Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? (865 Views)

Do This When Your Car Is Consuming Fuel / These Are 7 Possible Reasons Why Your Car Is Consuming Excess Fuel / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Horbar1: 9:41pm On Feb 05
Expert in the house I spent between ₦15-₦20k on fuel weekly without using the AC.. Since the removal of subsidy I hardly fill up my tank due to high cost of fuel. The type of car is 4 plug corolla, hatch back. It is generally believed that such car don't consume much fuel. But yesterday I bought fuel of 9k at ₦640 and ₦600. I first bought ₦4k at ₦640 before I bought ₦5k at ₦600(Bovas). While coming home this evening I noticed that the warning sign is showing on the dashboard.

Any tips to know if my car is consuming fuel abnormally ?
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Chicagograduate(m): 9:47pm On Feb 05
Sell your car to save cost.
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by correctyourself(m): 9:57pm On Feb 05
Horbar1:
Expert in the house I spent between ₦15-₦20k on fuel weekly without using the AC.. Since the removal of subsidy I hardly fill up my tank due to high cost of fuel. The type of car is 4 plug corolla, hatch back. It is generally believed that such car don't consume much fuel. But yesterday I bought fuel of 9k at ₦640 and ₦600. I first bought ₦4k at ₦640 before I bought ₦5k at ₦600(Bovas). While coming home this evening I noticed that the warning sign is showing on the dashboard.

Next time once it shows warning take the odometer, toup fuel of any and write it down as well, then allow it to get to warning sign and take the odometer again and send to me and i will work it out and get back to you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Babamide(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05
How many kilometers you travel?
Why did you mention bovas?
What is the name of the other station you patronized?
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by femi4: 11:43pm On Feb 05
Horbar1:

Stop buying fuel by price, buy by litres.

Stop making it easy for fuel attendants to cheat you.
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Whois(m): 7:26am On Feb 07
Buy full tank, reset ur trip meter, use the fuel to low fuel sign comes up on your dashboard, then you'll have your anwser

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Kaybaba5(m): 3:59pm On Feb 10
Chicagograduate:
Sell your car to save cost.

Bad belle spotted
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by sexyto(m): 4:05pm On Feb 10
femi4:
Stop buying fuel by price, buy by litres.

Stop making it easy for fuel attendants to cheat you.

How is buy by price cheating oneself?
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by femi4: 5:52pm On Feb 10
sexyto:

How is buy by price cheating oneself?
E.g if 10litres is N500.01

If you buy using litres, you will pay N500

But if you buy using price, the attendance can stop the pump at N499.99 or less which is a bit less than 10 litres

Now, imagine using such trick on 100 customers per day, let's say 0.1litres X 100 = 10litres. That's the gain of the fuel attendant each day outside his salary
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by sexyto(m): 7:09pm On Feb 10
femi4:
E.g if 10litres is N500.01

If you buy using litres, you will pay N500

But if you buy using price, the attendance can stop the pump at N499.99 or less which is a bit less than 10 litres

Now, imagine using such trick on 100 customers per day, let's say 0.1litres X 100 = 10litres. That's the gain of the fuel attendant each day outside his salary
I usually buy by amount not the fuel price, so I get my money's worth.
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by femi4: 7:19pm On Feb 10
sexyto:
I usually buy by amount not the fuel price, so I get my money's worth.
You still don't get it. I can explain more than that
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Chicagograduate(m): 8:16pm On Feb 10
Kaybaba5:

Bad belle spotted
Is owning a car an asset?
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Horbar1: 7:11pm On Feb 11
Babamide:
How many kilometers you travel?
Why did you mention bovas?
What is the name of the other station you patronized?
I travelled 11km 4 times in a day. I mentioned Bovas because of the price difference and also because I presumed their liter should be accurate.
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Horbar1: 7:18pm On Feb 11
Whois:
Buy full tank, reset ur trip meter, use the fuel to low fuel sign comes up on your dashboard, then you'll have your anwser
Can you please teach me how to do this ? Which of these should I choose?

Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Babamide(m): 5:58pm On Feb 12
Horbar1:
I travelled 11km 4 times in a day. I mentioned Bovas because of the price difference and also because I presumed their liter should be accurate.
That's like saying you travelled 44km with 14.5 litres of fuel or (14.5 minus your tank reserve) litres of the car was empty before.

Whois:
This is the best way to know.

Horbar1:
Can you please teach me how to do this ? Which of these should I choose?
The button you are looking for should be on the dashboard somewhere besides the odometer.

Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by fineboynl(m): 7:43pm On Feb 12
I know it's hard right now to full a tank.

But just Buy 20L in a gallon. Ensure it's a complete 20L that is inside.

Drive Ur car until the yellow 🟡 come on.

That moment pour in the 20L. The yellow 🟡 will disappear. Snap Ur odo or trip meter then Drive the car until the yellow 🟡 show up again. Then calculate the km or miles. 20L is 5 gallons. You can do it with 10L 2.5 gallon.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by paix(m): 3:41pm On Feb 14
Chicagograduate:
Is owning a car an asset?
It depends, commercial or private?
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Horbar1: 8:19pm On Feb 14
fineboynl:

I know it's hard right now to full a tank.

But just Buy 20L in a gallon. Ensure it's a complete 20L that is inside.

Drive Ur car until the yellow 🟡 come on.

That moment pour in the 20L. The yellow 🟡 will disappear. Snap Ur odo or trip meter then Drive the car until the yellow 🟡 show up again. Then calculate the km or miles. 20L is 5 gallons. You can do it with 10L 2.5 gallon.
Thank you for this.
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Horbar1: 8:20pm On Feb 14
Babamide:
That's like saying you travelled 44km with 14.5 litres of fuel or (14.5 minus your tank reserve) litres of the car was empty before.
Is it normal ?
Re: How Do I Know If My Car Is Consuming Fuel ? by Chicagograduate(m): 11:57am On Feb 15
paix:
It depends, commercial or private?
Even commercial comes with it own problems.You are in for constant police harassment for bribe,agbero go do their own wahala.
I never talk of when the car developed a fault o.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Know About This Car: Magnum Dodge 2006 / Latest Price Of Car Coversion From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive / New Plate Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.