Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son (33559 Views)

Community Kick As Army Detains Council Chairman Over Military Attack in Taraba / Army Detains Charles Nengite Over $16 Million Found In Wife’s Account / Ayo Oluwaniyi, Stolen N400m: Army Detains Fleeing Soldier’s Wife, Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by ijustdey: 11:37am On Feb 05
Emmanuel Brown, the 23-year-old son of female soldier, Philomena Nnamoko, attached to Ilese Sappers Barracks, Division 2, Ogun State, has been allegedly detained by the Nigerian Army.

Our correspondent gathered that Brown was locked up in a guardroom by a female lieutenant colonel in the army for granting an interview to The PUNCH shortly after his mother was sent to a psychiatric hospital in Yaba.

In the interview with our correspondent, Brown explained how soldiers beat his mother and sent her to the psychiatric hospital under the guise that she had a mental illness.

In an interview with Sunday PUNCH, Nnamoko accused her superiors of sexual harassment and maltreatment and claimed to have written 10 discharge letters without her superiors approving any.

However, in a recorded voice note that was made available to Sunday PUNCH by Nnamoko’s lawyer, Kayode Oshiyemi, our correspondent heard her lamenting that her child had been locked up in a guardroom.

She was heard saying, “They are unwilling to release me from here and have locked up my child in the guardroom because he spoke to PUNCH Newspaper. Civilian workers on this premise concluded that I would be here (psychiatric hospital) for a month, alleging that I had attempted suicide, which I never attempted to do.

“The most painful part is my child who had been detained in the guardroom by a female lieutenant colonel.”

Efforts to speak with the Director of Army Public Relations, Maj. Gen. Nwachukwu Onyema, proved abortive as his number was unreachable, and he had not replied to messages sent to him via SMS and WhatsApp as of the time of filing this report.

But the spokesperson of the 35 Artillery Brigade, Lt. Mohammed Goni, said, “The whole concept of your story is not correct and you didn’t contact me at that point to clarify issues to you.”

“I can’t give you fictitious information to work with. Come let’s go for investigative journalism so you can see for yourself; you can’t write such a sensitive report without having factual proof,” Goni said.

Reacting to the incident, the lawyer described Brown’s arrest as unlawful.

Oshiyemi, “The boy went to see his mother and they locked up the boy, he is now in the cell of the Nigerian army because he went to make a publication about his mother.

“Because they don’t want us to go to court because of the ill-treatment that they had done to the woman (Philomena), they are now locking up her son in the guardroom. Meanwhile, the boy has done nothing wrong, just because he was granted an interview to PUNCH Newspaper; that is an unlawful detention of a civilian.

The lawyer told Sunday PUNCH that the soldier’s son had been unreachable when he tried to contact him.

He said, “When I tried calling the boy’s phone, I discovered that someone else was using it to chat with me on WhatsApp. Later, I found out that the boy was in the guardroom and the person I was communicating with was not him.

“Unsure of their identity, I messaged them, explaining that I knew the boy was unlawfully detained according to his mother, and that I would take action because he is a civilian, not an army officer, and should not be detained.

“Around 30 minutes later, the son called me and informed me that he had been released. I asked him why he had been detained, and he explained that a lieutenant colonel claimed he had published the issue in a newspaper, and that was what led to his arrest.”

https://punchng.com/alleged-sexual-harassment-army-detains-female-soldiers-son-after-punch-interview/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by otipoju(m): 11:42am On Feb 05
Nigeria...land of the devils.

Wickedness everywhere you turn to.

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by Watianoengineer(m): 11:43am On Feb 05
May God help una settle am. If I comment wetin dey my mind now, make them no go detain me too. lipsrsealed

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by JayyXXX(m): 11:45am On Feb 05
This is the kind of useless treatment one gets for picking up interest to join the Army.

Shame

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by MadamExcellency: 11:55am On Feb 05
This is a taste of military rule. Never again should the Army take over a democracy. Lawless people trained to kill.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by PUSSYHOE(m): 11:57am On Feb 05
I am not a coward but I am most careful since I understand Nigeria system.

You don't have to experience it first hand before you take precaution unless of course your leg strong too.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by RepoMan007: 1:05pm On Feb 05
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/alleged-sexual-harassment-army-detains-female-soldiers-son-after-punch-interview/

Nlfpmod
The voiceless are going through a lot in the hands of these uniform men. Mother and son like that and terrorist are having a smooth adventure killing civilians elsewhere.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by Dotherightthing: 1:12pm On Feb 05
Women should stay away from the military for now embarassed

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by Bobloco: 1:18pm On Feb 05
MadamExcellency:
This is a taste of military rule. Never again should the Army take over a democracy. Lawless people trained to kill.

This is happening under Tinubu's regime, a supposed civilian government.

Note: In terms of the general well-being of the people, the worst military government is far better than the current Tinubu government.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by Melagros(m): 2:37pm On Feb 05
COMRADES, Nigerian army under the leadership of lagbaja and musa is becoming more brutal and useless day by day

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by ecolime(m): 3:18pm On Feb 05
cry
Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by money121(m): 3:19pm On Feb 05
Better
Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by manuelkel(m): 3:20pm On Feb 05
angry
Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by Mopolchi: 3:20pm On Feb 05
Na evil people dey lead this country and army

7 Likes

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by MrBachelor: 3:20pm On Feb 05
angry

This Tinibu corntree is too lawless.

3 Likes

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by Enemyofpeace: 3:21pm On Feb 05
Very useless people in a very useless country

1 Like

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by bestman09(m): 3:22pm On Feb 05
shocked
Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by ElSudani: 3:22pm On Feb 05
Melagros:
COMRADES, Nigerian army under the leadership of lagbaja and musa is becoming more brutal and useless day by day

You think this is a new thing?

5 Likes

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by blueghost(m): 3:23pm On Feb 05
shocked angry
Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by BennyDGreat: 3:23pm On Feb 05
Na because we no get strong institutions.

They had no business keeping the guy in any guard room and the person who gave the order broke the law.

But no strong judiciary....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by nairavsdollars(f): 3:24pm On Feb 05
The authorities should Intervene
Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by SaturnNick(m): 3:25pm On Feb 05
Ohhh
Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by TUTU147: 3:25pm On Feb 05
Our soldiers are becoming too lawless, fg should do something about it.

1 Like

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by boxypane(m): 3:25pm On Feb 05
Detained by a female soldier wey suppose get sense.

3 Likes

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by hammer567: 3:26pm On Feb 05
EVEN ARMY DEY COMPLAIN.

THE THIEF NA REAL SATAN
Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by Administration1: 3:26pm On Feb 05
Na wa ooo
Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by MrBachelor: 3:26pm On Feb 05
BennyDGreat:
Na because we no get strong institutions.

They had no business keeping the guy in any guard room and the person who gave the order broke the law.

But no strong judiciary....

There is no even judiciary. An institution that affirmed a drug trafficker as president is anything but a judiciary. Hence, everyone is doing as they like.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by DatNiggaDaz: 3:27pm On Feb 05
money121:
Better

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by qtx(m): 3:28pm On Feb 05
ijustdey:

A civilian locked up in the gaurd room? oh Nigeria my country, what can't we hear here? Military recklessness and lawlessness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by Triangles1(m): 3:28pm On Feb 05
High time men behave, you hardly see where female molest male, only male story always make the headline, once relationship go sour the next thing is rape.

3 Likes

Re: Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son by crestedmazi: 3:28pm On Feb 05
what tribe is this woman pls.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From The 70th Birthday Celebration Of Billionaire, Prince Arthur Eze / Boko Haram Invades Borno, Destroys Telecom Mast, Other Facilities / Lauretta Onochie Blasts Dele Momodu For Crediting Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.