Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,595 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

I Forecast Currency Redomination And Print - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Forecast Currency Redomination And Print (119 Views)

OPay Warns Customers Against Cryptocurrency And Virtual Currency Trading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Forecast Currency Redomination And Print by ShenTeh(m): 4:12pm On Feb 04
Following the haphazard direction of our economy today, I foresee a currency redenomination by the Tinubu administration.

The value of the Naira has been so hit that we have an all-time low on the status of Africa giant's economy.

Circa early 2023, I met an Iranian who was telling me how good the Nigerian currency was compared to the Iranian which was exchanging for about 2000 to the British Pound because of several embargoes from the West. We were all joking that Nigeria's was way better at about 700. In response my other Nigerian friend told him we could never get worse. I retorted that based in the outlook of our presidential elections we could hit that in 3 years. Although I predicted the timeline wrong, I was right that we would hit the #2000 to 1 GBP.

President Tinubu openly stated during his presidential elections campaign to the clapping and cheering of supporters that FX exchange rate should not be Nigerians' concern as we do not transact businesses in USD. Sadly his supporters were cheering and clapping forgetting that ours is an import dependent economy.

Our president, self acclaimed mathematician and erstwhile successful auditor at ExxonMobil and Deloitte reminded Nigerians if "na statistics we go chop?" during one of his well publicised campaign outings. Today, statistics is biting us all uneasy.

I have reprimanded the double-mouths who claim that Tinubu did not win the election and at the same time also insist that many an 'emilokan' 'agbadorians' are responsible for the economic disaster that we currently are. The simple truth is that Tinubu won the that election. Yes frought with irregularities, but the elections have been contested and rested but the consequences are with us.

Yielding to World Bank/IMF's advice to devalue the Naira, deregulate the oil sector and shut down all subsidies is an idea that shows that we are not good students of history. Evidence has shown that there are no countries that have followed these imperialists' ideas to prosperity. Matter of fact, the leaders of these countries are heavily subsidized.

TBC ...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Make Money Using AI / Payoneer Accounts Needed. / Online Chatters Needed For Weekly Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.