belgium / CLEAN SCANIA COOLING VAN 16M LAST!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.