Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding (10421 Views)

Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun / $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria / CBN Uncovers $2.4bn Foreign Exchange Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by onadana: 3:56pm On Feb 05
9jii:
We ll get there.
The enemy of this country will be disappointed
Nigeria ll be great Insha Allah

Will be great since when....just make sure your children's future is padded and insulated against all these madness happening in Nigeria. We don't want a situation in future where our children will be telling themselves...papa no try at all...long after our demise.
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Gboom: 3:59pm On Feb 05
There are a lot of fraudsters and thieves in every sector of Nigerian economy try to reap where they did not sow.

1 Like

Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by seunjungle1(m): 4:09pm On Feb 05
Are you minding these children of yesterday? Some of them were still still in heaven or maybe their fathers were still trying to get a way to their mothers when Abacha govt introduced us to sawdust as a means of cooking(sawdust was even sold then).

PressMyButton:

The military pegged back naira while they enjoyed oil boom yet they later killed our national assets, the shipping lines, NigeriaAir, Refineries, etc. The military that made your parents used sawdust to cook. You must be less than 15years.

2 Likes

Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by t2luv1: 4:10pm On Feb 05
PressMyButton:

The military pegged back naira while they enjoyed oil boom yet they later killed our national assets, the shipping lines, NigeriaAir, Refineries, etc. The military that made your parents used sawdust to cook. You must be less than 15years.

Nigeria started going down when the so-called military instituted the act that states that Nigerians should hold 51% shares of multinationals that want to set up a business in Nigeria. Why would any company want to do that? They invested their money and you know say 51% should belong to citizens of the country. What might look good as a sound bite does not make any business sense. Repealing that law will go a long way in improving the development of that country. Nigeria of the 1980s is way better than what the country is today.
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:15pm On Feb 05
Moreover, contrary to speculations, Cardoso stated that he had nothing against the central bank’s interventions in the economy, pointing out that this remains a standard practice globally, especially in times of crisis.
All those who want Emefiele to hang for printing money will not like this statement especially nairalanda1

And that they get to where they are meant to get to because that, to me, is really a concern, that handling such huge sums of money without having the capacity as a central bank to do that directly can create serious distortions in the environment and I think that’s part of the problems we are having today.”
Legendhero, I remember telling you Anchors Borrowers Programme did not get to most genuine farmers and you regaled me with TVC videos to prove to me that they did. Hope you can at least believe a member of your own caucus now instead of blaming Nigerians for the corruption of your APC
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Bluntemperor: 4:22pm On Feb 05
Ajehkpako4naija:
All these figures u are quoting is just for propaganda, A Bullion van thief as president can never be trusted with his errand boy as CBN Governor

Attention CBN Governor- Cardoso:
This one up above me- can't decode anything economic,for he thinks ,to restore what has been destroyed - from home and abroad,na small thing! -We must build- TRUST On the Economy- and this has been destroyed -by the former Economic Management - the CBN-under Emiefiele,the Finance Minister,the MIDAS -Min and Depts-----------like the --NNPC,the DISCOS,etc,these Institutions can't even give Accounts of the Funds they received as Dollars-------Loan and the Multi- Billions these Ministries received! e g Ministry of Humanitarian ,Poverty and Disasters!
1• What is the Amount of the NTrillions on Anchor Borrowers Account and when would the Farmers be restored back?
2•What happens to Security of Our Farms- all over the Country?
It is a very serious issues!
3•when would Nigerians be receiving Money in the Banks ATM Machines all over Nigeria,as we have Cash Crunch and what is the Solutions?
4• Why has the CBN not allowed the Full Implementation of Importations of RICE into the Nigeria Market- since Tinubu gave that Order/ directives to 42- Items since August 2023 and who is in Charge?
5• What is CBN doing on the Agriculture itself?
6• How much has been saved from the Subsidies Removal Now- transparency is important,as People cannot be Suffering,while you claimed to be Saving- which is not coming to reflect on the Masses?
•Note:
Rice Is the Only Staple Food now,as Bread is gone with Ukraine- Russian War!
-The Rice- is not available to Common Man- due to High Prices- N62,000 per a Bag? Why? - We need the two -----------Ministers of Agriculture- to tell Nigerians-on - what they are doing differently- with Our Budgets- why Yellow-Ike( rubber) should be sold for N3500- 4000?
•Rice should not be above N25,000,so why is it Increasing in Prices because is not being allowed into Nigeria Market! This is has economic Policy!
•Can the Masses know how much Dollars are being held in the Domiciliary -Accounts of our Politicians( especially the Executive and Legislatures Senators and House of Reps+ Governors +the States Assembly Members)- since most of them didn't work for it!
7• Why is Money Scarce?
8• Why is Nigeria not having Regular Lights?( We need Minister of Power here- on the Issues of Gas,etc)!
9• How do you want to handle the Sprawling Inflation?
10• How do you want to restore the Unemployment of the Youths?
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by pquaver(m): 4:31pm On Feb 05
Babalegba:
You wanted democracy, didn't you.Enjoy it. The military pegged the naira which politicians are unable to do.
Stop typing nonsense..was the naira Not ON steady decline since its introduction?has any Military raised naira value before?
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by grandstar(m): 4:34pm On Feb 05
Babalegba:
You wanted democracy, didn't you.Enjoy it. The military pegged the naira which politicians are unable to do.

I lived through the dark days of Babangida and Abacha.

What you wrote is cringy and bereft of facts.

Also, pegged exchange rates are very dangerous to an economy. They actually cause far more damage than a flexible exchange.

The mess the economy is today has its root during the Shagari government when a pegged exchange rate was in use.

When the oil price collapsed, Shagari rather than allow the Nair depreciate to reflect the drop in dollar inflows , kept it the same. This led to sever forex shortages and the economy swiftly collapsed. This was basically a repeat of Buhari 2015.

This has been the harsh experience of countries such as Mexico, Brazil, Argentina which used a tight peg. A flexible peg enables currencies to adjust adequately to the currency inflows and outflows that affect an economy, especially when the tables turn suddenly.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by airsaylongcome: 4:35pm On Feb 05
Kingsley67:
Wait; u say
Please call for the installation of your CCTV INTERCOM FIRE ALARM
ZERO SEVEN ZERO SIX SIX SEVEN FOUR FOUR THREE ONE EIGHT...

Is the intercom the analog type or VoIP?
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Biodun556(m): 4:35pm On Feb 05
Babalegba:

Military is not an option please
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by 9jii(m): 4:36pm On Feb 05
onadana:

Will be great since when....just make sure your children's future is padded and insulated against all these madness happening in Nigeria. We don't want a situation in future where our children will be telling themselves...papa no try at all...long after our demise.
So far I can only thank God for being Nigerian and my family too.

2 Likes

Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by BHG1: 4:47pm On Feb 05
Teenager K!lled As Smugglers Fleeing From Custom Officials In Katsina Ram Into Bystanders https://www.bhginfodesk.com/2024/02/teenager-klled-as-smugglers-fleeing.html
Bluntemperor:

This one up can't decode anything economic,for he thinks ,to restore what has been destroyed - from home and abroad -we must build- TRUST - and this has been destroyed -by the former economic Management - the CBN-under Emiefiele,the Finance Minister,the MIDAS -Min and Depts-like the NNPC,the DISCOS,etc, can't even give Accounts of the Funds they received as Dollars- Loan and the Multi- Billions these Ministries received! e g Ministry of Humanitarian ,Poverty and Disasters!
- What is the Amount of the NTrillions on Anchor Borrowers Account?
It is a very serious issues!
*To The New CBN Governor:
•when would Nigerians be receiving Money in the Banks ATM Machines all over Nigeria,as we have Cash Crunch and what is the Solutions?
• Why has the CBN not allowed the Full Implementation of Importations of RICE into the Nigeria Market- since Tinubu gave that Order/ directives to 42- Items since August 2023 and who is in Charge?
• What is CBN doing on the Agriculture itself?
• How much has been saved from the Subsidies Removal- transparency is important,as People cannot be Suffering,while you claimed to be Saving- which is not coming to reflect on the Masses?
•Note- Rice Is the Only Staple Food now, and not Bread but yet is not available to Common Man- due to High Prices- N62,000 per a Bag? Why?
•Can the Masses know how much Dollars are being held in the Domiciliary -Accounts of our Politicians( especially the Executive and Legislatures Senators and House of Reps+ Governors +the States Assembly Members)- since most of them didn't work for it!
• Why is Money Scarce?
• Why is Nigeria not having Regular Lights?
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by theredaddy: 4:57pm On Feb 05
alt3r3g0:
Why do they keep going to Arise tv for interviews that they claim is the enemy?

Using Arisetv eliminates "partisanship or apolitical" uproar that may come up

If the govt uses TVC or NTA, people generally believe they are apolitical therefore the interviews are scripted for safe landing

Sometimes you keep the enemy closer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:57pm On Feb 05
aribisala0:

You are ignorant. Talking bullshiit?

How old are you?

The WORST period in exchange rate history happened under the military
Buhari took over power on 1 January 1984 One dollar was. 75 KOBO
He was removed on August 27 1985

The rate was. 3NAIRA
in less than 2years

Babangida took over in 1985 and from 3 Naira it went to 80 when democracy returned

That would be like moving from. 75 Naira to 8000 Naira in 16 years .

That is what Buhari ,Babangida and Abacha achieved in 16 years so do not try to rewrite history

Let us put it in today's terms
Buhari moved Naira from 450 to 1350 between January 1_1984 and August 1985
IB B and Abacha took over and moved it from 1350 to 36000 between 1985
and 1998

That is the equivalent comparison

How is this comparison valid?

I don't get the maths
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Paramount01(m): 5:00pm On Feb 05
alt3r3g0:
Why do they keep going to Arise tv for interviews that they claim is the enemy?

Arise invited them, you think CBN governor have that time, it even take Alot of writing before he can agree for the interview
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by aribisala0(m): 5:03pm On Feb 05
Agboriotejoye:

How is this comparison valid?

I don't get the maths
Find someone who does to help you
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Kionrae: 5:21pm On Feb 05
9jii:
We ll get there.
The enemy of this country will be disappointed
Nigeria ll be great Insha Allah
u no dey shame
Nigeria will be great since the days of your fathers and grandfather's werey
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Larryndelaw: 6:24pm On Feb 05
bestman09:
Government of liars
hold your brother Emefiele responsible
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by 9jii(m): 7:19pm On Feb 05
Kionrae:
u no dey shame
Nigeria will be great since the days of your fathers and grandfather's werey
It's like forever to shortsighted guys like you. That's y u always cry and complain in your life
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Kionrae: 7:21pm On Feb 05
9jii:

It's like forever to shortsighted guys like you. That's y u always cry and complain in your life
mumu why your father no see Nigerias prosperity?
Was he shortsighted too
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by commoditiesnig: 9:11pm On Feb 05
PressMyButton:
Emefiele killed everything left of the economy.
I tell you bro.. So shocking!
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by 920adebusoye: 10:18pm On Feb 05
Same story no progressSame story no progress...
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by 9jii(m): 10:37pm On Feb 05
Kionrae:
mumu why your father no see Nigerias prosperity?
Was he shortsighted too
Brothels product thank God you know I have father.
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Chassy03: 10:37pm On Feb 05
The name self,cardoso dey irritate me
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Kionrae: 10:44pm On Feb 05
9jii:

Brothels product thank God you know I have father.
but does your father know you're his son?
Better still ask your LovePeddler slut mother to tell you the truth
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Proudlyomonna: 12:47am On Feb 06
The Alajo somolu has spoken grin grin
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Babalegba(m): 1:52am On Feb 06
aribisala0:

You are ignorant. Talking bullshiit?

How old are you?

The WORST period in exchange rate history happened under the military
Buhari took over power on 1 January 1984 One dollar was. 75 KOBO
He was removed on August 27 1985

The rate was. 3NAIRA
in less than 2years

Babangida took over in 1985 and from 3 Naira it went to 80 when democracy returned

That would be like moving from. 75 Naira to 8000 Naira in 16 years .

That is what Buhari ,Babangida and Abacha achieved in 16 years so do not try to rewrite history

Let us put it in today's terms
Buhari moved Naira from 450 to 1350 between January 1_1984 and August 1985
IB B and Abacha took over and moved it from 1350 to 36000 between 1985
and 1998

That is the equivalent comparison
I'm actually gob smacked by your wuruwuru statistics.You were talking about units of naira and dollars but completely silent on salary progression, currency devaluation,oil price crash and GDP depletion that happened at the time.Do you think that you are dealing with a village idiot.
The average clerical officer was earning 75 naira per month in 1981 but by 1998 it should be around 1000 naira meaning that he was still getting value even at the higher numerical price. for dollar exchanges.
The naira retained it's value until Jonathan came and it tumbled from them on
To clarify,you could eat a modest meal of sausage and chips for a pound in London in 1983 and you would do the same for 4naira in Nigeria but now a pound gets you nothing in London but 1700 naira buys you rice,beans,meat , fried plantain and two bottles of Goldberg at a buka in Nigeria.. Democracy has failed Nigeria.The incessant looting has made the naira undervalued

1 Like

Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by 9jii(m): 7:54am On Feb 06
Kionrae:
but does your father know you're his son?
Better still ask your LovePeddler slut mother to tell you the truth
Baby factory product
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Kionrae: 12:55pm On Feb 06
9jii:

My mom was a slut
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by 9jii(m): 7:21am On Feb 07
Kionrae:
yes
im product of baby factory. I don't have respect for parents
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by Kionrae: 8:52am On Feb 07
9jii:

My mother was a whoree who slept with every tom dick and Harry,she had no respect for my useless and miserable simp father
So you can see why I was born a retarded brain dead loser
Re: Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding by 9jii(m): 12:25pm On Feb 07
Kionrae:

My mother was a whoree who slept with every tom dick and Harry,she had no respect for my useless and miserable simp father
So you can see why I was born a retarded brain dead loser

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh / Bindow Jibrilla Visits Bomb Blast Victims, Bans Night Market / Edo: You Are Campaigning For Me – Iduoriyekemwen To Ize-iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.