Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,686 members, 7,851,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:47 PM

Jay-z Drags Grammys On Stage For Never Giving Wife, Beyonce ‘album Of The Year’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jay-z Drags Grammys On Stage For Never Giving Wife, Beyonce ‘album Of The Year’ (425 Views)

Fan Thrown Off Stage For Interrupting Davido At Rick Ross' Lagos Concert (Video) / Uche Maduagwu Shades Davido For Not Featuring On Beyonce Album, Hails Wizkid / Beyonce's Album: Davido Congratulates Wizkid, Others For Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jay-z Drags Grammys On Stage For Never Giving Wife, Beyonce ‘album Of The Year’ by DyshApp: 9:51am On Feb 06
US rapper, Jay-Z, used his winner’s speech to drag Grammys for refusing to award his wife, Beyonce, Album of the Year.

The 54-year-old, approached the stage with his daughter Blue Ivy to accept the Dr. Dre Global Impact Award, which recognizes his musical achievements.

Jay-Z expressed gratitude for the award but urged the Recording Academy to “get it right” in his acceptance speech.

Making reference to his wife creating history during last year’s ceremony by winning a record 32 trophies, he said:

“I don’t want to embarrass this young lady, but she has more Grammys than everyone and never won album of the year.

“Think about that. Most Grammys never won Album of the Year, that doesn’t work.

“Some of you will go home tonight and feel like you’ve been robbed, some of you may get robbed, some of you don’t belong in the category.

“When I get nervous, I tell the truth,” Jay-Z said.

👉Follow up with all the juicy Naija celebrity Gist on Dysh

Re: Jay-z Drags Grammys On Stage For Never Giving Wife, Beyonce ‘album Of The Year’ by We4all: 11:21am On Feb 06
Omoh! Blue Ivy is looking very matured.
Re: Jay-z Drags Grammys On Stage For Never Giving Wife, Beyonce ‘album Of The Year’ by StreetTyga: 3:42pm On Feb 06
Must he come with black ivy
Re: Jay-z Drags Grammys On Stage For Never Giving Wife, Beyonce ‘album Of The Year’ by DyshApp: 3:52pm On Feb 07
We4all:
Omoh! Blue Ivy is looking very matured.

Yeah she's grown alot
Re: Jay-z Drags Grammys On Stage For Never Giving Wife, Beyonce ‘album Of The Year’ by DyshApp: 3:52pm On Feb 07
StreetTyga:
Must he come with black ivy

I know right beyonce puts her in all her activities, they are probably trying to promote her image

(1) (Reply)

Boyfriend Of Lady Omah Lay Borrowed To Rock On Stage Lands Ambassadorial Deal / Nollywood Actor Stephen Odimgbe Biography / You Are Not My God- Abuja Barber Attack Davido For Saying "U Dull Ur Generation"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.