Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors (3702 Views)

My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? / S&S Hotels And Suites Fresh Graduate Job Recruitment (13 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by MoonWater: 8:55am On Feb 06
I have been in the hospitality industry for a few years and I have had funny experiences with Yoruba actress and actors.

They come to hotels and make fake transfers and when you raise their attention to such transactions, they start shouting and saying they are stars and can't run away. Guess what, they'll leave without paying. You will endup calling their lines and reaching them on Instagram DM.

Some Yoruba actors will buy food at the hotel restaurant and say the bills should be kept at the reception. They will say they will pay the bill at the point of checkout. They will leave the hotel and not come back to properly check out. Most Yoruba actors and actresses are Skippers (people who run away without paying for services rendered at hotels)

Those artists are very dishonest and will be pushing self recognition when you question their transactions. Yourba artists please stop this nonsense.

After running from the hotel and you start calling them, they will start threatening you. They say they are going to post your hotel on social media for bad service. Isn't that a blackmail?
You enjoyed a service and didn't complain. But you deliberately owed and ran away.
That's their stock-in-trade.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by MoonWater: 9:02am On Feb 06
I hope you know those bills you didn't pay are not going to be paid by the hotel.
It is the staff on duty that is going to bare the loss. The hotel will deduct that money from our small salaries. The staff on duty will be responsible for the payment

You yoruba artists should fear God and stop pushing self-recognition. Pay for services rendered to you.
And also please stop the fake transfer o.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Mikespecialone(m): 10:28am On Feb 06
Lies from the pit of hell or u show us proof

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by BlackyOne: 10:31am On Feb 06
So why do you care if the hotel will get bad review, if you have evidence then they're the ones to be scared of you...

You should drag them in social media, make them pay!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by MoonWater: 10:57am On Feb 06
BlackyOne:
So why do you care if the hotel will get bad review, if you have evidence then they're the ones to be scared of you...

You should drag them in social media, make them pay!

I take it you are inexperienced in hospitality. There is a difference between blackmail and bad reviews.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Sirhush(m): 11:13am On Feb 06
That shows you are a good hotel attendance. Mind you at the end of the month come and collect your 2k balance which is your salary. Mumu shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Emmanuel900(m): 11:36am On Feb 06
This post is very tribalistic as fvck

It seem like a propaganda attack on Yoruba actors lol

How come you are the only one that experience it and the most annoying thing is you don't have any evidence.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Peppysco: 12:00pm On Feb 06
MoonWater:
I have been in the hospitality industry for a few years and I have had funny experiences with Yoruba actress and actors.

They come to hotels and make fake transfers and when you raise their attention to such transactions, they start shouting and saying they are stars and can't run away. Guess what, they'll leave without paying. You will endup calling their lines and reaching them on Instagram DM.

Some Yoruba actors will buy food at the hotel restaurant and say the bills should be kept at the reception. They will say they will pay the bill at the point of checkout. They will leave the hotel and not come back to properly check out. Most Yoruba actors and actresses are Skippers (people who run away without paying for services rendered at hotels)

Those artists are very dishonest and will be pushing self recognition when you question their transactions. Yourba artists please stop this nonsense.

After running from the hotel and you start calling them, they will start threatening you. They say they are going to post your hotel on social media for bad service. Isn't that a blackmail?
You enjoyed a service and didn't complain. But you deliberately owed and ran away.

You make this bogus allegations without mentioning a single name, your intention is well noted.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by faceland: 12:08pm On Feb 06
MoonWater:
I hope you know those bills you didn't pay are not going to be paid by the hotel.
It is the staff on duty that is going to bare the loss. The hotel will deduct that money from our small salaries. The staff on duty will be responsible for the payment

You yoruba artists should fear God and stop pushing self-recognition. Pay for services rendered to you.
And also please stop the fake transfer o.

True. Nothing is free.

It is common with bar.
Hotel, you have not paid, am not releasing key. Bar they might drink 12 bottles over many hours, then take another 6 after paying for the first 12, then they start trouble.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Karlifate: 12:34pm On Feb 06
This post without substantial evidence(s) is tantamount to libel, and libel is a criminal offence.

9 Likes

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Eunoiaa(f): 12:37pm On Feb 06
^ 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Aside that clownish take, I do agree with a commenter's judgment of you OP.

The post is buy-gotted.
Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Karlifate: 12:38pm On Feb 06
Peppysco:

You make this bogus allegations without mentioning a single name, your intention is well noted.

Exactly!

It's as if the poster is riding on the wave of that Yoruba actress that allegedly stole gold in one Lagos market.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by MoonWater: 1:08pm On Feb 06
Emmanuel900:
This post is very tribalistic as fvck

It seem like a propaganda attack on Yoruba actors lol

How come you are the only one that experience it and the most annoying thing is you don't have any evidence.

Alaye rest abeg. What's my business with any fvucking tribalism. I am stating things as it is Oga

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by MoonWater: 1:12pm On Feb 06
faceland:

True. Nothing is free.

It is common with bar.
Hotel, you have not paid, am not releasing key. Bar they might drink 12 bottles over many hours, then take another 6 after paying for the first 12, then they start trouble.

that's what they do.
I hope other Nigerians call them out too

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by MoonWater: 1:12pm On Feb 06
Karlifate:

Exactly!

It's as if the poster is riding on the wave of that Yoruba actress that allegedly stole gold in Ikorodu market.

Which actress?
Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by EmperorCaesar(m): 2:05pm On Feb 06
"Yoruba Actors"

I like how everything now revolves around ethnic bashing but when we start now, I no wan hear pim

You're a big liar bro

I think I know where u come from and I also know the shape of your head cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Emmanuel900(m): 2:42pm On Feb 06
MoonWater:

Alaye rest abeg. What's my business with any fvucking tribalism. I am stating things as it is Oga

So the Yoruba actors and actresses don't have names ?

and if every Yoruba actors and actresses that patronize where ever you work always use fake alerts for payment all the time, i don't think the management are stupid enough to keep quiet every time they do so. One would be caught and publicly disgrace and humiliated.

I hope you can prove your allegation if Hands touch you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by KashApp: 3:25pm On Feb 06
Emmanuel900:

So the Yoruba actors and actresses don't have names ?

and if every Yoruba actors and actresses that patronize where ever you work always use fake alerts for payment all the time, i don't think the management are stupid enough to keep quiet every time they do so. One would be caught and publicly disgrace and humiliated.

I hope you can prove your allegation if Hands touch you.
God bless you! Mention their names and provide just one evidence

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by SureboiOG: 4:34pm On Feb 06
smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Greystone: 4:48pm On Feb 06
A "Pay before service" policy should be a remedy.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Inspirer1: 5:06pm On Feb 06
He didn't mention any actor's name, nor mention the hotel's name, and neither the state its located.

All we are seeing is Yoruba actors...

That's how you guys normally start but when they start giving it back to you in same manner you'll start calling on the mods and Seun

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by grandstar(m): 6:00pm On Feb 06
MoonWater

It is sad to hear this.

Yoruba actors earn very little compared to their English counterparts.

Igbo marketers have frustrated their entry into English speaking field as they dominate it and can be very prejudice.
Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by JohnAOne: 7:07pm On Feb 06
Mynd44, Fergie01.

Please what is this thread clearly in violation of Rule 8 amid other rules still live?
Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by SamOchuko: 7:17pm On Feb 06
MoonWater:

What tribe are you?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Bigseven(m): 7:26pm On Feb 06
Install cctv so that whenever they threaten to blackmail online then you dare them also by sharing their moment of begging at the entry point. E reach time to pay e don turn story.
When will everything work perfect in this country? Like someone will enter somewhere, transact and leave peacefully? Wo no gree for anybody sha
Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by coputa(m): 7:27pm On Feb 06
I do not think this attitude is only common with actors of Yoruba extraction,it is usually a Nigerian character.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by CHRISTFUCKER: 7:57pm On Feb 06
Buy an ad, Femi
Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by MyExpression(m): 8:01pm On Feb 06
JohnAOne:
IGBO ACTORS ARE THE WORST!

Mynd44, Fergie01.

Please what is this thread clearly in violation of Rule 8 amid other rules still live?

I've been liking every post against the OP, until I saw yours.

So you can't just tow the honourable path...you had to go low to his level...now you're calling admin, to come and do their job...and that might involve your own rebuttal comment.
Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by Error401: 8:22pm On Feb 06
Why not mention names Insist on verified transaction before anyone leaves or only accept cash payment/POS. No bank transfers. Its that simple
MoonWater:

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by siant: 8:36pm On Feb 06
grandstar:
MoonWater

It is sad to hear this.

Igbo marketers have frustrated their entry into English speaking field as they dominate it and can be very prejudice.
You had better don't start what you cannot finish.
Olori pelebe

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by MoonWater: 8:39pm On Feb 06
grandstar:
MoonWater

It is sad to hear this.

That's non of my business.
My own is, they should stop going to hotels and end up owing.
The money is deducted from our salaries. Whoever was on duty will be held responsible for the debt

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working In Hotels And Yoruba Actors by MoonWater: 8:43pm On Feb 06
Bigseven:
Install cctv so that whenever they threaten to blackmail online then you dare them also by sharing their moment of begging at the entry point. E reach time to pay e don turn story.
When will everything work perfect in this country? Like someone will enter somewhere, transact and leave peacefully? Wo no gree for anybody sha

We have Cctv at the reception and the hall ways. But those can only be accessed by the IT department.
The receptionist can't see the record of the cctv

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally,dragnet Fixes Date For Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc's Aptitude Test. / Career Opportunity At Piston And Fusion Limited / Sokoto State University Recruits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.